private POMEGRANATE STAINS ✶ applepaw

Jul 10, 2023
ZHRTf1m.png
4d5460.png

gossip is the lifeblood in shadowclan's swampwater veins—in a clan perpetually wracked by famine, illness, and death, what else did one have to brighten their day? ghostpaw wouldn't be caught dead abstaining from it, of course, but she does so carefully, out of earshot of the warriors and the subjects of her gossip. so when she's coincidentally assigned to camp cleanup with applepaw, she gives the area a quick visual sweep before she starts talking. ghostpaw has been trying to integrate herself into applepaw's social circle, slowly but surely attempting to crowd out that sad lump of flesh she was calling her best friend.

"you hear ferndance's expecting kits?" she begins rather bluntly, but it seems rather deserved—what poor sap had sired those unfortunate little souls? ferndance had been demoted for being too silly, for starclan's sake, could someone's standards sink any lower? "i wonder whose they are.....and why the sire hasn't stepped up?" ghostpaw raises her eyebrows in surprise that is only partially faux, adding, "it's practically leaf-bare, anyways. what was she thinking?"

4d5460.png

• @APPLEPAW !!
  • MHdMCtb.png
    ghostpaw ; apprentice of shadowclan
    x. she/her ; 6 moons ; tags
    x. slender black she-cat with white mask & pants and dark blue-black eyes
    x. played by dejavu
    x. daughter of starlingheart and granitepelt; sister to nettlepaw and flintpaw. apprentice to her aunt, lilacfur./quote]

Reactions: APPLEJAW
Ghostpaw is someone who Applepaw has come to mind less and less. An inherent strangeness had crawled after her, being the kit of someone Applepaw had once disdained. But it would not be the first time Applepaw took to cats with less - than - honorable parents. Comfreypaw, with her utterly absurd mother comes to mind. While the status of Ghostpaw's father has only elevated with time, that of her mother has sharply declined. Applepaw could spend time with Ghostpaw fine, but Applepaw would never tell her she was glad her brother's life had been preserved over that of Applepaw's mother.

And it seemed another sorely unneeded litter was on its way, with Ferndance's reveal. She is all too willing to gossip as Ghostpaw pipes up. " I have, " she answers, and disapproval soaks deep into her tone. There was hardly anything else to talk about, besides how miserable they were. Ferndance's litter had the added benefit of being new. " Probably out of embarrassment. They are Ferndance's after all, " A sorry excuse for a warrior, and even sorrier of a former lead warrior. Applepaw scrunches her nose. " Which begs the question of why they even let it happen to begin with... "

Applepaw frowns at a patch of the warrior's den that needs repairing. She could certainly be doing more important things than this. " Clearly she wasn't thinking, or maybe the theory floating around isn't far off... " Something about Ferndance doing it on purpose so she could eat first. Honestly, Applepaw did not truly think she had the brainpower to come up with such a scheme, though, buried in her mind somewhere is a memory of Ferndance saying something unusually wise... Of course, she can't remember what it actually had been.

" Rosemire maybe? Sabletuft? " A theory suddenly comes to her then, and she finds herself snorting at the thought. " Maybe he was tired of being called a ThunderClan lover, and to offset the rumors he thought kits were the answer... " The two lead warriors that had rapidly fallen from grace— though Ferndance never had such to begin with. As far as she was concerned, it seemed a fine match.
EpC61GT.png

• 3nWNDUv.png

• ( CAUSE I FEEL LIKE I'M THE WORST, SO I ALWAYS ACT LIKE I'M THE BEST ) APPLEPAW. apprentice of shadowclan. eldest sister to swanpaw, ashenpaw, and garlicpaw. ( + birdkit, halfkit & tanglekit )
    —— she / her; confused by the use of others.
    —— currently 8 moons old as of 11.17.23. ages every 17th.

longhaired blue torbie with a white chest, paws, and underbelly. A young cat you would describe as " bossy, " Applekit is quick to take charge of any situation she sees herself as the probable head of. A rule - follower to a T, and thinks herself better than the majority of her clan for this. Not ignorant enough to think herself above a warrior, but seeks to gain that status as quickly as possible. Intensely self - motivated to be the best in a mixture of blind, childish desire, and never wanting to be afraid of anything ever again.