PRETENDING THIS IS HOME || Meeting 10.14.22

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

The Gathering was pending, and Blazestar feels his fur prickle with unease when he thinks about facing the other leaders again. Briarstar in particular had only told him she'd consider his concerns about WindClan -- would she have turned against him? Or would the spiky-furred black she-cat come to reason?

He almost decides to hold off on this particular meeting. The two kits, the refugees from WindClan, are due for apprentice ceremonies, and although he knows they'll want to go, he ponders the prudence of that.

But SkyClan needs more warriors, and like it or not, Coyotekit and Mossykit are ready to begin training. It's time.

The flame point ascends the Highbranch, dark eyes flitting over the cats as they materialize. "SkyClan! All cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highbranch." He spots the pale pelt of one of the apprentices in question, and his throat threatens to close.

No. He finds Thistleback's silvery eyes in the crowd, gives him a small nod. "Coyotekit, from this day forward, until you earn your warrior name, you will be known as Coyotepaw." He looks at the young tomcat. "Until that day comes, you will train under Thistleback. Thistleback, I expect you to teach all you know to this young cat." Hopefully instill some loyalty, he thinks nervously, waiting for the two to touch noses.

The kit's sister. "Mossykit, from this day forward, until you earn your warrior name, you will be known as Mossypaw. Your mentor will be Quietwind." He finds the NPC warrior in the crowd and nods his head toward them. "Quietwind, I expect you to teach all you know to this young kit."

Next, the two loner kits who'd come together. A troublesome pair, but one he didn't have to worry about split loyalties with. Blazestar continues, "Jackal, from this day forward, you will be known as Scarabpaw. Your mentor will be Totoro." He waits for the two to touch noses. "Totoro, I expect you to teach all you know to young Scarabpaw."

His companion is next. Blazestar inclines his head toward her. "From this day forward, you will be known as Sagepaw. Your mentor will be Tawnyfeather." The two will touch noses before Blazestar says, "Tawnyfeather, I expect you to teach all you know to Sagepaw."

Then, there are two cats who are without mentors now. Blazestar signals for Quillpaw and Cosmospaw to step forward. "Quillpaw, Sharpeye will take over your training. Sharpeye, I expect you to teach young Quillpaw well."

Finally, Cosmospaw. Blazestar frowns, remembering Vermilionsun's conflicted expression at the border. He says, "Cosmospaw, until the day comes for you to become a warrior, I will take over your training. You will train alongside Butterflypaw." He does not touch noses with the ginger-eared tom -- he's nearly warrior-aged, and spent much of his apprenticeship under another warrior. Blazestar instead searches for two cats ready to forsake their kittypet names and one ready for a Clan name.

"Steveheart, Skittles, Winter please step forward." He smiles, tail twitching as it hangs over the edge of the Highbranch.

@jackal @sprout @Coyotekit @mossystone @Quillpaw @COSMOSPAW @ThistleBack @Sharpeye @TOTORO @STEVEHEART @SKITTLES @Winter

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't apologize for being who I am
Today would be the day, he was finally old enough to become an apprentice and excitement buzzed within the young cream colored tom. Barely containing his enthusiasm, Coyotekit made his way over as several other cats gathered beneath high branch. Mint green eyes pan skyward to land upon Blazestar a triumphant toothy grin coating his maw as he heard the words. "Coyotekit, from this day forward, until you earn your warrior name, you will be known as Coyotepaw." He was finally an apprentice. Pride swelled within the boy as he looked around expectantly for the one that would train him, secretly hoping for someone that did not dislike him. "you will train under Thistleback." The declaration sent a surge of relief and joy through the spotted tabby as he wasted no time trotting over to the piebald daylight warrior. "Yes!" He exclaimed as he finally stopped before his new mentor. Outstretching his neck Coyotepaw aimed to touch noses with the spiky furred male before taking a seat upon the ground. "I'm so lucky, Blazestar gave me the best mentor ever!" Thistleback was brave, strong, witty and more. Surely starclan was looking down upon him and favoring him this day. Today was certainly the best in his young life thus far.
Tryna throw shade on me say a lot 'bout you

dc1bd52-a941e8f1-7483-4ed5-b2b8-7906810016d3.png

Leopardcloud watches from the nursery as her child is apprenticed, tears shimmering in emerald orbs. She wants to run to him, chase after him and tell him how much she loved him. How proud she was of him. There was a bitter realization in her mind, that this wasn't her son anymore- he was her brother, and she was slipping in that realization. She watches as he's paired with Thistleback, a rough-backed tom with good will. She waits for him to look over to her, giving him a proud smile.

Go, my little star. Be bigger, grow strong.

She feels a tear slip down her cheek then, quickly wiping it away with a paw before beginning to chant out the young apprentice's new name.

"Coyotepaw! Coyotepaw!"

The call for a meeting surprises him, and the tom jolts uptight from where he’s been lying on his side in the grass. It’s only the second meeting he’s experienced since joining the clan as a daylight warrior, and he’s already preparing to join SkyClan as a full-time warrior. Living and sleeping out in the open air sounds much less cozy than he’s used to, but at the same time he’s excited not to have to make the trek all the way back to the twolegplace. He smiles and cheers as the apprentice ceremonies are announced, and straightens up when his name is called. He knows what’s coming, but still he feels jittery with anticipation. Just as the leader asks, he takes a step forward; his paws don’t settle, but tap against the ground as he stares wide-eyed up at Blazestar.
[ MY HEAD’S IN THE CLOUDS ]

The snow-furred tom settles himself among the rest of SkyClan's members. Sky-hued eyes are wary as he looks up at the Highbranch, as he stares at Rain's successor.

He'd rather be hidden away in the apprentice den, curled up in his nest, deep in slumber as he attempts to forget his brief reunion with his former mentor. As he attempts to forget his replacement staring back at him.

But, he's called to the meeting, so to the meeting Cosmospaw goes.

He tries to listen to names that blur through his mind - that lack faces to connect to them - as they shift and change from kit names to paw names. Cosmospaw almost zones out, almost misses SkyClan's leader motioning for him to come forward. The cloudy apprentice blinks in confusion but steps forward.

It... It wasn't time for him to become a warrior already, was it? He... He wasn't ready!

He glances at the other cat that was beckoned forward. Younger than him, he thinks. It can't be warrior ceremonies, right?

Thank the stars, it ends up being something else. Though, Cosmospaw finds an ounce of embarrassment in him, as the new leader says he's taking over his mentoring. Three mentors. Three. Stars forbid, something happens and he gets a fourth.

However, the flame-point wouldn't just... leave, would he? He had a clan to lead. He couldn't just... leave. Not like his first mentor. Not like his brother. No, he - Blazestar, he reminds himself, This is Blazestar. - Blazestar had to stay. And, he had someone to train with, too. The deputy's kid. The older one.

"O-Okay," he says, a bow of his head in acknowledgment. Maybe this would be okay.

Hearing the call to attend a meeting always stirs a level of excitement within the tom. There is always something happening, always something to look forward to. Gently he pushes @watson to get him up before he bounds off to settle within the group of cats already there. And wow there are a lot of new apprentices. Some getting new mentors and some a change of pace. A smile lights the cream colored tom's maw as he nods a bit too vigorously. He knows they will do great. Everyone in Skyclan does well in his own mind. With that comes his own voice rising to chant these names and lift them up. Even if he is not known by these kits now apprentices he is proud of them.

Next he finds himself blinking and staring up at Blazestar. His tail quivers behind him and he has to snap himself out of it. "Oh, yeah, right." He's never been in front of a crowd befoee and so this makes him really nervous. He can't even look at the leader now as he makes his way up front where he sits down and curls his tail against his paws.

He has yet to attend a gathering. He supposes that this is a fair call on Blazestar's point, probably one of the more sensible things he had done. The last couple of times, his emotions had been raw, unbridled. He had just lost a father, a brother, and though his claws are itching to dig into the pelts of both Cicadastar and Sootstar, he now also knows that doing so at a gathering would not be a great idea. He may even be able to restrain himself. And who knew? Now that he was a lead warrior perhaps Blazestar would decide he could come along. Although on another paw, he did not mind staying behind and guarding the camp.

He only really half listens to the meeting, his thoughts elsewhere as his leader announces apprentices and mentors and new warriors, too lost in thought to really pay attention but hey, at least he was there physically.

Churro is called forth by the call of Blazestar- geez, was it already meeting time? The fawn colored cat pads forth, swishing her tail back and forth lazily as she spots Red within the crowd. She hurries to get besides his side before anyone else, sending a sharp look to anyone who she had almost tripped over. She sits besides him happily, curling her tail over her paws as she grins, something she cannot suppress when shes within his presence.

She thinks of Blazestars words, his advice, her cheeks heat up but she makes no move to brush the nervous butterflies away. It would be her secret, her secret only, kept by Blazestar. She attempts to brush her shoulder against his, eyes softening as she studies his far away look. Its only for a second until shes back to cheering for the new apprentices and their mentors, hoping they got the same excited feeling that she had when she had been assigned Greenpaw.
"speech"​

Thistleback one moon ago would’ve rather eaten his own tail off than be assigned a child to mentor. It was a fate worse than greencough, a fate worse than being burned alive and cast over a cactus.

Today, the piebald wonders with the amount of youths called under the branch, if he would have to swallow his distaste for the little vermin to do his duty as a Skyclan warrior. Coyotekit is called upon first, and before he could blink his question is answered. Instead of repulse, he felt suddenly fascinated and strangely, eager. Coyotepaw was different than the others, a curious bravery and boldness. A taste for vengeance, a brutal and honest loyalty. Thistleback dips his chin in approval to Blazestar’s order.

His frown morphs now, into a sharp jagged grin- one that could pass as either friendly or nefarious. One could never tell with the man- but a sudden ambition rippled in his soul. There was always doubt and whispers in the air when it always came to the Windclan refugees, now- he would take this one under his wing and teach it to fly. Coyotepaw looks excited, “ I’m so lucky, Blazestar gave me the best mentor ever! ” an even wider grin spreads on the warrior’s maw.

As the kid faces him, Thistleback tilts his skull-colored muzzle down to touch his nose to them. Healing wounds stinging lightly as he did, " I will make you the greatest warrior the likes of which this forest has never seen " he promises it like it were a speech before battle.

• — Thistleback | thirty moons | cis-male
    — daylight warrior of Skyclan
    — bisexual | fallen for Deersong 9.29.22
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes. Wears a purple collar with brass clasp.
  • bVBPWus.png

• Love
Reactions: Nazali

wait around, i'll smile again

The tabby, at first, isn't sure what's going on and is frankly in the mood to ignore it if it weren't for Skittles' prodding. Watson flashes a sour face then hauls himself up with a sigh to follow the crowd. Seeing their zombie leader on high sets the frown deeper but he still tries to pay attention. Some sort of... coming of age for the kits and Thistleback there seems okay now (the thought of the blood still makes the tom squirm, ugh). There's... new names for others? Watson briefly wonders if he could part with his own name but for now the idea seems preposterous. His collar and his title are all he has left to remember his upwalker by, there's no way he would just throw it away like that. His honied eyes are blinked back to the moment when Blazestar calls for Skittles and Watson bites his lip lightly in confusion and anticipation. Murmuring, "Take care..."

Reactions: Marquette
╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

Blazestar looks on with mixed feelings as Coyotepaw and Thistleback touch noses, their excitement palpable. He genuinely thinks they'll be a good pair, good for one another, and Thistleback is a loyal SkyClan warrior. Blazestar hopes he can inspire that same faith in Coyotepaw as they train together.

The flame point clears his throat, eyes shining as Steveheart, Skittles, and Winter step forward.

"Steveheart, you have chosen to leave your Twolegs behind and live with SkyClan as a full-time warrior. Your paws will no longer remain split between worlds, and your name should reflect that." There is no judgment in Blazestar's eyes, nor his tone. No daylight warrior is lesser in his eyes, but he understands the call of the wild, and he respects Steveheart's decision. "Skittles, you will receive a full warrior name so signify your transition into SkyClan. Winter, you will receive your daylight warrior name." He lifts his chin.

"I, Blazestar, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these cats. They have workked hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as warriors in their turn." He gazes at each cat as he continues, "Steveheart, Skittles, Winter, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

He waits for each cat to say "I do," and then he nods. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior names. Steveheart, from this moment on, you will be known as Snailheart. StarClan honors your commitment and your loyalty, and we welcome you as a full warrior of SkyClan.

"Skittles, from this moment on, you will be known as Finchthistle. StarClan honors your optimism and your courage, and we welcome you as a full warrior of SkyClan.

"Winter, from this moment on, you will be known as Winterwink. StarClan honors your wit and your bravery, and we welcome you as a daylight warrior of SkyClan."

He leaps from the Highbranch then so he can touch noses with each of his new warriors. His eyes pass over Watson's, face neutral. He hopes the other tom's decision to keep his loner name isn't indicative of him being uncomfortable in the Clan -- he thinks he should talk to the other cat privately and make sure that isn't the case.

After he touches noses to each cat, Blazestar further addresses his Clan. "The Gathering is tomorrow at moonhigh, as you all know. At the last one, SkyClan revealed WindClan's treachery. I imagine Sootstar has not forgotten this." His eyes darken. "Cicadastar and Briarstar told me they would consider my words. We shall see if they have. Be on alert. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for any signs of danger from WindClan. You never know what could happen with that Clan."

He flicks an ear, features softening. "For now, this meeting is dismissed."

@STEVEHEART @SKITTLES @winter

• Love
Reactions: ThistleBack