private questions that keep me awake // asking for help

◇​ I FOUND A MARTYR - HE TOLD ME THAT I'D NEVER ◇​

siltcloud & 16 moons & female & she/her & shadowclan warrior

Siltcloud has never asked for help before - not once in her life, as far back as she can recall. How many times had she just struggled her way through things in silence, or starclan forbid simply given up as a lost cause? But... she can't do that this time. She wants to be a good mentor, the way flickerfire never was. Wants to see her apprentice swim rather than sink - wants more for her than she's ever managed to grsp with her own paws. The weight of such a decision weighs heavily upon her conscience, and it spurs her forwards and into action. There are not many cats in the clan with such experience - and many of those are children. So really, there's no other choice - even if they've hardly spoken to eachother before now, needs must. Pawsteps are quiet as she approaches, pelt twitching with nervous energy. Its a relief she thinks, that forestshade will not bear witness to the nervous expression she struggles to hide. "Do you... have a moment? I need to speak with you," words are as quiet and lifeless as ever, but there is a weight to them that is unfamiliar - even to her own ears. She's serious - she's out o her depth, and she needs help.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: @FORESTSHADE
    tw/cw: —
  • A dust hued cinnamon tabby with white markings and sage green eyes. Her fur is dull and unkept, her figure frail and slight, and she most notably has five toes upon each of her four paw. With the death of loampelt, something within siltcloud seems to have changed - no longer is she as soft-spoken as before, instead easily snapping at her clanmates and throwing herself into training her apprentice.

physically medium && mentally hard
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not-allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ddadaf]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

Forestshade had been about to leave camp on a solo hunt when the other warrior approached. Her face turns slightly towards her, unseeing eyes cast towards the ground. She recognizes the scent and voice easily; Siltcloud, a she-cat she doesn't talk much with which is why she's a bit surprised to have the other request to talk with her. With a single ear twitch she shrugs and trills, "Sure, I guess. What's up?" With a gesturing of her tail she continues her walk out of camp, hoping the other doesn't mind accompanying her while they have this talk. As soon as they slip out of camp, the scents of the marsh wash over them and Forestshade is already parting her jaws in search of prey, though a trained ear remains on Siltcloud for her next words.

◇​ I FOUND A MARTYR - HE TOLD ME THAT I'D NEVER ◇​

siltcloud & 17 moons & female & she/her & shadowclan warrior

Siltcloud follows easily enough, her own gaze against the ground out of habit too - it's easier that way, without having to look at others, to be looked at herself. "I need.... advice," she says slowly, getting straight to the point. Ears pull back in discomfort and uncertainty as she tries to find the right way to put her worries, her concerns. "You may know by now my apprentice - catterpillarpaw - she too is blind. And i... am not. I would like... I would like to know how to make things easier for her," she's trying, truly, but as a cat who has always relied upon her vision, she still finds herself stumbling at times. is she being to soft at times, is she asking too much at others? she doesn't know. "She is my first apprentice... and I want to do well for her," it's the most honest she's been in moons, and to think she'd do so for a child - well, times have certainly changed.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —
  • A dust hued cinnamon tabby with white markings and sage green eyes. Her fur is dull and unkept, her figure frail and slight, and she most notably has five toes upon each of her four paw. With the death of loampelt, something within siltcloud seems to have changed - no longer is she as soft-spoken as before, instead easily snapping at her clanmates and throwing herself into training her apprentice.

physically medium && mentally hard
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not-allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ddadaf]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

As Siltcloud speaks, Forestshade’s attention shifts more to her, her ears pricking. Advice? No one has ever come to her for advice before. With interest, she listens and nods a bit, understanding the predicament. She wonders if Briarstar and Chilledstar had thought the same when it came to training her. Were they worried they wouldn’t make things easy enough for her? The thought brings a sneer to her face; she bets she proved them wrong quickly!

“Don’t overthink it too much. Caterpillarpaw has been blind her whole life, she’s not missing anything. But focus on what she can be great at. Hunting, tracking…that stuff. The fighting…you know, never been my thing, as much as I hate to admit it, and it won’t be her’s either. We can’t see stuff coming like you can, so don’t hold that against her much. The key is to focus on what she can do. She can smell, she can hear, she can sense with her whiskers…teach using that knowledge.” Training up Forestshade’s sense of smell was Briarstar’s first order of business, making sure she memorized the smell of the thunderpath immediately. That knowledge saved her life, she’s sure.