private READY, WILLING TO IGNITE [bluepool]

༄༄ The fire has died out in its entirety, but left behind now is a territory of ash and smoke. Charred flowers lie lifeless, mere ghosts of the beauty they had once held. For now, it is over. For now, the danger has passed, and Scorchstreak holds a title of further power within WindClan. Deputy. Yet the promotion came with its costs—her own personal peace being one of them. She should get up and start on her daily tasks, but first she must confront something that has bothered her since first returning from speaking with RiverClan. "You should be upset with me," she muses, lifting her head from the silvered blue of her mate’s pelt. She has avoided making eye contact since enacting her decision, feeling guilty over going behind her fellow lead warriors’ backs. But now she has no choice but to confront Bluepool, for fear of tension lingering between them. She cannot stand feeling separated from her mate, even if only figuratively.

Her dappled muzzle rubs against black-striped fur as she buries her face into Bluepool’s coat for a moment. "I felt like I had to do something. No one could come to an agreement, so I…" Gritting her teeth, she trails off. Frustration clouds her face, a lightning strike that is gone all too soon. Her expression fades back into something soft, seeking appraisal in her mate’s golden eyes. "For what it’s worth, I am sorry for not telling you. But I won’t apologize for what I did." She had made an unpopular decision, yes, but it had saved the clan. Little Grasskit… would he have survived, if not for RiverClan’s shelter?

• ooc: @Bluepool
  • 77176203_fqHtotZWqpHc9RA.png
    SCORCHSTREAK ❯❯ she/they, deputy (tunneler) of windclan
    small, slim flame-streaked calico with fiery golden eyes. stoic and shrewd, but clearly cares deeply for her clan.
    mate to bluepool ; sibling to rattleheart & rabbitclaw
    mentor to pinkpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

p1qCnee.jpeg

In Bluepool's mind, there is little time to stand around sulking about Scorchstreak's decision like a petulant child. There were more important things to be done in the moment, a camp to be saved and rebuilt, bodies to be buried, a fresh-kill pile to be restocked. But what happens when everything is said and done and the awful feelings still remain? Never in her life had she been good about talking things through, when she had problems nearly everything could be solved with tooth and claw.

That wasn't going to work here, though. She knows it the second she lays golden eyes on a familiar fire-streaked pelt that she could never raise a unsheathed paw in the direction of her mate - it did not matter the way she felt. Her life goal was now to keep her safe? But how was she meant to do that when she was running recklessly into enemy territory, to cats who would rather see them burned alive then help? "You are lucky you know" she comments finally after a long pause. A long sigh escapes her lip and she busies herself with picking moss from her claws. "I'm not mad at you" she finally says and is surprised to find it is the truth and then she turns her gaze to her mates face "But I was afraid. You should have told me, I could have gone with you, what if something had happened to you? I- I don't know what I would do if something happened to you" tears blur the corners of her vision and stubbornly she wipes them away with the back of one foreleg.

She says she doesn't know what she would do - but she does. If harm ever befell her mate at the paws of another clan - if stars forbid she was taken from her, then Bluepool would march right into their territory and dig her teeth into any RiverClanner she could find. She would tear apart as many as she could before they sent her to her grave as well. But she does not speak such a thing out loud - it wouldn't do for her to hear her say such things, for Bluepool to continue thinking about a future where that may even happen.
EpC61GT.png

• xiikDkk.jpeg

• d8xs4yJ.jpeg
    BLUEPOOL WINDCLAN LEAD WARRIOR ; SHE / HER ; SISTER TO SOOTSTAR & MINTSHADE
    A small framed moor runner with a blue toned pelt and black stripes. Her tail is cropped and her eyes are golden in color. On her chest, she sports a large 'X' shaped scar.
    Difficult in battle. A skilled fighter + isn’t above using dirty tricks in order to win

༄༄ You are lucky you know, says the lead warrior, and Scorchstreak nods. "I know," she responds, her tone certain—but it turns softer, more appeasing, as she continues in a gentle murmur. "I am lucky to have returned without a scratch. I am lucky to have a mate who isn’t mad at me over this. So caring, so loving, so forgiving…" Is she laying it on a bit thick? Yes. Is she lying or exaggerating? Absolutely not. Bluepool is the greatest thing to happen to her in a long while, and she deserves to be reminded of that. She is beautiful physically, yes—Scorchstreak has never once denied that observation—but she is beautiful in both body and mind. A ferocious protector and a gentle warrior all wrapped up in silvered fur that shines like moonlight.

Adoration swells within her chest, and the calico nods as Bluepool speaks. "You have every right to be mad at me. I could not blame you for it." Her mate assures her that she isn’t angry, but was afraid. Scorchstreak does not want to consider what could have happened to her, had RiverClan stepped across the border at the bridge. Bluepool’s eyes shine with the hint of tears as she speaks of how lost she would be without Scorchstreak, and the deputy’s expression turns regretful. "Oh, Bluepool…" She moves closer, aiming to comfort her mate with a touch of their shoulders, a twining of their tails—whatever Bluepool will allow.

"I never meant to hurt you. I’m sorry." It feels oddly as though she is begging for forgiveness in spite of already having been forgiven. "I can’t promise to never do anything of the sort again. But I won’t keep it from you." She should not have kept this from Bluepool in the first place, she thinks. Should not have kept it from the clan. But would they have all attempted to stop her, too proud to accept aid from their river-dwelling neighbors?

• ooc:
  • 77176203_fqHtotZWqpHc9RA.png
    SCORCHSTREAK ❯❯ she/they, deputy (tunneler) of windclan
    small, slim flame-streaked calico with fiery golden eyes. stoic and shrewd, but clearly cares deeply for her clan.
    mate to bluepool ; sibling to rattleheart & rabbitclaw
    mentor to pinkpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore