private Rebuttal || Scorched

[ ༻❄༺ ] "You can't I refuse, tell Chilledstar to change Swallowpaws mentor now!" were the first things that came from Snowpaw's maws once they were out of camp. Her yellow gaze filled with fury and anguish. What a way to start training huh? Of course, Snowpaw had bugged the other to talk about this outside the camp's wall so that Swallowpaw didn't know of it. "You're my mentor, I refuse you taking on another" for once, in the two moons that Scorchedmoon had been mentoring Snowpaw, she finally showed some less...tasteful qualities. Everything had been fine when it was just the two of them but now? Now there was another, and she knew Swallowpaw would make things even more miserable.

"I refuse to be stuck in camp while you baby another, it's not fair" She whined. She had been doing so well so far, thriving even. Now she was supposed to train in camp? Her eyes glowered angry at such a thought. For once, Snowpaw was throwing a tantrum, something the apprentice hardly did. Not a fan of the idea of sharing anything they considered theirs. They were happy with being Scorchedmoon's only apprentice and now Swallowpaw had to go an crashed that. Pausing she stared dead into Scorchedmoon's eyes. "I refuse to train with Swallowpaw." Simple put. She will not stay in camp. "If anything, I can train with the others who can go outside, I will not train in camp" simple as that.

She continued staring at the other, already making her clear demands of the whole situation, clearly demanding to keep a sort of separation between the two. Snowpaw didn't think she was better than the other, yet she did not wish to be held back, or stay stuck in camp while her best friends got to go outside on patrols. She hated the thought of not walking next to Thornpaw, or even Basilpaw while they discussed things on patrols with their mentors. No, she refused.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Snowpaw She/Her, apprentice of Shadowclan, 6 moons.
    Lithe long hair blue lynx sepia with high white, and yellow eyes. Stubby tail, permanent resting bitch face
    Hailfreckle x Mudsplash
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

@Scorchedmoon

Scorchedmoon kinda figured that Snowpaw would complain once they were out of earshot. He’s not even sure how to exactly handle the situation, as he’s barely an adult himself. He has always felt younger than he actually is, and other cats are quick to point it out too, or call him a harebrain. What is he gonna do? It’s not like he can consult StarClan and ask what will lead him to the best future or something!

He sighs deeply as he waits for Snowpaw to finish what she is saying before stepping in. “Look. We don’t have enough cats for there to be any other options. And it’s not like I have to train you guys together every day! I’ll still take you outside as much as I can, okay? You’ll only have to hold yourself back a little!” Scorchedmoon hopes this compromise will please her, but he’s certain she’ll contest it immediately.

No matter if Snowpaw continues to refuse or not, Scorchedmoon keeps going on as an idea pops into his mind. “If you’re really that upset, maybe you can join some other apprentices and their mentors to get more outside experience sometimes. Again, I will not keep you in camp the entire time, as that would be silly, but it’s something?”

[ ༻❄༺ ] She gets it, she understands, there was a lack of warrior and a lack of them to take on duty but she still didn't have to like it. Snowpaw hated sharing, hated it, and now sharing a mentor? Feels like things could become a disaster, and not only that, Swallowpaw was... much of a jerk as Singepaw, and she did not want to deal with it. Snowpaw was already beginning to avoid Singepaw after their last interaction, and now she had to deal with his sibling. Her nails dug into the ground beneath her while biting the back the words she wanted to say, yet Snowpaw stared at the ground before them, ears flat while anger burned in their yellow gaze.

"I refuse" She repeated her statement on training with Swallowpaw, she didn't want to hold back, but more so she did not want to deal with the other crying to their mother if Snowpaw accidentally hurt them, or them making a false scene trying to play innocent. Snowpaw did not want to deal with that. "Because if I accidentally hurt Swallowpaw, their mother and siblings would be up and arms blaming me. I don't want to deal with that" she placed simply finally looking back at Scorchedmoon.

"Singepaw used to torture me in the nursery, who's the say Swallowpaw wouldn't do the same? I don't want them near me" she stated protectively. She knew she might be paranoid over it, but she had been so tired dealing with one, and now she had to tolerate the other brat of the bunch? Even if they hardly interacted with each other, Swallowpaw was kin to Singepaw and she was sure just as bad.

"I'm fine with training with other apprentices, but for now, I don't want to train with Swallowpaw, not now. I don't want to deal with Singepaw or his kin" Snowpaw sighed, meeting Scorchedmoon's gaze. "I get it, I get that we don't have enough warriors, but that doesn't mean that I have to like it." they were quick to place in, their tiny tantrum finally simmering out. All of this was just... frustrating to her, and she know she'll get over it eventually but in the moment, Snowpaw wanted to complain, whine even but Scorchedmoon was making fair points, and she knew it wasn't right to argue with her mentor over something like this.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Snowpaw She/Her, apprentice of Shadowclan, 6 moons.
    Lithe long hair blue lynx sepia with high white, and yellow eyes. Stubby tail, permanent resting bitch face
    Hailfreckle x Mudsplash
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.