remembrance | twilight

B

BONERIPPLE

There is still a lot of healing that needs to be done. Yet despite these truths she has decided to go hunting and with another colony mate. One she has not thought would come with her. Personally she wants to forget about that battle and keep it at the back of her mind as she thinks on what they can possibly hunt, walking and walking. Circumventing the Great Rock till they end up in the fields of the moorlands. Her breathing releases from her chest and she needs to take a break. Just a moment of respite to regain her stamina as she glances back to look towards Twilight then. Her tail curls against her body, white limbs shifting before she finally speaks up. "This place seems like good hunting. Maybe we can find some shrews or voles here. Even a rabbit or two." Though she doubts with how banged up she is that she will be able to fo much with rabbits. She is more keen on sneaking up on them then giving chase.

The sun is high over head and it warms her back as she attempts to stretch herself out. Wincing lightly at the stretching of her wounds. In time they will get better. In time things will become normal again and they can all live their lives. At least that is what she hopes for but after such a calamity things will not be so easy again.

@TWILIGHT
[ PENNED BY RHOS ]

Last edited by a moderator:
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Leaving camp is no longer a joy, but a chore she must force herself to complete with shuffled paws and downcast eyes. Dull green eyes see the world through a mist of grief, and the details are hard to make out--every leaf is a blur, every shadow a bush. Nothing looks the same to her now. Their territory is as much a stranger as it had once been a friend worth fighting for.

Two black and white she-cats make their way through the marsh. The one is dutiful, stoic despite her pain, and the other moves as though caught in a trance, a dream. Twilight barely notices when Bone pauses, and certainly does not register that they've left the swamp entirely until she stops alongside the other. Firm earth and sweeping grasses blown by gusts of wind surround them.

"Fine," Twilight agrees. With visual reluctance, she parts her jaws and tastes the air. Rabbit. She'd caught a rabbit for Ash once, long enough. His first taste of freshkill. And his own catch with Sandra, the vole...

Her gusts twist. She doubles over and wheezes for a moment. "I--I don't know if I can do this," she whispers gratingly. She closes her eyes against the wind and the battery of memories that threaten to overwhelm her. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come. I just... I thought... if I..."

I thought if I returned to normal then the world would go back to how it should.
She fails to find the words to explain herself to Bone. She's useless, but she can't go back now. They're stuck out here in the moor, injured, raw.
✦ PENNED BY MARQUETTE.

A fine greets her ears, an agreeance with the circumstances given to the and she also nods her head to confirm this once more. She is about to slink into the tall grass when the wheeze happens and she looks back to Twilight. For a moment she stares at her, looking at her doubled over form and the way in which she speaks. Her tail tip twitches and she remembers. She remembers Ash. He was her son. She looks over the moorlands and she frowns at the fact that this is her fault for not being considerate enough. For bring the molly here despite everything that has happened. She knows better but for some reason she is out of her own mind and not thinking about others. The molly realizes that she has not lost anyone during the battle, she has not lost anyone close to her. Or....has she even been close to anyone to begin with. It startles her slightly that train of thought before she shakes herself roughly and looks back to Twilight once more. It's pain...it will hurt. She knows this but what can she do to help. The woman is a mother...shares her own mother's name. Both gentle...at least from what she can remember of her own and she takes in a deep breath.

"No..no. It's okay. I shouldn't have brought you here. Everything is still so fresh and..." Why is comforting someone else so hard for her? It looks easy when others do it and she frowns a little, shifting before she slowly sits down and wraps her tail around herself. Think of something, anything to make her feel better about this horrid situation that she now has to live in and she flicks her ears back. "It's hard I'm sure. But Ash is with those starry cats, familiar faces. They will look out for him and I'm sure it's better than things down here. It has to be Twilight...." She grimaces slightly and looks away to the fields that hold nary a prey but perhaps a rabbit here or there. The starving that will continue till the prey repopulate.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Twilight slowly raises her eyes to meet Bone's flaming gaze. The stoic molly has relaxed her posture to sit beside the grieving queen, tail around her white paws. "Don't blame yourself," she says softly. She lifts her head somewhat, considering what Bone is telling her.

Her son had come back to her that day, if only briefly, his dirty-looking white dappled fur glowing, ethereal. He'd looked at her so kindly, with more love than he'd ever shown her shining like twin moons in his amber gaze. "I'll always be with you, Mother. It's okay. It doesn't hurt anymore."

What she had wanted to tell him is that it did still hurt. It would always hurt, and she knows that. Is it meant to be a comfort, that Ash walks in a world she cannot reach--exists in a form she cannot hold? Her lower jaw trembles as she gazes back at Bone.

"I hope you're right." It's empty, but something inside of her appreciates what the other femme is telling her. Twilight is not the only one who had lost someone that day--their own leader is grieving the father of her children, Bone's own sister. Poor Frog's Ribbit has lost his littermate--Gecko and Toad share her grief.

She sighs. "The stars... do you think..." she hesitates. She does not know how to articulate herself, but she goes on. "Do you think they are... always watching us? Do you think they know how... we..." She loses her composure briefly. A tear slips down a white cheek. "Know how we feel?" Her voice cracks, but she maintains her eye contact. She must not fall apart. She must not--not if he's watching her.
✦ PENNED BY MARQUETTE.