remember those seagulls from finding nemo? [temp closed/hunting]

Feb 14, 2023
john3.webp

MY WORLDS ON FIRE, HOW 'BOUT YOURS?
THAT'S THE WAY I LIKE IT AND I NEVER GET BORED."

”Oh, stars above- I didn’t think this through very well, did I?” he muttered to himself as he stared down at the small prey pile he’d managed to accumulate during his hunt that morning. A chipmunk, a bird, and vole. He’d had to stay out a bit longer than usual to get it, but when the prey had proven to be running his ambitions had soared- leafbare would be here within a few moons time, and the clan needed to be as well fed as possible for it.

And so a bird, became a vole, became a chipmunk.

And now he stood, with three pieces of prey he couldn’t carry all at once. The idea to just bury a piece to bring back later was there (something he'd done dozens of times in the past) but for some reason this time something felt different. Wrong. Not with the territory or anything like that, as there wasn't a single scent or shred of evidence that would point towards anything being off, it was just... him. A nagging, stubborn anxiety that seemed to chide and pestering him as if he were a fool for leaving it unguarded. What if someone came along and took it? What if he forgot where it was and it went to waste beneath the dirt? No, he couldn’t risk leaving even a single piece behind…

OOC- temp closed! please wait until the thread opens before your reply- it wont take long!!! @Sorrelsong

Untitled53-20241014125724.webp