private Please Spread These Words Forever || Honeysplash & Howlfire || Storyteller

Chickbloom

Cheeto-Dusted and Sopping Wet
Dec 16, 2023

For a daylight warrior, Eggshell had a surprising amount of free time in his day-to-day life. Sure, most of his time in Skyclan was spent trying to hone nonexistent hunting skills, but screaming muscles could only be strained so far before the boy needed a break. He felt guilty, obviously. The skittish Scottish Fold wanted to contribute to the clan, but tenacity couldn’t make up for a lack of technique.

Would he be kicked out? Eggshell still hadn’t added to the prey pile in all his time here, how long till Orangestar decided to end the spineless whelp’s charade? Sitting in camp, the coward felt his heart begin to race with anxiety. Claws flexed in and out of soft earth, a butter-stained tail smacked against the ground again and again, he needed to take his mind off this.

If Eggshell had plenty of free time in Skyclan, at home it was practically unlimited. With his twolegs almost never around, the whelp had to find ways to occupy himself. Recently, the tomcat had taken to playing with a ball of yarn he’d found among their possessions. The way it wrapped around his claws, the feeling of weaving it together…it was therapeutic, sort of.

There was no yarn in Skyclan, and Eggshell would likely die of embarrassment if he dragged his all the way out here, but perhaps there was a substitute? Constantly-trembling claws plucked a few flowers and blades of grass from the ground, clumsily trying to tie them together. The feeling wasn’t the same, but it was close enough. Even as Eggshell failed in his attempts, he felt himself calm down just a little bit.

Amber eyes were so focused on his work that the whelp wasn’t aware of the two approaching until they were practically right on top of him. “O-Oh!” The boy yelped in surprise, attempting to brush away his little project. “S-Sorry. Is there - is there anything you n-need?”
// @Honeysplash @Howlfire

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- What was he doing? Honeysplash had been laying by the edge of camp, quietly cat watching her clan mates and wondering what goes on in their lives when someone picked up her attention. The young warrior furrowed their brow as they watched Eggshell, a daylight warrior if she remembered correctly, was picking at the grass. He was going to make the ground bald if he kept that up but she couldnt help but wonder why. Was something wrong? She glance around for a moment before pushing herself up onto her paws.

The cream and white warrior scooped up a small mouse from the pile in the meantime, and decided to try to befriend Eggshell. Honeysplash had always been friendly and tried to make friends with even the most prickly of cats. Though lately she had been avoiding her clanmantes, or well not talking to them like she should. Her freedom day was soon and she was more than thrilled to start up patrols and hunting again, so it was only right to try to make friends right?

The young warrior though seemed to surprise Eggshell when they approached and she jumped slightly in place, her tail puffing out slightly, but she quickly calmed herself. His jumping made her jump and that felt silly. Honeysplash though smiled through mouse fur before setting down the prey, “I was wondering if you’d want share some prey and talk?” She asked meekly and flicked her tail- that sounded sillier out loud then in her head.

• SPEECH
  • 831BEB81-73F8-4BD8-B5FB-C3A0729EEC4F.png
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 24 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Like Honeysplash, Howlfire found her attention on the young Eggshell. She knew the daylight warrior in passing only, having only shared a few polite words, but didn't know him to be a bad cat.

The young tom had been sat by himself, wearing an expression that could only be described as pure nerves. Howlfire felt quietly bad for him, wondering if he was keeping to himself of his own regard, or if some of their more anti-kittypet clanmates had shunned him. Either way, Howlfire rose to her paws and padded over to speak with him, determined to see if she could try and pry some conversation out of him. Clearly, she was not the only one, as she spotted Honeysplash approaching too, a small mouse carried in her mouth as a peace offering of sorts. Joining up with Honeysplash, she gave the other warrior a small smile before they both approached Eggshell. Howlfire hadn't noticed him trying to tie bits of flowers and grass together, and it seemed as though Eggshell had been so engrossed. "Can I join too?" Howlfire asked, looking between the two. Her amber eyes then glanced down at Eggshell's previous work. "You know, with some practice, you'd probably make a good weaver!"

They were like vultures circling for the kill. Kind, caring vultures with friendly smiles plastered across their faces, but Eggshell saw them as vultures nonetheless. As amber eyes took in the looming forms of Honeysplash and Howlfire, a butter-stained pelt seemed to shrink inwards as the whelp worried about taking up too much space and oxygen.

Honeysplash was the first to speak, her words dashed with a hint of the same wavering quality that Eggshell possessed in spoonfuls. “Oh. Uh-“ Immediately, an over-anxious mind went to work. The kittypet hardly ate clan food, too nervous about taking more than he’d given (which, so far, was nothing). However, now he was being offered some. Which was more rude: refusing a friendly meal outright, or accepting even though he hadn’t contributed to Skyclan?

“T-Thank you…” The skittish Scottish Fold stammered out after what felt like forever, motioning for Honeyspash to take a seat beside him. “I’m n-not sure what y-you would w-want to talk about, t-though..i’m - my life isn’t t-too interesting.” It was awkward, but true. Amber eyes searched the area, trying to find a conversation topic, eventually landing on the weeds he’d been toying with earlier.

It seemed Howlfire had the same idea, as her request and compliment rang out soon after. “Oh! Uh, of - of course.” Eggshell’s shaky response seemed more due to surprise than fear, for once. The boy wasn’t used to being complimented like that (or really, talked about at all) so it felt strange being spoken to so positively. “T-Thank you…I’m j-just messing with them t-though, I’m working on m-making one thing r-right now…”

Sheepishly, a yolk-drenched paw reached around and gingerly dragged over a half-formed ring of grass and weeds, with a small dandelion sticking out. “I thought - er - hoped t-that I could w-wear it around my l-leg or something, y-y’know, like a collar for Sk-Skyclan.” Eggshell didn’t say it aloud, but he hoped that once the creation was finished, it would be more comfortable than the strip of leather around his neck.

Amber eyes darted between the two. “I w-would appreciate some h-help…” Eggshell mumbled, voice barely over a whisper as asking for assistance took all his willpower.​

• Love
Reactions: wolfie