private put others first before your own needs

OH, WHAT IT MEANS TO BE SOMEONE
THAT EVERYBODY HAS TO TALK TO
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
periwinklebreeze 19 moons demi-boy windclan lead warrior
77107695_qyGsZvskQ3IglTq.png
With nursery all but overflowing, peri has found his days occupied by the tiny bundles of fluff running about. Sunstars announcement of the new code had taken him by surprise - apprentices being named far later, at six moons rather than three. He's... not sure how he feels about it, really - he remember just how terrifying it'd been to find himself pinned by rad furred figure and snarling jaws... but he also remembers how awful it'd felt, waiting, apprenticed a whole moon behind his siblings. How will windclans kits feel when they reach four moons and still haven't become 'paws?

Its thoughts like these that weigh upon his mind as he wanders - skirting about the edges of the territory in his need for solitude and silence. Without snailstride and vulturemask around, there is nobody to whom he can voice his worries - no matter how much he cares for gravesnap, he'd long resigned himself to their differing viewpoints. Quiet sigh leaves his lips, blue eyes closing for a moment as he tips his head back - the soothing scent of frost-tipped moorland grass and icy wind soothing his nerves.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
H EH ADN OO N ET H A TH EC O U L DT A L KT O
// @MICHAEL!

N3lR7UO.gif
It seemed as though Michael never stopped running into clan cats, and this one in particular. He wasn't surprised when he stumbled into the windclanner again, nearly eating dirt as he failed to catch the vole now running into the undergrowth.

The tom had stuck close to clan territory for a while, unsure exactly why until recently. His anxiety lingered and pressed at him, leaving him jumpy and snappish. He felt like his emotions were out of control and getting worse by the day. Michael wasn't ignorant to the cause but he chose to not acknowledge it. He refused to acknowledge it. If he didn't accept that it existed then it'd go away, yeah?

" I- uh.. hi. " Michael didn't feel nervous around the colourpoint anymore. They'd chatted enough to alleviate most concerns. " You doing okay? "

periwinklebreeze 19 moons demi-boy windclan lead warrior
77107695_qyGsZvskQ3IglTq.png
Ears twitch and pelt bristles as he's startled - Michael nearly eats dirt and prey skitters away. Its a shockingly familiar sight, enough so that the moment he see's it his heart stops it's racing - muscles relaxing as tension bleeds from him. There's no reason to be afraid - truthfully (and he means it in the politest way possible) he doubts Michael could hurt a fly, let alone him.

Lips twitch in a bitter smile, eyes pointed in the direction of the prey hat has now escaped them both. " S-sneaky things, voles, " he muses playfully, voice gentle. " As... w-well as can be, I s-suppose, " shoulders shrugging. It doesn't take him long to notice that the other looks... different since last they met, but he's polite enough to keep his jaws shut - it's hardly his place to point out such a thing, perceived friendship or not.

" And y-you? N-not g-g-going hungry are y-you? " perhaps he shouldn't be concerned - Michael is no windclanner, and is certainly not his responsibility. But... he's always been a soft touch, and after moons in the barn it's not as though windclan is lacking in food these days. Besides - newleaf will be here soon enough, bringing with it new life and plentiful prey.

N3lR7UO.gif
" I couldn't, uh, I couldn't say I'm doing very well with the whole- um, hunting thing? " Michael figured it was pretty obvious, given that he and Peri continued to meet during failed hunts. Michael had never been taught and instincts only got him so far. He'd spent a life on kittypet food, hard pellets and a savoury, delightful, mush. He missed the ease of meals in those days, it was an uncomplicated time for him, but he was still glad to be out. He had company now, however brief and awkward it may be.

" I wouldn't want to.. that is so say there's no pressure but, I.. would appreciate if you could help me with catching food. " Michael saw the surveying look from the other cat and shifted uncomfortably, knowing Peri couldn't avoid seeing what was so obvious. " Please. "

periwinklebreeze 20 moons demi-boy windclan lead warrior
78467824_a4pzKBESfsRFBod.png
Hunting isn't going well - and he'd like help. Really, peri can't blame michael for being nervous about asking such a thing, but the fact he does ask is enough to have the boy preen. His interactions with the tom are always like this - quiet, simple, free of the judgement that lingers over his head even now. Bcoming lead warrior did not change his bloodline, change his past. He'd always be the child of a traitor, a weakling, a cat who almost didn't get his warrior name at all because he once refused to fight. No - here he is just him/i]. A clan cat, who knows how to hunt and fight. It's a simple thing, and if only he wasn't so attatched to his homeland perhaps he'd consider living the life of a loner himself. But he doesn't - instead nodding with an easy smile at the loner. " Sure! I'm a g-g-good hunter you know... th-though w-we should probably g-g-go a bit further that way - we've p-probably scared off any prey n-nearby with our t-talking, " he says. And it's probably best they skirt further away from claimed territory - most of his clanmates are not so easy going after all.