please remind me - thunderclan patrol

Unlike the last patrol he had led, at least with this one Flycatcher actually knew where he was going. There would be no detour that took half a day this time. The lands that were SkyClan had been his home once upon a time, for those few weeks he and his family had lived with Rain's group.

Flycatcher lead the group calmly along their borderline, instructing them to mark certain areas by gesturing with his head. He of course also played his part, but his main focus was on his apprentice and watching the trees and bushes for signs of SkyClan cats. Usually, they kept interactions to a minimum, words of greeting and asking after the opposing clan being the usual topic of conversation. However, after Meadowflame's patrol had returned, bringing with it news of a SkyClan scent picked up on their territory, Howling Wind had asked Flycatcher and his patrol to confront any SkyClan cats about what they knew. For all Flycatcher knew it could easily have been an innocent mistake from a newly named apprentice fresh out of the nursery, but it was good to keep on top of things.

"Be mindful of where you go from here," Flycatcher advised Rabbitnose and Hollow Tree. "I know we have our orders but lets not overstep or antagonise the SkyClan cats."

@Hollow Tree @Rabbitnose @. Roepaw . / feel free to post before the thunderclan cats but please don't swamp the thread before they've had a chance to post <3

The last thing he wanted to do was make enemies, so Flycatcher didn't have to worry about him there. He strode along with a chipper attitude, leaving his marks where he was asked to, and went on his merry way.

He hoped nothing terrible would happen with the scent they found, but...They we're friends with Skyclan, right? He wasn't sure why it mattered if they stepped in their territory.

He was still adjusting to clan life, it seemed, having been a loner most of his life.

"I'll be on my best behavior!" He said. He was generally a friendly cat, he didn't like getting mad, or sad. You didn't have to worry about him in terms of conversation.

𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝐼 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒

"Well Well, looks like we've got some visitors, Snowpaw." Deersong would coo softly to her apprentice from where they were perched on a tree branch above. The Lead warrior had been teaching her ward the art of leaping from tree limb to tree limb whilst they were on patrol when they spotted the Thunderclanners down below.

With a flick of her half-tail, the cream and mocha molly would climb down the tree and land before the oak forest dwellers with a barely audible thump. "What it is, Thunderclanners." The ethereal molly would greet with a half-lidded gaze of content. Her head would tilt in her usual ditzy fashion and she would lightly brush her tail against Snowpaw as an encouragement to introduce himself as well as remember their scents and faces, "The names' Deersong, Lead warrior of Skyclan. I assume all is sound as a pound under your oaks?"

//
@Snowpaw

I TOLD YOU ONCE, I CAN'T DO THIS AGAIN

Where her mentor was, Roepaw seemed to be not too far behind these days. Trying her best to keep in pace with the rest of the patrol, her strides were long and her stance was proud, she was already beginning to feel like a real apprentice, despite her small size. Cinnamon flecked ears perked as Flycatcher began to speak, hanging onto every word the warrior said. Roepaw had been trying to keep her overzealous habits to a minimum, but she couldn’t stop her eyes widening in awe as she gazed at her surroundings. In this moment she doesn’t think she could ever get used to how big their territory was, how many hidden places she still had yet to explore.
Abruptly she was stopped in her tracks by a mysterious coo from above her, confused and slightly frightened, she tilted her face skyward, curiously searching for the hidden voice.
Thump!
In a blink, there was a cat in front of them, their scent reeking of pine sap.
The names Deersong.
"Woah! That was so cool… my names Roepaw" the apprentice greeted after taking a moment to be stunned.
"speech."

Reactions: ~Deersong~

Sharpeye blinked slowly as he waded out of the undergrowth, burrs clinging to his unkept pelt. So ThunderClan had a patrol swinging by? Good, good. It wasn't like he had any issues with their neighbours, in fact he didn't really mind them at all. The weary tom came to stand near Deersong and their apprentice after they came down to the forest floor, and he offered a greeting to the passing patrol with a wave of his tail. "I'm Sharpeye. Guessing you're enjoying your first patrol then?" He introduced whilst pitching his inquiry towards Roepaw. Surely anyone that excited about a patrol was new to the whole affair, but good for them if it was their sort of thing.

Reactions: ~Deersong~

He is pleased to know his clanmates are abiding by the rules, not that he had expected anything different from them. They were a good bunch of cats and he knew and trusted them well enough to know they wouldn't cause trouble. They aren't kept waiting long before SkyClan makes their appearance. A sound above him makes Flycatcher lift his head, and he looks up to see Deersong and her apprentice descending from the branches. He looks at them with an approving nod, admiring their impressive climbing skills.

He chuckles in amusement at Roepaw's excited comments and remark from Sharpeye about her enthusiasm. "ThunderClan fares well thank you. I trust SkyClan is also doing well?" He mews to Deersong. "We are simply here to mark the borders and ask a little question of you." The blue tabby lifts his head a little and tries his best to keep a calm composure, not wanting to seem rude or confrontational with the question he is about to ask. "One of our dawn patrols reported picking up a SkyClan scent in our territory between the pine forest and fourtrees. Now, we are not accusing you of anything, we just simply want to know if you know anything about why we might have found your scent on our territory. Of course, mistakes can easily be made, so I don't want to jump to any conclusions."

" Hello, Skyclan! Looking as good as ever, I see!" He greeted with a friendly grin. All is indeed sound in our forest." He added, answering Deersongs question.

He looked to Flycatcher to handle the important business. He knew he would muck it up somehow, so he simply kept his friendly smile and cheerful demeanor.

Sharpeye seemed to waken a little more as an inquiry was posed by Flycatcher regarding a SkyClan scent being picked up on their territory. The surprise was evident on his face and he glanced over at Deersong as if expecting her to have some form of answer. "This is most unusual. I can't think as to why a SkyClanner would be out that way. Though I'm sure we can ask around or bring it up at our next meeting. We'll be sure to let Blazestar know." He wished he could offer something more, but he knew that he couldn't promise something that he couldn't keep. But he was genuinely curious about the truth behind the mystery.

Reactions: Flycatcher
𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝐼 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒

Deersong would offer Roepaw a warm smile before Flycatchers' voice spoke and she turned her attention to the older warrior. A soft frown of concern would form on her maw at the Thunderclanner's words and she would nod along as Sharpeye spoke up first.

"I, too, haven't heard anything about this. But as Sharpeye said, we'll be sure to let Blazestar and Daisyflight know. The last thing we want is bad blood between our clans." Her mind flashed to Little Wolf's visit, how brightly her leaders' colors had been that day and the molly would hate for the two clans to come to bad terms and put the family at risk. She would Swish her tail as she smiled once more and tilted her head.

"Do you think Emberstar will want to talk to Blazestar about this?"

It seemed that SkyClan were just as confused by the scent as ThunderClan was. Whilst it was true they could have been lying, Flycatcher had no reason to doubt otherwise and their reactions seemed genuine enough. "Indeed, that is the last thing we want," Flycatcher agreed, when Deersong mentioned about wanting to avoid bad blood between the clans.

At her following question, Flycatcher had to take a moment. "I would not be able to say for certain," He admitted. "We only just discovered the scent today so I do not know if she's had much time to mull it over. Though I suppose if she or Howling Wind intended to speak with Blazestar they likely would have tagged along with us."

Someone making problems for them and their buddy clan? How obnoxious, he wondered who might be so stupid as to risk such fragile alliances. While their leader had a ThunderClan mate, that certainly didn't mean they were going to be pals forever and this certainly made it a little more tricky to maintain.
The blue tom strode alongside Deersong but held his tongue for the most part, he didn't care to idle chitchat because he was much too distracted with the sky above; crisp and clean and rolling clouds like soft down that stuck their despite the weighted look to them. He was wondering if he could become a cloud someday, drift carelessly above all the nonsense on the ground and the foolishness of mortal kind. Oh, to be a towering soft collosus that looked down on the world. He hummed in amusement to himself and sat down, content to let the rest of the clan chat up their neighbors but not too interested in it himself.