no angst recess in second grade || sunning

Blueberrybounce

jump up, superstar!!
Dec 30, 2022
He stretches, yawns, rolls over a little to show his white-flecked chest to the sun. It's been a good morning. Hunting went well — like so much of his SkyClan family, Blueberrybounce is a natural tree-climber and birdy-hunter, took to it as a kid with gusto, found a home so easily in SkyClan 'cause of that — and now he rests. He'll hunt again later, or maybe patrol? Who knows, who know...

He rolls over once, then twice, then his bright blue eyes perk up at the sight of a clanmate he's almost rolled into. "Hello, hello," he chirps. "How's your day been? Mine's been EXCELLENT! — "

He wiggles with excitement, uses the movement to punctuate the words. "Caught some birdies earlier," he sings, "a chickadee that sang dee-dee-dee, a finch, a robin..." How lovely that robin had been, how red-breasted. How sweet its blood tasted when he carried it back to camp, licked his lips as he dropped it onto the fresh-kill pile but resisted into the urge to dig in. This birdy would feed other warriors, proper warriors, or apprentices or darling kittens — his sister's kittens, even — and Blueberry has a second home to go back to when the daylight's done. So he can't be pickin' at their pickings, no siree.

"What about you?"

Mmm, the sun feels so goooood on his back. It's nice when things slow down like this. Nice to have the chance to just talk.

// as noted by the tag thing, please don't respond unless your character would be nice to blue!!

UPDATE: i've been informed that his littermates are missing. please assume he's just completely in denial ​

Last edited:
Drizzlepaw halts as one of his clanmates unceremoniously rolls next to him, as he blinks at the sudden closeness and breathes out a sigh as he's not trampled over. He hasn't interacted with Blueberrybounce that much before, if at all, and isn't quite sure what to make of the lively warrior. But, there's no reason to be rude even if he was taken aback by the other. Not that he has it in himself to be mean, anyways. "Hello..." he replies bashfully.

He's patient as the other rambles about his day so far, and chuckles as he recalls all the avian prey he had caught before their current interaction. "Impressive! I'm sure that'll feed a lot of warriors," he provides as praise. Drizzlepaw then takes a moment to lay down next to him, enjoying the sun's rays on his fur as well.

"I'm okay! Just...worried. I hope all the missing cats are okay..."
He wishes he could do something, but he's just an apprentice, anyways. He shakes his head and puts a smile back on his face. "I'm happy that I'm settling into the clan, at the very least. It's been nice." He's happy to have everyone else around, he thinks as he rolls around himself, purring.​

Reactions: ThistleBack
Curled like a snake, scowl upon his face pinched so hard you could count the lines on the bridge of his nose. His mind sails through his duties for the day, as heat rolls off his black bramble back and he wonders how his kids’ training was going. The thorny furs of his neck are pushed down as he rotates himself to groom, an act rare as an eclipse. Especially when the sun beams down, perhaps it’s the worst part of taking over Orangeblossom’s duties. Having more daylight hours, he much preferred the lowlight of the afternoon and night.

He’s stirred and distracted by the near conversation, as Blueberrybounce turns on his spine and speaks cheerily to the grey apprentice on sucessful catches. Thistleback drinks in the pleasant scene with a sense that moments like these are fragile, he often felt like a hammer dropped in glass in these situations, but he appreciated them. Even if some thought he was some sort of lurking beasty ready to turn like a rabid dog. He felt the faintest smile tug on his scowl.

" birds and moles, are.. perhaps the most fun to catch " he voices, his tone scratched but eloquent as he cleans the dirt from between the hard stony knuckles of his toes. " I’m most happy to hear that, Drizzlepaw. " he recalls the kid’s first approach on the border, determination meant more than success at the right times. " just wait, you’ll blink and your warrior ceremony is called under the stars. " he promises, the flow of time and the home around them would be forever.

Thistleback might be a stony guy, but it’s moments and cats like this that made it worth fighting for. That made it okay to be what he was.

• MqZ0nzd.png

Thirty-seven moons EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan since 12.22.22
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22 | polyamorous
    Father of Coyotepaw, Pricklepaw, and Eveningpaw.
    — mentoring Snowpaw graduate(s) Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png

• Love
Reactions: RoseTintedMoon
Blueberrybounce's strain of concern about his kin is one that Orangeblossom shares; he's the youngest, left by his lonesome by his siblings going missing as well. The trek to their nighttime home had turned up nothing, no sign of either cat nor anything to show that they were locked in the twoleg den ... The song of her brother wafts across the camp, and the ginger-and-white deputy turning brown eyes towards him only to find him sunbathing and chatting to Drizzlepaw. At least he'd managed to keep his spirits up.

"We won't have any birds left to hunt in greenleaf if you catch all of them now." Orangeblossom pushes at her brother's shoulder gently on her way past the two, whiskers twitching, wondering if the force of it will knock him sideways and turn him from his sunbathing. There's a glimmer of mischief in her eyes, one really only ever present around her kin, as she continues, "But well done."

She continues her trek across camp, pausing next by Thistleback as he offers a comment of his own favoured prey to hunt. Birds and moles ... yeah, that sounded about accurate. Amused but genuinely curious she asks her temporary replacement, "Is it because you need to go digging to find them?"

•  
  • orangeblossom.png
    orangeblossom. tags.
    — she/her, skyclan deputy.
    — mentor to eveningpaw.
    — attack in #e08550. uses trees as an integral part of her fighting style.
    — mean enough to note that her thoughts don't reflect my opinions as a writer haha.
    — penned by mercibun; @ me in any official tabbytales discord for plots. :]
    — art by merc!<3