private RED SKY AT MORNING ⋆ FLAMEWHISKER

Wolfwind lays with her chin to the ground, paws splayed every which way in her boredom. No longer was she dreary - eyed, unable to manage a word with her fat tongue. She's had enough sleep to last her several moons, she thinks, and now she's keen to do anything else. To run, to hunt, to run her mouth, even. To anyone who gave her the chance, she was somewhat thankful, and she perks when a potential opportunity comes to her on flaming feet.

" Flamewhisker! " she lifts her head calls, and her paws knead at moss and loam, the click click click of her claws audible to her, and her alone. " Come to visit little ol' me? " Some strain of boredom, but she's fine— she's well. And she would insist such with her smile, wide and toothy. The right corner of her lip twitches somethin' fierce, one side of her face clearly off from the other. She hasn't seen it; not yet. She knows it's bad, from the looks folks give her, but she can't bring herself to care. It's all web - bound anyways, and she could save the surprise for a rainy day.

" I get it now— Your not wanting to sit still. I'm gettin' antsy here, " she says, chittering not the most steady of laughs. Where had she gotten that from? Recalling something, something, wanting freedom... Flamewhisker's litter? Kits? Oh, she could never do that. She didn't have the time. A pink tongue swipes across her maw, meanwhile a paw keeps fiddling at the ground. " Real brave of you, puttin' that on yourself. " If it was up to her, she'd be outta here, but uncle Berry is stern— sterner than she's ever seen him, maybe.

And it doesn't matter, really; anythin' she says. She's talkin' just to talk. Most cats that see her would rather talk about herself, and she finds that she's hardly interested in any 'f that.
EpC61GT.png

• ooc: @Flamewhisker !!
  • [ AND THE ENCORE LASTS FOREVER . . . ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! LITTERMATE 2 LAKEMOON; KIN TO MANY.

SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    CURRENTLY 26 MOONS OLD AS OF 1.17.2024. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER.

Being confined to camp was a whole new level of boredom that she had experienced too many times. Her first few weeks here were spent in the very Medicine Den that Berryheart now made his home. The first few days of rest were always easy, sleep winning the battle between rest and energy. But after so many days of rest, idle paws made for anxious paws.

She had spotted Wolfwind sprawled about, and felt bad for her councilmate. It had been a few weeks since the patrol had returned with Wolfwind's torn body. She hadn't been in the camp at the time, but when she had returned, it hadn't taken long for the news to reach her. In the early days of Wolfwind's recovery, she had asked Berryheart how she was doing on her trips to visit Stormfeather, but for the most part she had tried to stay away since Berryheart didn't like his den crowded. Flamewhisker! Come to visit little ol' me? Flamewhisker's tail rose in greeting, and she held up a quick paw to signal One minute before slipping away back out into the clearing of the camp.

When she returned a few moments later, she carried a mouse in her jaws. It wasn't a big one, but it was decent sized for Leafbare. "Acornpaw caught it this morning, we wanted you to have it." she said softly, placing the body in front of the other molly. She then lowered herself backwards into a sit, and flicked her tail neatly over her front paws. Even though she tries not to, she finds herself glancing at Wolfwind's herb covered wound every so often. She can see bare flesh poking out from the webbed bandage, and the large size of it makes her gut feel uneasy.

Wolfwind's statement catches her off guard, she she tilts her head curiously. It takes her a few moments to realize she was talking about when she had kits. The lead warrior nodded, recalling how antsy she had felt. "I felt trapped, like I couldn't breathe. I love them dearly, but having to stay in camp for so long was torture." She remembered the few walks that her and Flycatcher had taken with another queen watching over their litter, but nothing compared to the freedom she had felt that first real time out of the camp. She flicked her tail, touching Wolfwind's shoulder briefly. "Rest is important though, you've earned it. Our clanmates are still alive because of you. And now you'll have quite the story to tell the future kits in the clan!" she added the last bit on, flashing her a light smile.
  • IMG_1727.png
    FLAMEWHISKER of THUNDERCLAN
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    — Lead Warrior of Thunderclan ; currently mentoring Acornpaw
    — she/her ; mated with Flycatcher
    — mother to Stormfeather & Falconheart
    — 28 moons ; ages on the 20th
    — Smells like dirt, old leaves, tree sap, faint hint of flowers
    — will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    "speech" ; thoughts ; attacks
    — penned by Icey ! ; link to tags
    — link to toyhouse

• Love
Reactions: WOLFWIND
Wolfwind tilts her head curiously as Flamewhisker promptly slips out of the den, raising a gesture that Wolfwind recalls well from her moons as an apprentice. One moment. One moment. She'd been too quick for just any cat. To think, she'd only fallen slower in her warrior moons! Sweet relief, that she was done and through with that. Flamewhisker reappears, a mouth in her jaws, and Wolfwind smiles at that.

( It's a bit guilty though, isn't it? Not so long ago, Wolfwind happily ate last at times, use to slim pickings for Leaf-bare. Now she was among the most urgently fed— healing bodies needed fuel, or something ). She wouldn't refuse. Couldn't refuse. If she ate, she just wouldn't do it in front of her. Graciously, Wolfwind accepts the prey with a twitch of whiskers, but she wouldn't dig in straight away... " Go, Acornpaw! She gonna be a warrior soon? " she asks with a note of surprise. It really... crept up on her, somehow. The warrior rubs at her wrists.

Okay, yeah. Maybe not the smoothest line of thoughts, this to being a queen— kits. Really, how did people do that? It takes a moment, but Flamewhisker humors her, in the end. Kind. Always has been. " Torture! " she repeats poignantly, as if this did not apply to her. ( And it certainly did, ha. ) " How come? What made it.... torturerous? " Maybe a bit strangely, she presses. Maybe cause she wondered if their reasons had been the same, despite different circumstances. And if they weren't, who did that make the better person? Not like that was a real question, or anything. It's not that simple, she knows. It wasn't a matter of who's better. Just... how much? How many? Maybe her mission was her own. And that's fine. She wouldn't less any less hard, if it wasn't.

She exchanges the smile, flashing teeth. Because of her. Because of her, she's happy that other cats think so. More than happy. They'd be happier than ever, with all she's realized. " I've rested enough for the rest of Leaf - bare, I think. " And then her grin presses into her eyes. " I'm happy to hear that... Real happy. "
EpC61GT.png

• F9lkaeB.png

• [ AND THE ENCORE LASTS FOREVER . . . ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! LITTERMATE 2 LAKEMOON; KIN TO MANY.

SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    CURRENTLY 26 MOONS OLD AS OF 1.17.2024. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER.