PRIDE GOETH || figpaw

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

Tallulahwing moves nimbly across the pine branches, paws sure and steady and eyes fixed on her destination. The trees creak, touched by bitter winds, birds uprooting themselves and flinging themselves into the open sky, and the weight of two cats, mentor and apprentice.

Had Lulu been surprised by the last Clan meeting Blazestar had held? Sometimes she thinks nothing surprises her anymore, now that she lives in the forest part-time. She finds she simply can't relate to any of her garden friends back home now, or even to the cats who live at the barn where she'd been born. They don't have to worry about the strange politicking between Clans, about defending borders and standing helpless as children die without their bodies to bury.

Figpaw is somewhere behind her. Tallulahwing can tell something is different even just from her little pattering steps. The lightness is gone, replaced by something the torbie cannot place. Dejection? Disbelief?

She turns to look behind her, pale yellow eyes searching for her apprentice's brilliant orange coat among the pine needles. "You're usually flyin' ahead of me, Little Missy. What's got you so slow today?" She finds a branch where the sunlight can strike her dappled coat and light it up like the tree-shadowed forest floor. "You know we can't be takin' all day up here. That fresh-kill pile looked right pitiful when I got here this mornin'."

@FIGPAW

Reactions: FIGFEATHER

Her mind is in the gutter; she can feel the fog veiled around it and a stone sitting atop her brain. Figpaw hid her confusion and grief for once was well, she still displayed cheery smiles and seemed excitable but physically she's grown much slower. A bit quieter too. Today she lags behind her mentor instead of trying to race ahead of her as she usually would, she feels happy flying through the pines but still that pit in her chest remained.

Figpaw is about two branches behind from Tallulahwing when their eyes meet. Figpaw stops in her tracks, a groan escapes the branch she stands upon, Figpaw knows to leap forward to a hardier branch. "Me? Oh uh- yeah. I mean- no! I don't know! I'm a little tired." Excuses pour from her mouth, typical child stubbornness in confessing what weighed her mind down. She might just make Tallulahwing really hammer her for it on any other day, but in this moment she realizes her mentor might be the only cat she could talk to about this. So far her siblings seemed to not feel similarly to Figpaw, and ma...? Figpaw didn't want to hurt her feelings, make her think the red tabby was disappointed with her.

She paws nervously at a couple of nettles, "...Well I guess um. I'm kinda sad." She confesses, she means to explain further but there's a lump in her throat. It most likely takes a word, a nod, or a brow raise from Tallulah for the girl to continue. "I never thought I'd see the day where um, mom stepped down or whatever... I shouldn't care- Snowpaw doesn't care. It's probably um, stupid." Nothing was supposed to bother miss Figpaw after all. "Um... it's stupid but I guess I feel like maybe the clan will forget about me now that ma isn't deputy... Cuz... lotsa cats cared about me because... of ma's position I think." Of course it wasn't true, but Figpaw couldn't help but fear maybe it was.

"And... I think seeing Deersong in ma's place makes me angry! No one should be able to replace ma..." Her words shimmer down as tears swell into her eyes, she doesn't want to cry. How embarrassing. She turns her head away from Tallulahwing, "...It's stupid..." She whispers under her breath.

55417772_ks6HUyroX73gwyT.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· FIGPAW, AMAB — she / her
╰ ‣ 6 moons .
╰ ‣ skyclan apprentice . believes in starclan, doesn't fully understand

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like pine nettles & sap, status — 100%
╰ ‣ A red tabby she-cat with orange eyes.

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ENFP-A ❝
CAMPAIGNER❞ , Gryfindor, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Excitable, generous, caring, quick-to-act, daft, naive
╰ ‣ finds relative ease relating to others . kind-hearted, will show mercy

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· NPC X DAISYFLIGHT, sister to Greenpaw, Violetpaw, Snowpaw & Butterflypaw
╰ ‣ IDK HER SEXUALITY I LIED . mistakes admiration for romantic feelings
╰ ‣ poor fighter . okay hunter .
╰ ‣ unlikely to start fights . will flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.