sensitive topics PRETTY LIES [🌼] one-shot, finding dad, injury

The cobblestone is cold and wet against cream paws. Snow that ceaselessly trailed down from the night sky didn't help with keeping Figpaw's feet warm either, but it was hardly a concern in the little girls mind. As she slips and weaves through twoleg objects and junk the only thought in her mind was "I can't believe I'm doing this!" and "I can't wait to meet him!". Figpaw was going to meet her dad.

Leaping up onto the narrow fence she once walked with her ma and siblings, her eyes scan for the spire in the distance. She's never been up close, ma wouldn't take them, but she was certain that with a general direction she could find her way through the maze. Regardless there was no turning back now... if she was going to get in trouble for sneaking out of camp and going to the twoleg place alone, it might as well be for a good reason! Luckily the moonlight and the faux light the twolegs lit up provided good enough visibility across the town, standing where her mother once did she fixates her eyes upon the place her mother dubbed "The Spire". That is where her father lurked, and that is where Figpaw would be in a matter of time.

It was more difficult than she expected, but sure enough the red tabby is moving swiftly through the twoleg place and nearing the spire with each passing second. The sound and scent of monsters terrifies her, but she pushes on and even manages to safely cross a thunderpath. It had been easy... you could see any monsters coming from fox-length away with their blinding yellow lights. There was no reason to fear so long as you paid attention, Figpaw thinks.

The spire was even bigger up close, it stands taller than most trees in SkyClan, taller than any tree she's ever climbed. A silly thought of attempting to climb it crosses her mind, it was clearly impossible, but surely... no other SkyClan cat has gotten that close to the sky before? She'd be a climbing legend, she thinks with glee. Blazestar would have to name Figpaw for her miraculous climbing abilities, maybe Figwing like Tallulah? Figleap? Figflight? Oh! Thoughts of her warrior ceremony were almost enough to distract her from her mission, finding her father!

With a twitching pink nose she begins to sniff. The scent of feline is most certainly here, at least a couple had brushed up against the spire within the day... Maybe one of them was her fathers? But how could she possibly tell?! Surely he wouldn't smell anything like ma or his children, who all smelled of pine sap and nettles. Figpaw frowns but is determined, she won't follow scents but maybe he isn't all that far from the spire? Almost aimlessly she walks around, looking behind pillars and twoleg statues and structures. She doesn't find her father, or any cat for that matter!

She does hear a voice.

It's enough for Figpaw to race towards it, peering out from behind a shrub two tom-cats sit on top of a wooden twoleg table. One is a red tabby, like Figpaw, and another is a tall and lanky black tabby, matching Daisyflight's description perfectly. Though Figpaw couldn't have picked a worst time to intrude on their conversation- yet at the same time it was as if StarClan wanted her to be here at this very moment. She needed to hear what she was about to hear, or her dreams and thoughts of a magnificent father would never cease.

Very dramatically and over the top, the black furred tom laughs in his tabby friend's face, "Aha! Children? I'd sooner throw them to a monster, disgusting little pests. Me? A father...? Honestly..." His words fade to nothing in the litte girl's head. The amount of pressure that instantly forms in Figpaw's head is immeasurable, she feels as if her brain might completely burst in overwhelming emotion. What was it she felt? Anger? Sorrow? Grief? Guilt? Embarrassment? All five? Whatever she was feeling her paws began to move themself, and it wasn't in the direction of her father, it was to get far, far away from him.

And not once did his amber eyes ever meet his daughter's

Was it the cold wind that stung, or were the tears that burned in her eyes true? Figpaw is confused, she never knew this tom existed merely sunrises ago, yet she felt so much care and admiration for the make-believe image she had conjured up of him. Why did she care? Why did it hurt so bad? Why did it feel as if the earth was crumbling down on her?

Was it the cold making her nose runny, or was it her sorrow?

Why doesn't he want me? Why doesn't he want me? He doesn't even know she exists, yet the sharp-faced tom had already decided he would have nothing to do with her. I'm a fool. I'm a fool. I'm a fool her inner voice violently berates herself. Figpaw doesn't want to be so cruel to herself, but the voice was persistent, and she couldn't silence it, she was a foolish kit... Now she was all alone in the dead of night, racing around a strange twoleg place. The funny thing was is she didn't even want to go back home, what did it have to offer her right now?

But if not, home where does she go? Oh... she doesn't even think about it, her paws just race through the streets. Onto black concrete. Into blinding yellow lights.

SNAP! Just like a twig.

Her head hits the concrete hard, bruising up her chin as Figpaw releases a terrible shriek. If her brain felt like it was going to explode before it certainly felt that way now! She can feel her soul lurching to escape her body, the pain was immeasurable, especially for a little red tabby who's not felt so much as a claw scratch.

Claws grip into the black stone as she crawls away, immense pain flaring up with every movement but she does her best to ignore it. If she did not move she would die, every monster that roared past would snap all three of her limbs. Tumbling down into the ditch the usually piercing touch of snow is minorly soothing on her leg, though not by much. In survival mode Figpaw spots a dry culvert and moves inside it, leaving splotches of blood behind her.

Panting, Figpaw's dilated eyes frantically look around for danger before she plops onto the ground, wincing and shaking in pain. It's so dark she can barely see, but a nearby twoleg lamp post illuminates the hole just enough for Figpaw to get a good enough look. The sight of once was her healthy, rear hindleg shoots her into tears, she yowls and screams in horrified shock. It was contorted and areas had skin completely torn off to reveal law flesh. Figpaw doesn't know what else there was to do but cry, in pain, in sorrow, in fear as snowfall continues to settle over the land.

SkyClan's energetic tabby girl was missing, scared, injured and alone as the world turned cold.

55417772_ks6HUyroX73gwyT.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· FIGPAW, AMAB — she / her
╰ ‣ 7 moons .
╰ ‣ skyclan apprentice . believes in starclan, doesn't fully understand

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like pine nettles & sap, status — 100%
╰ ‣ A red tabby she-cat with orange eyes.

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ENFP-A ❝
CAMPAIGNER❞ , Gryfindor, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Excitable, generous, caring, quick-to-act, daft, naive
╰ ‣ finds relative ease relating to others . kind-hearted, will show mercy

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· NPC X DAISYFLIGHT, sister to Greenpaw, Violetpaw, Snowpaw & Butterflypaw
╰ ‣ IDK HER SEXUALITY I LIED . mistakes admiration for romantic feelings
╰ ‣ Apprentice to Tallulahwing
╰ ‣ poor fighter . okay hunter .
╰ ‣ unlikely to start fights . will flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.