PLEASE DON'T GO [ lupine ]

Jun 11, 2023
STATUES AND EMPIRES✧°.☀ ————————————
There had been a couple things on Falconpaw's mind as he left the medicine den about a week or more ago. Greeneyes. Fireflypaw. A couple other cats- Lupinepaw was one of them. He was pretty sure he knew when he got infected, but having to watch her leave the den while he dissolved into sickness... stars, his chest ached thinking about it. He enjoyed everytime that she visited thoroughly, and... his eyebrows drew together as he lay in front of the apprentice den, grooming a paw of his to drag over his ear a moment later.

A tiny breath left him, eyes closing as he lowered his paws to the ground again. Finally, his chest was bursting and yearning, so Falconpaw found himself on his paws, heading towards where Lupinepaw was- whether it was patching a camp wall or resting within the apprentice den, Falconpaw was searching.

@LUPINEPAW

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ ALL AT YOUR PAWS

❀‿ Falconpaw had resided stubbornly in Lupinepaw's head for the past few moons as his physical self walked the narrow tightrope of illness and death. She prayed out for his continued survival every day without fail, worried that his life would slip through her paws had she forgotten to. Blessedly, the thing that ruled over such subjects as life and death took enough pity on her that Falconpaw pulled through. Now, as she watched him go about his daily life beside her within Skyclan, she couldn't help but feel relief warm her heart knowing that yellowcough was behind him. She hoped that fate would be kind enough to keep him out of danger going forward, too—at least for a little while.

Lupinepaw would be found working on fortifying some of the woven parts of the camp wall. Camp repairs were a near-daily task for Skyclan apprentices lately, the residing rogues certainly left the camp worse for wear, and leafbare was fast approaching. Being in the middle of it was a bit boring, admittedly, and Lupinepaw found herself wishing she had someone to chat with when the sound of paw steps conveniently approached. She smiled warmly at Falconpaw's arrival, interest piqued at the determined look on his face, "Oh, hi Falconpaw! What's up?"

• OOC:
  • lupine_fullbodyy.png
  • lupinekit . lupinepaw
    — trans she/her. 7mo apprentice of skyclan
    — tall, long-haired black smoke with low white and green eyes
    — smells like sweet lupine flowers and young pine needles
    "speech", thoughts, attack
    — icon by saturnid, fullbody and chibi by nya
    — penned by eezy

STATUES AND EMPIRES✧°.☀ ————————————
Falconpaw's eyes found her figure against the walls of camp. He hadn't really been all present when the rogues attack, so seeing the patches in the wall still surprised him here or there. He huffed gently as he scanned it, coming to a stop next to her- nearly touching her pelt, but not quite close enough. His eyes traveled up, down, then around the length of camp while he spoke, his tail twitching gently. "Hi, Lupinepaw." He said, and when his vision came all the way around, he looked back towards her.

"I just uh-... " He paused, staring at her for a long moment before his throat was clearing. Her gaze was expectant, and he inhaled deeply. He put a smile on his face that soon grew true, trying to relax himself. What is this, nerves? "I just wanted to see how you were doing. You holding up okay?" He asked, deciding that brief kindness was the easiest route to start. He'd go from there, he decided. Falconpaw wasn't very sure on what he was doing anyways, but it felt right, so he wasn't going to stop here.

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ ALL AT YOUR PAWS

❀‿ Looking at Falconpaw face-to-face, Lupinepaw would realize how silly it was to credit his survival to the vague, nebulous powers of fate. Falconpaw was alive because the journeying cats had braved the wild world beyond to bring him a cure, and because he had the tenacity within him to hold his own in his moons-long battle against yellowcough. Still, she had prayed beneath her breath every day for his—and others...—continued survival, and knew that she hadn't the self-conceit to stand with all of her paws down upon her theories of fate's omnipotence (or lack thereof). So, she would continue to pray. What she had learned, however, was that it was action, not prayer, that led the two of them to be able to sit closely and chat together so easily today.

Lupinepaw smiled indulgently as he searched for the words he intended to share, and couldn't help but giggle when he asked if she was doing okay, "I should be asking you that!" She tilted her head in mock-appraisal at his state, "You're looking much better, though, by the way." An exercise in decisiveness, she thinks, leads her to tap her forepaw to his, "You don't have to worry about me, though, I'm holding up just fine." Lupinepaw purred, sparkling beneath his overt concern for her, but feeling sheepish nonetheless.

"Wellll, my friend~" she sing-songed softly, "If you only came over to see how I was doing... I'll be doing much better once I finish this wall. Here, grab this please," Lupinepaw nudged over a bramble branch toward him, determined to finish her chore so she didn't have to split her attention anymore.

• OOC:
  • lupine_fullbodyy.png
  • lupinekit . lupinepaw
    — trans she/her. 7mo apprentice of skyclan
    — tall, long-haired black smoke with low white and green eyes
    — smells like sweet lupine flowers and young pine needles
    "speech", thoughts, attack
    — icon by saturnid, fullbody and chibi by nya
    — penned by eezy