quiet time [honeysplash]

Untitled419_20230710182642.png

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

Johnnyflame sighed as he limped through camp toward the freshkill pile. Blazestar was dead, half the clan was injured from driving out the rogues, and Highstones was still under the control of Windclan. Johnny was angry and a little shellshocked by it all. He couldn't wrap his head around the idea that Blazestar just... wouldn't be among them anymore, and all that he knew for certain was that Windclan would pay for what they'd done- for everything they did. But since there were no current plans for the clan to retaliate for anything as of yet, Johnny was trying to keep busy. He was a mischevious menace when he was born, but even worse, he was a ticking time-bomb when he was angry with no outlet. So, to keep himself from doing something stupid or from being a total jerk by stewing in his own thoughts, the stocky tabby tomcat was keeping himself busy.

With no patrols to do and with Glimmerpaw resting after their recent bout of battle training, Johnny decided to make himself useful in other areas and make sure that everyone was fed. He'd already been to the nursery and elders den, and as he reached the freshkill pile he quickly scooped up a squirrel and made his way toward the medicine cats den. He wasn't sure who would all be there at the moment, but whatever was leftover could be saved for Dawnglare and Fireflypaw.

"Dinner-call!" he announced as he slipped inside, voice kept down in case cats were sleeping but his maw still fixed with his usual cheery grin, prey dangling by its tail between his jaws.

@Honeysplash

Untitled33_20230906192924.png

Blazestar was- dead. It was a wild concept. One that she thought she would be old and gray in recalling not still freshly a warrior. The young cat flicked her tail back and forth idly as she laid in her nest staring at the nearby wall. Daydreaming scenarios had become her favorite past time and something more to do than sit around and wait for her leg to heal. She wasn’t allowed to leave the den by any means and it was growing quiet- boring.

Honeysplash then started upon a voice calling into the den and she lifted her head suddenly, blinking a bit as she was broken out of one of her dream like scenarios. It was Johnnyflame, he had come with prey for the cats in the medicine den. Which so far had been just herself, Slate, and young apprentices’ she never caught the names of yet.

The cream and white tabby cat gave a slight smile, one that didnt quite reach her eyes in response to the lead warrior bringing them prey. It was a nice thought for him to do so but she hadnt been feeling up to eating. She had grown use to little food since leaving the twoleg den as prey was hard to find in the twolegplace. And what she did find was meek and scrawny, or disgusting but she wouldn’t never admit to eating rotten food out loud.

Thank you, Johnnyflame, its very nice of you to think of us,” She murmured softly and laid her head back down onto her paws. ​

"Speech"

living in a world so cold

BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

Warm yellow eyes landed on Honeysplash when she spoke, quickly realizing the young shecat was the only one awake and heading toward her with the prey, placing it at the edge of her nest. "Ah, it's no trouble. " And it wasn't. If anything it was a blessing for him to be able to keep himself busy, even if it was just with trivial tasks that were typically more suited for apprentices. "How've you been holding up in here? Can't say it's the funnest place to be stuck so you have my sympathy for that. All the same, hope you've been healing well." he mused, though it was clear any mirth he felt was half-hearted, his mind caught on other things. Still, his interest in her recovery was genuine.

Johnnyflme and Honeysplash hadn't had much time to interact beyond the norm of clan life before she went missing, but he remembered her well enough. Orangeblossoms sister, Quillstrikes former mate, a promising young warrior who'd only just joined the ranks fully before she disappeared by the cruel hnds of fate. Whatever journey she'd been on to bring her back must have been dangerous to return her in the state it had, but the fact that she'd made it spoke plenty about her to Johnnyflame.

• Love
Reactions: wolfie
The young warrior shrugged her shoulders slightly, “I am- doing well thus far. Though i swear the next time i step out of here Dawnglare is gonna banish me and stop healing me all together so-,” She rambled slightly and gestured with a paw as she spoke. Honeysplash had tried to leave the den to even sit outside for a moment, but nothing was ever right. She just wanted to be something important- was that too much to ask?

How’re you doing? Lead warrior things going well?” She asked curiously as she was just desperate for someone to talk too. She had been in here all day and she wanted visitors more than anything. Part of them wanted to go out there and march into the warriors den to demand Quillstrike speak to them, or bother their sisters and brothers or something.

Though of course that would be irrational and they sighed softly to themselves. Johnnyflame had always been a kind cat and she was glad to see him doing so well. Gave hope to what she could be with how much she hadn’t been around for so long. ​

"Speech"

living in a world so cold

"Aye, that Dawnglares a scary one." Johnny replied with a grin. The clans healer was strange to say the least, as cryptic and unfriendly cat that always managed to make Johnny feel like the idiot in the conversation. To be fair, their last conversation hadn't been all that bad, but the bobtail was still uncertain of them, and he certainly wouldn't try to piss them off on purpose. "You must be going stir crazy in here- what's he say the damage is?" he asked, gesturing to her injuries.

Since Honeysplash seemed okay with the company, Johnny took a seat near her nest, more than happy to conversate for a bit. "It is!" the tom replied brightly. "I was bit nervous when Blazestar promoted me so soon- there were definitely cats that didn't like tht, but I think things have been going well so far- I haven't gotten anyone killed yet, so there's that."

Pleanty of cats had ben upset by his promotion, either because he was so new to the clan or because he was a daylight warrior. But Johnny knew he'd earned everything he'd gotten, and would happily continue to prove others wrong until they got the messege; he wasn't going anywhere, not as long as Skyclan would have him.