private POKE ME TO BATTLE > Sunstride

Sunstride sits in the dim lighting of her den, his fur warm where the sunlight touched. From her nest she basks in the shadows, her shoulders hunched and tail wrapped firmly around her paws. The sharp look in her eyes indicates to the deputy she was not in a fine mood this morning, why exactly? With her it could be anything, her mood seemed to change as quick as the wind blew these days.

After what felt like several moments of silence she speaks, ”We won’t be going to the gathering tonight.” she reveals. This would not be the first time Sootstar did not attend a gathering, but the first time she’s missed out on one intentionally. ”I will not waste my time squabbling with the clans. StarClan’s will be cursed, tonight we follow our own will.”
  • >> @SUNSTRIDE
  • » SootSootstar
    » WindClan Leader
    » She/her ․ Mate to Weaselclaw
    » Tiny blue smoke she-cat with green eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A high-stamina foe who can be difficult to hit.
    » Excels in quick, short moves.
    » Fights to kill and maim
    » Fatal attack of choice is an underbelly dive.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

✦  .   ˚ .   It will always be strange to sit amongst the shadows gathered in Sootstar’s den. WindClan thrives beneath the open sky– for all that she had made this place to be, for all that she had meant it to be, it will never not be strange to see her here. Once he had found this den comforting. To be here, a sign of trust. It had been before Weaselclaw’s death. In that, the darkness had crept across Sootstar. He could hardly blame her for this. Whatever it was that struck a chord with her this morning…its root would always be in her loss. Sunstride would be much the same, he thinks. Yet the sympathy he feels for their smoke-furred leader does not cover all that she has done.

He looks to her now with his brow subtly furrowed. Worry, but for her or for his clan he could not begin to know. "Sootstar–" the warrior begins in protest, but smooths it out shortly. "Whatever StarClan may think or say, it is not them alone you would forsake. The other clans will think it weakness, not strength. With Highstones…" He hesitates. "I do not think its best to not be united in this."
EpC61GT.png

• OOC.
  • ✦  .   ˚ .   FORMERLY SUNNVAR. HE - HIM - HIS OR THEY - THEM. DEPUTY OF WINDCLAN. 4 YEARS OLD. PENNED BY REVELATIONS.  —————————
    sunsquare2.png
    ——  a tall auburn tabby with thick fur and bright glacial eyes. sunstride is broad and bold– a creature standing above most of windclan, though not a beast beyond it, with fur that flames red and deepens to a burnt amber with every stripe. his eyes, in comparison, are a pale summer's blue, still as bold as the rest of them. he radiates confidence and self-assured authority.

✦ NPC x NPC. DECEASED MOTHER, ESTRANGED FATHER. NO LITTERMATES. MATE TO WOLFSONG. FATHER TO BEARKIT, SINGEDKIT, RIVEKIT, SUNLITKIT, AND FEATHERKIT ——
  • "speech"

Her tail lashes in impatience with Sunstride’s disagreement. Did he not understand she thought little of what the other clans thought anymore? She feels like she’s spent moons tip toeing around them… keeping them from detesting WindClan too much. Well… it’s worked little, it’s gotten WindClan nowhere. From now on she would only focus on WindClan and WindClan alone.

”I care not whether the other clans find it ‘weak’. Whether they scoff on the Great Rock that the mad Sootstar can’t face the clans and take me for a she-cat who hides I do not care.” Her nose wrinkles, ”But if you insist that I’m making a bad call Sunstride, why don’t you lead WindClan to the gathering tonight?”

There is almost a poisonous look behind her eyes. You see what its like to stand in my place, you try to get the clans to listen to you without throwing insults, threatening attack and all the more. Then come back and tell me how vital it is WindClan shows.” She cannot imagine the rosette tom will have a good time, perhaps this expirence will teach him not to question her judgement on going to the gathering or not in the future. ”You’ll take Sootspots, Hollowcreek, Gooseberry, Harbingermoon, Honeybabder and Harrierstripe.” And not another cat, he could face them alone.
  • » SootSootstar
    » WindClan Leader
    » She/her ․ Mate to Weaselclaw
    » Tiny blue smoke she-cat with green eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A high-stamina foe who can be difficult to hit.
    » Excels in quick, short moves.
    » Fights to kill and maim
    » Fatal attack of choice is an underbelly dive.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing