reach out and touch faith — iciclefang

The young warrior felt his body ache as he makes his way over to the nursery. This is the second time this week he has visited the nursery, but with no longer having an apprentice he had to make himself busy somehow in his spare time. He could've spent it hunting or patrolling, but he vividly remembered how the nursery den seemed to be getting... a tad more messy than usual when he visited Hazecloud. He imagines it can be difficult to keep the den neat and tidy with young kits running around; kittens must be a lot of work. He will never know what it's like to carry kits or what it's like raising them. But any cat can see how much energy a kitten can possess; sometimes it seems like they have more energy than full grown warriors! So maybe he can help them out with the messy den, he thinks. One less thing that has to be on their minds.

When he pops his head in, Hazecloud seemed to be out of the den with her kits. But the den wasn't empty, as his green eyes landed on Iciclefang, who recently moved into the nursery. Foxtail doesn't really know the lead warrior that well. She is known for her sharp tongue, her respect isn't easy to earn as it might be from others. She's far more wary of the former ripple colony cats than he is, but he can understand the distrust she feels towards them. He wants to believe that the ripple colony cats who pledged their loyalty to RiverClan will keep their word, but only time will tell. She has his respect— she is a loyal RiverClanner at the end of the day, and works hard; probably way more than most warriors.

"Hey Iciclefang," He mews as he takes a step into the den, but not any further. He didn't want to be possibly intruding on her space. "I-I was planning to clean up the nursery for you and the other queens... You don't mind, do you?"

• @iciclefang
  • 76983326_NimpdpqQcHTVZW3.png

credit to skaicraft (via insta) for the artwork <3
  • Foxtail
    warrior
    warmhearted
    timid
    experience: trained
    backstory: tbd
    biography: [HYPERLINK]
    credit to rai for the mini & tropics for the icon <3
    cisgender male [he / him]
    eyes: green
    pelt: cinnamon/chocolate
    fur length: long
    parents: dawnflower and redfur (riverclan npcs)
    17 moons

The opening of the nursery darkens, and earnest olive eyes peer inside. Iciclefang’s claws flex instinctively, but she relaxes when Foxtail’s scent fills her nostrils. “Foxtail. Please, come in. Watch your step—the kits made a mess of the place this morning,” she warns, her voice thin with exhaustion. She nods her head toward the scraps of moss that litter the ground, bedding in tatters. “You’d think they’d just discovered their claws.” There’s a faint note of disapproval in her hum; she’d never realized until moving into the nursery that kits were messy, noisy, and otherwise uncouth. She doesn’t remember being that way, after all… but she supposes she can remember her littermates rough-housing and tearing things up, particularly Steepsnout. Had she participated? Perhaps she had, after all, while Ferngill and Darkwhisker had been out scouring the ground for pebbles.

She stretches, her thickening middle like a knot of flesh in her midsection. She surveys Foxtail with cool blue eyes, envy darkening their corners. She has to admit she’d rather be in his position, paw-weary and busy, fresh from the battle with the rogues, scars littering her pelt. “So what happened on the battlefield? Who did you fight?” Her expression brightens as she imagines her claws tearing through another cat’s pelt, howls of pain rending the air. She’d gotten just a taste after Kindling had wandered into the nursery, but…

• ooc:
  • image0.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 21 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring Cicadapaw ; previously mentored n/a
    — riverclan lead warrior. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — former mate to Stormywing ; current mate to no one.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

"Thanks for the warning," The young tom chuckles lightly as he steps into the den. He carefully makes sure not to step onto the moss as he enters the den, briefly looking over at the mess the kits made. Understandably, the young warrior hadn't fully understood how... messy kits can be. Foxtail can't really remember being a kit himself— it was so long ago— but was there a chance Foxtail was just as messy and noisy? Probably, he shared the nursery with his two littermates and Feathergaze— they were probably a mixed bunch of curious, growing kits. He picks up the moss left by the kits and sets it out of the way— he was going to have to make a small pile while cleaning up the nursery. He didn't want any kits or queens to step onto a messy pile of moss, willow branches, and reeds.

Foxtail continues with cleaning up the den; replacing old moss with new, and reinforcing the sedge wall. He makes sure to pick up any small branches or reeds, but his ear twitches in Iciclefang's direction. "So, what happened out in the battlefield? Did you fight?" She asks him, and he can see that small hint of jealously in her eyes. She wished she could've been alongside the patrol, fighting the rogues on the icy battlefield. But for the safety of herself and her expecting kits, she cannot participate in battle. ...He wished he had that drive, that excitement to leap into battle as well. He is a nervous fighter, StarClan there were tears in his eyes when he battled Osprey! He gives her a nod as her expression seems to brighten at the conversation starter. "T-the battle was intense," Foxtail mews, as his ears pin back as he begins to remember the battle. "I was trying to reach Shellkit," Foxtail recalls, "...I-I was so close too, but a rogue intercepted me."

It wasn't news that Foxtail wasn't exactly one of RiverClan's top fighters. So he understands Iciclefang's curiosity... she probably wanted to be out there were the rest of the patrol, chasing off aggressive rogues from their territory. "But yeah, I got into a fight with some dilute calico," He answers her question as he thinks back to the rogue that stopped him from reaching Shellkit. "She was way more skilled than me," He mews as he continues with his den cleaning, "But thankfully I only managed to get a shoulder and chest wound." He was scared the whole time though. He's surprised he didn't end up with more injuries considering that dilute calico's speed and verocity; the rogue was thristy for blood. "...T-the ice broke shortly after she intercepted me," He continues with a swish of his tail, thinking back to the frigid temperatures the water of RiverClan possesses. "I barely made it to shower without falling in."

He looks back over at the lead warrior. It disturbs him that Kindling managed to break into camp when the battle was going down. She used the battle to her advantage, hoping to get into camp when there were less warriors. So he can't help but feel relief in his chest that no other kit was stolen by a stranger. It would've been a living nightmare if that happened. "...S-so, did you help chase Kindling out?" He asks as he continues to make the den nice and tidy, "I'm so relieved that no other kit was stolen... T-they must've been quite shaken up, huh?"

• 76983326_NimpdpqQcHTVZW3.png

credit to skaicraft (via insta) for the artwork <3
  • Foxtail
    warrior
    warmhearted
    timid
    experience: trained
    backstory: tbd
    biography: [HYPERLINK]
    credit to rai for the mini & tropics for the icon <3
    cisgender male [he / him]
    eyes: green
    pelt: cinnamon/chocolate
    fur length: long
    parents: dawnflower and redfur (riverclan npcs)
    16 moons

As Foxtail works, he answers her question. She curls her tail around her, looking at him as eagerly as if she were a kit listening to the elders speak. He paints a portrait for Iciclefang of claws tearing through pale tortoiseshell fur, of ice cracking beneath their weight, of his own shorn flesh at the shoulder and chest. She inspects the wounds in question, an angry but faded red now between layers of calico fur, and nods tightly. “That does sound intense,” she murmurs. She remembers the creak of ice underpaw, of the momentous crash as Cicadastar had fallen in and sank, sank into dark waters…

She blinks. “I’m glad you made it out.” She is not as close to Foxtail as Feathergaze or some of the other young warriors are, but she finds her words are genuine. He’s a kind-hearted, hardworking young tom, even if he is a bit soft-pawed. “Was this your first fight?

He asks about Kindling. Her eyes are veiled and thoughtful as she takes her time replying. “I did. Hazecloud was tending to the kits at first. I got her in the flank, and Hazecloud got her face, right over her eye.” She lifts her paw and mock-slashes it over a narrow blue eye. “The kits had to witness it, and, well, you know. Pebblekit and Riverkit know their mother.” Her tail whisks behind her. “She’d come to steal them back, too, I suppose.

• ooc:
  • image0.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 21 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring Cicadapaw ; previously mentored n/a
    — riverclan lead warrior & queen. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — former mate to Stormywing ; current mate to no one.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.