psycho teddy ☣︎ cuddles

—————————————————————⊰☣︎⊱————————————————————

She sneezes and though it was probably from dust it reminds her of what was to come. She'd survived this plague, was almost fully back to health proper, but leafbare was just around the corner and with it the chill she had despised since she'd grown old enough to voice her complaints and voice them she had. Mintshade hates the cold, she despises it more than she does the heat because while the sun could bake her dark fur with ease the cold was much more deadly and obnoxious because solving the issue of being too cold meant she needed to share warmth. Before it was easy, she'd stolen her sisters body heat and picked a spot between them to settle, but now Sootstar slept in a den that she once shared with Weaselclaw and Bluepool didn't humor her neediness as much as she once did. The dark molly huffs, staring out across the camp with a frown on her maw and her body slumped across the nest and languishing away. Perhaps the solution would be to bully a clanmate into resting with her at least until she was warm again and she begins to swiftly scan each cat as a promising victim.
She spots his russet spotted form as it passes by easily, Sunstride stood out against the moorland with his bright and warm colors. Such warm colors. Such a lucious coat too, she'd kill for that kind of comfort right now but maybe she didn't have to kill. Maybe she could just ask 'politely'.
"Nnnnghhhh-SUNNY! Come lay with me, I want to steal your fur-I mean borrow your pelt-I mean...I'm cold. I'm cold and I have short fur and if I'm not given what I want I will complain and Wolfsong will have to put up with it."
She stretches across the nest, long limbs fully extended and the claw of each toe popping out, it was a testament to how much better she felt that she could be her usual invasive and bold self and his being deputy had not really changed their dynamic.
"PUH-LEASSSEEEEEE!" Mintshade rolled, now on her back arching it and flailing her paws in the air above her as if mimicing a spider in its death throes preparing to curl its slender limbs in tight.

• PAFP: @SUNSTRIDE
    Prompt - As it gets cold, how does your character stay warm? Do they notice a winter coat coming in? Do they already have an abundance of fur? Do they begin to huddle closer together in their nests at night?

• 72262236_YEsG4z22LX7u0l3.png
    Mintshade
    —⊰⋅ Warrior (Moor Runner) of WindClan
    —⊰⋅ She/Her
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ SH Solid black cat w/ acid green eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: PINKSHINE
✦  .   ˚ .   Perhaps she would not, but Sunstride misses the cold. The heat of greenleaf behind them at last, he can only recall how he had melted beneath the unending sun. It was a better time, when Mintshade laughed at him pooled into a heap beneath the Tallrock in the only patch of shade he could find. She had thought it amusing then. After all that had happened....he can only be glad that the memory remained untainted by her death. With the tumultuous time threatening their clan, it is good to have a friend. Even (or perhaps especially) one so troublesome as her. Her friendship is a moment of respite in the chaos, her wheedling tone enough to bring him a moment's joy.

The auburn tom cannot help his grin. He laughs explosively, his head blocking what little sun remains and casting a fluffy-edged shadow over her much less dense form. And quite as soon as that realization may strike her, he strikes. A great weight comes crashing down upon Mintshade, caught only at the last second so as not to truly harm her healing body. "Stars knows he has known enough of your complaints all this time. The worst part of this journey– you have your voice back." In times such as this, however, he can only be glad for it. A bit of loud bluntness will do them well.
EpC61GT.png

• OOC.
  • ✦  .   ˚ .   FORMERLY SUNNVAR. HE - HIM - HIS OR THEY - THEM. DEPUTY OF WINDCLAN. 4 YEARS OLD. PENNED BY REVELATIONS.  —————————
    sunsquare2.png
    ——  a tall auburn tabby with thick fur and bright glacial eyes. sunstride is broad and bold– a creature standing above most of windclan, though not a beast beyond it, with fur that flames red and deepens to a burnt amber with every stripe. his eyes, in comparison, are a pale summer's blue, still as bold as the rest of them. he radiates confidence and self-assured authority.

✦ NPC x NPC. DECEASED MOTHER, ESTRANGED FATHER. NO LITTERMATES. MATE TO WOLFSONG. FATHER TO BEARKIT, SINGEDKIT, RIVEKIT, SUNLITKIT, AND FEATHERKIT ——
  • "speech"

If given the choice to pick between the overbearing heat of greenleaf and the sneaking chill of leafbare, Rattleheart probably would have chosen the former. At least in her case, the majority of her pelt was light enough that it reflected the sun that often came beating down upon her, with only the mask of her face and the bands of black over her shoulders truly absorbing it. With leafbare though, the situation was reversed. There was hardly enough dark color on her to soak in the little sunlight that still presented itself, and the rest of her pelt - while noticeably thicker - wasn't always much of a help. She could only help that this particular season would be a forgiving one, considering how much they had all already gone through. It only seemed fair to have a mild leafbare after the near devestation that the yellowcough had brought along with it.

In the past, she had always combatted the cold by seeking out the warmth of her family, more than happy to tuck herself against the side of Scorchstreak or Rabbitclaw when it became truly unbearable. The tunneler was even more glad that the yellowcough had evacuated itself from her body for that reason, since it meant she wouldn't have to put considerable distance between herself and her siblings. Of course, they weren't the only ones that Rattleheart had ever turned to for warmth and companionship. A certain dark-furred moor runner immediately leapt to mind, though she hastily brushed off the thought of him, face warm beneath her pelt as she focused on Mintshade and the object of her badgering.

Soft, bubbling laughter left her as she watched Sunstride practically collapse on top of Mintshade, his thick coat surely providing her with the warmth that she was clearly so desperate for. As she settled nearby, her own tail wound around her body, tucking in close as if to preserve every bit of heat that she could get. "Perhaps you should try a journey down into the tunnels, Mintshade. The wind can hardly reach us down there sometimes, even in the middle of leafbare." A teasing smile curled on her muzzle then, gesturing her head off in the direction of the nearest tunnel she could remember. "You wouldn't be able to find more fur there, but the extra dirt can certainly be insulating." Rattleheart knew that particular fact very well, considering the number of times she'd had to forcibly shake it from her own fur.
[ PENNED BY EO ]

Cottonpaw thought her plush fur would be a blessing in the coming moons - and to a degree, it is. The frigid air as it comes and goes, morning and night, rarely bothers her. But the wind blows and cuts directly through her thickly laced fur and slices her skin to bits. If she were any bit as eccentric as her aunt, perhaps she too would be demanding the pelt of another to keep warm. Instead, however, she will endure. Endure, and maybe hide in the medicine den a bit more than usual.

"Oooh..." she rumbles as she trots closer, blue eyes floating over Sunstride and Mintshade. She can't help the partial smile on her expression, chest warmed by the simple interaction. They've all been smacked about by nature (and some, by the Stars themselves,) and so the spot of sunshine is enough to warrant a grin. "I didn't think about the tunnels, Rattleheart! That's a good idea," she praises the black-and-white feline, before her gaze falls teasingly back onto the deputy, "Sorry, Sunstride. You're a bit too big to go in the tunnels. Maybe next moon," she makes the suggestion as if he'll shrink, though she knows full and well he won't.​

—————————————————————⊰☣︎⊱————————————————————
She is humored in the most obnoxious way possible, she had hoped for a little curl, a little fluffy tail to twine around her and wear like a fashionable boa - instead she is attacked, assaulted, crushed beneath spotted fur and a cackle of a howl; monster, terror, her new least favorite deputy ever!
"UGH-NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" The humbling began, but it did little to stop her voice he claimed was too much, "You know you missed me, you know you all missed me-I keep the brats in line!" A paw waves outward from beneath the chocolate and white cloud upon her, black claws brandishing in a threat that was heavily diminished by the fact she was laying there with legs awkwardly sticking out from under a much larger cat.

"There is no WAY I'm going in those tunnels, Rattleheart, do you see these legs? Or...I guess you can't see them cause SUNSTRIDE'S FAT TAIL IS BLOCKING THE VIEW OF MY MAJESTY!" She twists her head, nips at paw near her face. It was all in good fun, if she had genuinely wanted to get up and bite him he would've already been terribly mauled by now. "I'm made for the moors!"
She could probably fit in those tunnels easily though, she was slender, lanky, would emerge from them legs first like a spider and put the fear of StarClan in any clanmate who witnessed it though. A glance went to Cottonpaw and she winked, "...though, you know, I heard we're struggling for tunnelers lately. Maybe I'll offer my services.."

•  

• 72262236_YEsG4z22LX7u0l3.png
    Mintshade
    —⊰⋅ Warrior (Moor Runner) of WindClan
    —⊰⋅ She/Her
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ SH Solid black cat w/ acid green eyes.