sensitive topics PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME // death

Every single day he was visiting the medicine cat den, every single day he was doing everything he could to keep himself together while clinging desperately to that hope that Rosepaw would wake up. That any day now he would open his eyes before his body withered itself away. That was all he could think about while being stuck in his daily loop. Hunt,patrol,visit the medicine den, hunt, patrol, visit again. Hunt,patrol,visit. It felt like he was reliving the same day over and over again and he was so tired. He hadn't been sleeping properly for days. Leechpaw had barely even eaten to stressed and worried for his friend life. During this moments of repeating the loop over and over again his thoughts where always somewhere else. He keept on thinking back on the old days before the hawk attack, before the fight. Just the two of them spending time together and how he always listened when Rosepaw talked about his flowers and stars. How much he had shined when talking about his passions in life. He wished....he just wanted to go back to this times again. So why couldn't starclan answer his prayers for?.

It was in the middle of the day, most was out or spending time in camp. Leechpaw however had just returned back from another patrol as he dragged his tired legs back. He was half asleep as he pulled himself forward dragging his tired self to the medicine den once more to head inside to check on his friend. " Lee?." Leechpaw's head for up as he glanced over towards where Rosepaw was laying and he could have sworn he for a second there had seen his friend seating up before that vision just had faded away. All he saw was the same Rosepaw laying in his nest unmoving like always. He most have imagine it all. Perhaps some sleep might do him some good. Wait a minute. Something felt a bit...of didn't it?.

Leechpaw stood there for a moment until he felt something sickening inside of his stomach. Something was wrong...there was something that didn't stood right here. Rosepaw's body...was it suppose to be that...still?. He shook his head as he took some few steps closer trying to clear his vision but as he got closer this uneasy feeling just contunied on to grow. He stopt before them and stared down on the other apprentice unmoving body. Wait, why wasn't his stomach moving for?. It should move up and down, right?. Leechpaw swollowed hard before he shakely lifted a paw up to touch his friend side and...he felt nothing.

No, no,no,no. This was not right, this couldn't be true!. Leechpaw stared as his thoughts started to spin in a million of directions. " Hey..Rose...open your eyes...it's time to wake up...?" He moved his friend lifeless body slightly, standing there in a moment of shook until it all started to sink in and oh, the emotions it came crashing down like a wave to knock him under to overwhelm him. " No,no,no, this can't be happening, Rose!." His breathing started to increase, his pupils growing small with horror. " Help!...help!. Rose...Rose isn't....he isn't..." breathing. He couldn't finish the sentence. He did not wish to!. Realising what this meant, that he had just lost. It was like all strenght he had been clinging on to left him. That hope he had been so desperately clinging to...it all got shattered right there in front of his eyes.

Leechpaw fell right by his friend side and he started to cry as he brought Rosepawäs body close to him so he could bury his face into thier fur...and he just broke out sobbing and crying.
" Rose please no....come back.. please come back i...i still need you!." cried into thier fur, begging them to come back to him. There was so much more they needed to do together. They had promised to become warriors together, to experience leaf-bare for the first time together. I will always be there for you. He had promised that he would never leave him!. " You...promised me...you promised you wouldn't leave me alone!..." he buried his face even more into thier fur. I haven't even gotten a chance to apologize to you yet!. For what he had said to them. " I...i didn't mean it...you have never suffocate me...so...please...just please come back...just...come back to me..." His words got choked down by his own sobs. There was nothing to do. Rosepaw was gone, he was no longer here with them.

All Leechpaw could do was cry and hold on to them tightly refusing to let them go.

• Sad
  • Crying
Reactions: AVA and Marquette

He was helpless to do anything. Even Honeytwist didn't know how to wake the sleeping apprentice despite their frantic efforts to heal the injuries they could not heal the mind; whatever kept Rosepaw deeply slumbering was out of their paws. Dandelionpaw wanted nothing more than to shake the red tabby until he was roused, shout at him to get up because they had so much to live for and so many things to do. They were not far from being a warrior, he missed the idyllic days of being a young apprentice slacking in their duties and making flower crowns, he wished he'd been able to make them as neatly and beautiful as the rose-colored tom's efforts were.

He had been sent to fetch wet moss, it was all they could really even do to keep the sleeping tom going at this point. The sepia apprentice wished frantically to StarClan each night that something would change, something would give, that Rosepaw would wake up and ask what happened and he could thank the other for trying to help him when the hawk had so violently pinned him to the floor. The young tom was not even halfway to the medicine cat den when he heard the screaming, frantic and high-desperate and demanding; a voice he had not been prepared to hear crying out so agonizingly and he knew the only thing that would cause it was...

Moss was discarded, dropped and trampled as he rushed forward as swiftly as his long legs could carry him, chocolate and biege form a blur of motion through the camp and he didn't care what cat he bumped into or knocked over in his panicked race into the medicine cat den with both mismatched eyes wide and tearing up. No-no-no-no, it wasn't...it couldn't be...

The brown-limbed apprentice stood rigidly still, the world seemed to stop moving around him for but a moment. He became highly attuned to and aware of every hair rising on end on his body, the pressure of his paws digging into the earth and curved ebony crescents extending to grip it tight and hold him in place; as if to loosen his claws would send him sliding off into the sky like a hawk was carrying him away.

Even at a glance he could see there was nothing to be done, no reason for him to push and prod the limp red tabby for any last lingering trace of life that clung tight to him; he was gone. He was gone and he wasn't coming back. Rosepaw would never get to sit in the sun, in the flower fields again, he'd never get to be made a warrior with Leechpaw, he would never get to see the rise and shine of the dark apprentice overcoming himself which Dandelionpaw knew he'd be able to in time. Instead he had become a weighted anchor with a rope so long it seemed to extend to ever cat it touched. That the grief was so heavy in the den that he might suffocate on it then and there.

Dandelionpaw forced his limbs to carry himself forward, paused for a moment next to the two apprentice pair that he had considered friends and now only one of them remained behind; with a careful tuck of his legs he settled down next to Leechpaw, put his head outstretched on the other's back and buried his face in black fur to cry; because words would do neither of them any good now. He wanted to say so many things, to say goodbye, to apologize, to tell his friend he was there for him, but he had bundled all of the unspoken things inside him into one final dry heaving sob of "I'm sorry." into the black cat's pelt.

Fretting over her apprentice wasn’t going to help in any way, she had told herself that many times.
However, that did not stop her subtle drop-by’s and check-ins, or the conveniently placed prey she happened to leave by the medicine den for him.
She remained hopeful for the young Rosepaw, someone she could tell Leechpaw loved dearly.
His cries for help interrupt whatever busy-work the calico had been doing, the turn on her heel is instant as she rushes in after Dandelionpaw.
Grief, anguish, the sobs that racked through Leechpaw’s body. She didn’t have to piece the scene together to know what was going on. "No…" she breathed softly, hearing the thumps of an NPC from behind her she snapped around quickly, "Get… get… I don’t know- someone!" She snapped in their direction, before making her way over to her apprentice, dropping to her knee’s on Leechpaw’s other flank, soft mumbles of comfort would leave her maw, a soft prayer for Rosepaw’s trek to Starclan. Dandelionpaw’s sob from nearby was almost too much to bear, but Echolight swept her feathery tail over Leechpaw, and by extension Dandelionpaw. "Deep breaths dears, deep breaths now" she whispered, delicately aiming to touch her nose against Leechpaw’s temple. Grief was something still somewhat unknown to her, but sympathy was not.
"Speech."
[ WHAT A TIME ]

COLDPAW-1.png
IM SCARED TO GET CLOSE AND I HATE BEING ALONE
I LONG FOR THE FEELING TO NOT FEEL AT ALL
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

Get someone? There was nobody to get. Honeytwist was done with healing and even if she hadn't of been there was nothing she could do to bring the dead back. And so instead, the NPC went running to the first warrior they saw: Coldsnap. The large gray tabby had stood there, unmoving, as the panicked NPCs went stumbling over their own words, until at last they managed to paint the picture for him.

Rosepaw was dead.

The words didn't sound right in his head no matter how many times he mentally repeated them, refusing to take root into anything meaningful despite that twisting feeling spreading throughout his stomach. "Go inform Sootstar." he said blankly as he turned from the NPC and began to make his way to the medicine cats den. The sounds of crying met him as he reached the entryway, and he paused at the threshold, unable to enter as the springs of his self control coiled tightly in his chest, threatening to snap in his face at the sound of Leech's desperate begging and Dandelions quiet sobs of apology. Coldsnap had never considered himself a coward, but for the first time in his life he was swept up in the childish notion of wanting to just run away. He didn't want to see it, didn't want to accept the truth. If he didn't, maybe he could tell himself that it wasn't real and that Rosepaw was still fine. He could live in ignorance just a little longer.

He pushed through the entrance of the den, unable to entertain such thoughts any longer. Rosepaw was dead, and as if to spite himself his paws moved on their own accord. Standing just inside the doorway, the scene was impossible for yellow eyes to miss. Leechpaw was clinging to the still, quiet body of his friend, trying his best to pour out his heart to a pair of ears that could no longer hear him. It was too late, and that thought made something wrench painfully inside of him. Because it wasn't just Leech who was too late, and it was only in that moment that Coldsnap realized how much he'd left unsaid between them. Even if he didn't know exactly which words they were, he couldn't sense them and their grief, because Rosepaw had deserved more than what he'd ben given in life. He deserved more than a family that didn't appreciate him and friends that were so fucking emotionally warped that they'd never been able to tell him how much they appreciated him. Deserved more than dying at the talons of some fucking bird before he'd ever gotten the chance to become a warrior.

Cold didn't realize his claws had become unsheathed, didn't realize how tense the muscles in his legs had become or rigid his shoulders were. He didn't realize he was desperately trying to swallow back a lump in his throat either, not until he opened his mouth to speak and found his mouth was too dry, his words failing him. Only then did he realize what was happening to him, that grief had managed to curl its claws around him and squeeze, and he quickly cleared his throat to try and shake it off. Not here. Not now. "Let me know when it's time. I'll be outside." he said after a moment, grateful for the steadiness in his voice. He'd carried the last cat to the graves for Dandelionpaw, it felt right that he should help with Rosepaw, too.

Without another word he turned and slipped from the den, posting up outside so that he wouldn't be in the way of the other cats that were bound to come to say their goodbyes. He needed some air.

[/justify]

windclan warrior - male - 9 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes