QUESTING BEAST 𓆩 ♕ 𓆪 DOGBITE

Mar 3, 2024

𓆩 ♕ 𓆪 Hollykit been searching out cats with cool scars ever since her (very successful) patrol with Sangriakit. No one can beat her mother still, but... Dogbite comes close. His scars look so similar to Bobbie's, with the missing eye at all. It's drawn her interest - and what's more, she's overheard something very intriguing about him. "You're not from here, are you?" Hollykit squeaks one day, when Dogbite comes in to visit the nursery. A lot of cats are like that here, he's learned. SkyClan gets new cats all the time - but Dogbite has scars, and scars mean stories.

She scampers out of the nest towards them, coming to a stop just at their paws - stopping them in the entranceway. Wide green eyes peer up at the warrior. "Like, um, before you were in SkyClan. You joined, I think? You came from somewhere else? Is it true?" It's prompting, if fumbling. He came from somewhere else, like mama, but he wasn't a kittypet. That's unusual. There's a story there, they're certain of it.

• @Dogbite
  • 78595156_PHu3ouPV70uRxD0.png

"SPEECH"
  • HOLLYKIT ⚔︎ she / him, kit of skyclan, three moons.
    a small, fluffy kit with mottled fur and deep green eyes.
    bobbie x blazestar; littermate to lionkit & candorkit.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

• Love
Reactions: DOGBITE
On days he spent with his siblings the tabby couldn't help but think about Bobbie and her little one's. Today they had also agreed to watch after them for a bit come sunhigh. Once they parted ways with Bear and Crescent the Lead Warrior sought out the nursery. It was still a bit odd for them when it came time to kitsitting. A sense of duty had overtaken him to keep an eye on their wellbeing from time to time. Rarely, had he so much as glanced at the nursery til' Blazestar and Bobbie's children were born. Albeit, he also knew his friend would be itching to get back to her duties soon and offering to help out was the least they could do. Shuffling inside, they prepared to make their way to Bobbie's nest, a kind glint shimmering in his blue eye. However, Hollykit's voice catches the older feline's attention, and garners them to physically halt in response. Not from here? Dogbite can't help but fall into awkward silence as the mottled kit bounds over and looks up to him with curious eyes.

He knew the child meant no ill-will but it had been an awfully long time since any cat had inquired about their place among Skyclan. When she clarifies the question, his discomfort lessens and a small sigh leaves their chest. Oh, I see. Putting on a smile he aims to gently nudge the tiny feline's side, and back towards the nest. "That's right, I wasn't born in Skyclan. I came from a place called the two-leg alley's." They spoke carefully and gently as to not rouse the families around them. "Hop back over here and I'll tell you more about it." Dogbite didn't mind sharing a story or two and it seemed like easy entertainment for the bunch. Settling next to the nest in question, he relaxes in the milk-scented den, forming into a ball of wily fur. Their paws tucked comfortably beneath him as he waits expectantly for Hollykit to follow.

• ———✧———​
    ✧ LH cinnamon tabby w/high white one blue eye
    ✧ child of npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan lead warrior ; ex-loner
    ✧ 33 moons old ; birthday 07/01
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric
    ———✧———​

𓆩 ♕ 𓆪 Any discomfort Dogbite feels over the question is lost on the young molly. He meant it innocently, and so there is no way it could be taken as anything but. His eyes glitter with eagerness, leaned so close as to nearly brush the fur of the warrior - when their paw begins to gently nudge them away. She goes easily, herded back towards the nest with no loss of brightness. "The twoleg alleys..." she murmurs, pausing for a moment in wonder.

She's heard of twoleg nests before but this is new. It sparks his imagination running again; just as he thought, a distant land like nothing he's ever heard of before. A clumsy smile crosses his face as his summons is called. "Ah! Okay, okay!" Dutifully, Hollykit skips back to the nest and settles down, practically vibrating from excitement as he waits for the tale to begin.

• 78595156_PHu3ouPV70uRxD0.png

"SPEECH"
  • HOLLYKIT ⚔︎ she / him, kit of skyclan, four moons.
    a small, fluffy kit with mottled fur and deep green eyes.
    bobbie x blazestar; littermate to lionkit & candorkit, kin to many.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DOGBITE
Settling into the cozy nook of the nursery, Dogbite clicked his tongue as forgotten images flitted in and out of focus. Hollykit's eager gaze spurred him on, urging him to share a tale from his alley days. Maybe I can share something from my kittenhood? It was the only thing he felt would be appropriate enough to share. Memories of distant clangs and tings filled his ears, accompanied by a sense of familiarity that tugged at his heartstrings. He doubted Bobbie would be against sharing something wholesome.

"Well... Growing up in the alleys was tough, tougher than the clans." They began, their voice tinged with a hint of nostalgia. "You're alone most days, scavenging for scraps, dodging scary situations, and if not, then only trouble is your company." He paused, a fondness gracing scarred features as he reminisced about his mother. "I didn't have a dad around and my siblings were already all grown up, but my mom was there." Dogbite continued, their voice softening. "She always smiled, and beyond the two-leg scents, hers always smelled so soft and warm."

His tired blue eye reflected the worn recollections as he delved into the story. "It all started in a den made of silver, far beyond the homes of our daylight warriors and deeper into two-leg territory." Dogbite explained with a tattered ear flick. "Much like the tallpine in camp, these fleshy beings congregated around them. Behind each massive structure were strips akin to the Thunderpath." Unfolding his dappled left paw he stretched out a pale leg to express the size. Head tilting closer to Hollykit, their tone turning a touch serious. "You've got a long time till you see one, and it sticks far from our own territory. But it's a winding trail made of dark, sickly-smelling rocks, and monsters race across it. Many good cats have lost their lives when crossing such a treacherous path."

With a nod they leaned back, recounting a wild happenstance near his former home. "One morning, I had woken to the sound of a big monster settling in for a nap. Much slower and sleeping it seemed less dangerous. Curiosity got the better of me." They admitted with a grimace. "Against my mother's wishes, I snuck out to take a look at this beast while it slept near my home." Dogbite's nose crinkled playfully as he entailed the smell of the monster. "It was like the dirtiest pelt you've ever seen, and even worse than the stench of crow food." Low chuckling stirred from their chest as they imagined what crazy face they'd made at that time. "When I took a closer peek at it, I found a big brown thing with pointed edges like a strange rock, and it smelled of trees. Inside was the tastiest two-leg scraps I ever had." Thoughts of oddly triangular morsels lathered in a golden paste made their stomach rumble.

Pushing the hunger away, he began to describe being chased by a two-leg, head shaking with dismay. "What I hadn't accounted for was the two-legs. They spotted me from their dens. Came running after me, screaming and waving a large stick." He visibly flinched, tone laced with amusement and humor. "Nearly scared the fur off my back. I had to scramble back to my nest to avoid getting hit." Their shoulders sank as he sighed, remembering his mother's bravery in rescuing him. "Thankfully, my mom had been on her way home and came to my rescue, fighting off the two-leg with the strength of a hundred cats." Mrrowing with a mixture of admiration and bittersweetness.

"After we had escaped, I thought she was going to smack my ears clean off, but she didn't. She bundled me up close and thanked the heavens I hadn't been injured or worse." His meows trail off for a moment. A ghostly worn image replaying of her tufted cheeks and pools of bright green staring down at him. A voice all but forgotten to the age of time but the feeling of her love remained. Sucking in a sharp breath the older cat put on a brave face. Looking over to Hollykit with a curious gaze. "Not the most exciting story I know but it's one of my favorites." His scruffy maw upturned in a cheeky grin. "Anything you'd like to know more about the alley's?" The Lead hadn't meant to ramble for so long but he'd been caught up on the moment. It was rare that they got to speak of their mom in such a lighthearted way and it was a nice change of pace.

• Sorry for the crazy burst of muse! Please don't feel the need to match <3

TLDR; Dog details an adventure of him checking out a big monster in the alleys and nearly getting injured by its two-leg. His mom had come to the rescue and its a bittersweet/kind moment of him reminiscing.

• ✧ LH cinnamon tabby high white blue eye
    npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan lead warrior ; ex-loner
    ✧ 34 moons old ; birthday 07/01
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric

Last edited: