RESONANCE [SICK]

The clouds dappled the heavens and the light breeze of the morning ruffled her coat. Her cold chambray gaze drifted towards the apprentice den, giving herself a moment before she gathered the child of Lichenstar and Hazecloud. Gladefrost takes a moment as moves to her paws and treads past the elder's den, glancing inside as she watched as the others mingled and her gaze dropped to the prey they shared. The seconds after following in pursuit are a disaster for her mentally and physically. Her stomach tosses and turns at the sight of the prey - it feels as if she was feeling herself being the prey they chewed on. The chewing of the meat, licking of lips and everything made her sick to her stomach.

Glade's stomach churns and seconds later, she pukes. Her lips purse as she sluggishly moves to the shallow waters, lapping at the water to remove to horrible taste of bile in her mouth. This scene seemed all too familiar, and it reminded her of someone - Robinheart. Her heart stops for a moment and she realizes that she has been putting on weight more than usual: her muscular frame slowly becoming round in the stomach area. Was that why she was so tired recently? Was she... pregnant? Glade instantly thinks of Slateheart and she wonders if any of them would look like him, just like Robin and Brook's kits were perfect mirrors of each other?

She puts a paw to her mouth as tears prick at her eyes that she disguises between a powerful squint. I believe we're going to have kits, my moon. The warrior thinks and she can't help but hate herself. They would never grow to know their father and it was a selfish reason in the end - she'd grown to love someone who wasn't from Riverclan. Regardless of if she tried, her heart and thoughts were constantly filled with the obsidian tom that ran across the moors. She was obsessed with seeing his gaze that reminded her of the forest and trying to balance her mentor duties, especially with Twinklepaw slacking. Gladefrost could only hope that she could train Eveningpaw better before she had to be sent to the nursery.

• Wow
Reactions: ixora
MAYBE I'D BE A SAINT IF I WEREN'T ————————————​

The unfortunate noise of retching has Snakeblink’s ears pinning back, and he twists in place to glance at the source of it. His brows crinkle at the sight of Gladefrost drinking water, a queasy and worried look on her face. His overanxious mind immediately thinks, sickness -- stars, not another plague, before he ropes it back with a wry grimace. No, probably not. Besides, it was only the one time: an incident more easily explained… otherwise. Although he does not remember seeing her close to any tom, does he?

”Ah, Gladefrost--” He clears his throat as he pads up closer to the molly. ”Are you well? Would you like me to fetch Moonbeam?”

——————————————————————————————————— so god damn lonely

• 2h3Dnip.png

Snakeblink • he / him. 56 ☾, riverclan warrior
    — a sleek, skinny tabby with long ears and a scar over his right eye.
    — gay, not actually evil, penned by @Kangoo

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- The medicine den had been rather- quiet. Magpiepaw was the only one in the den at the moment it seemed like and Moonbeam had other priorities of course, so it spent most of the time alone and thinking. They thought about what they wanted out of their life, what path they needed to go down, and how much remembering things hurt now. Like a migraine would pop up whenever it would think too hard on something in the past. Though this was a topic they’d breach with Moonbeam at a later time and they found themselves standing up from their nest.

The young black and white cat ventured out of the medicine confines in time to hear sickness being retched onto the ground. They furrow their brow and look up from the ground they’d been staring at for their sister, Gladefrost. She puts a paw up to her mouth after she had lapped at water, and it feels a mixture of concern for its sister and angry. Why hadn’t she gone to someone sooner? Was it another sickness to rage through here?

Magpiepaw watched as Snakeblink approached Gladefrost, and seems to ask if shes okay. So, it decides to do the same as this was their sister after all. Also this slight fear of loosing her blossomed in the back of its mind. Their mother had only been ‘just sick’ for moons before she passed, was the same illness to befall Gladefrost? No, they wouldnt let her. She couldnt die! She couldnt-

Gladefrost?” They echo Snakeblink as he clears his throat to offer fetching Moonbeam. Magpiepaw is less gentle with their words as they snipe out, “You need to see someone, you can’t just get sick in the middle of camp” Their tone is laced with worry even if their words were less than ideal.

• Speech
  • MAGPIEPAW they/it, Apprentice of Riverclan, 11 moons.
    a long haired black and white cat with blue eyes and a lithe build, long legs and narrow muzzle.
    Sibling to Gladefrost and Frecklepaw // Friend to Mothpaw, Midnightash and Turtlepaw // Mentored by Hawkcloud
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by you@wolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

She has grown accustomed to rising early - her time in the medicine den training her to wake with the dawning sun and stretch her weak leg muscles. Now that she resides in the nursery once more she finds she still wakes early - though getting up is a challenge when she is surrounded by the warmth of her kits.

Robinheart is silently grooming a tangle from the fluff of her chest when she hears the telltale sound of retching. Her ears perk and gingerly she rises to her paws (moving slow as to not allow her hind leg to buckle) and steps out of the nursery. Surprise alights citrine eyes when she realizes just who had been sick.

Are you…?

She doesn’t continue the thought, it’s not her place to bring forth a question that may not even be true. Robinheart would let Moonbeam diagnose Gladefrost - that was her area of study after all. Instead she limps to her friend’s side and aims to gently brush her tail tip against the warrior’s flank. I’m here. I’m here if you need anything, her gentle eyes read, unwilling to add more to the conversation as to not overwhelm the poor sick soul.
[ penned by kerms ]

she hears it moreso than sees — turns her head away politely all the same, a grimace twitching at the pale corners of her maw. the sound of retching is unmistakable, the corner of her eye flashing red as gladefrost peels away suddenly, stumbles towards the shallows to lap at still waters like a cat starved. snakeblink slinks forward with a murmur of concern, an offer to fetch moonbeam from her den ; she thinks, maybe, it would be more worth to take the ailing molly to moonbeam rather than the other way around. she looked haggard, a little shell - shocked, as if suddenly nervous. shellpaw could certainly understand that . . she didn’t like throwing up, either.

magpiepaw approaches admonishingly, and shellpaw shoots it a look, ” she didn’t mean to, i’m sure. “ it was embarrassing enough, wasn’t it?

strawberry hues shift back towards the apprentice’s sister, ears flicking back a little as robinheart approaches and attempts to exchange what the girl is too young to understand. she sniffs, worrisome ; was there something wrong, something that she wasn’t getting? was something wrong with the prey they were eating? maybe gladefrost got something bad . . ” i — i’ll check the freshkill pile. it’s real hot, maybe some, some of the fish are turning . . “ she offers softly, shooting robinheart a curious glance over the drinking mollys head.

78127991_CB8CUpPRXAUSuLM.png
  • i.

• 84241097_QQbCg8eRrSlAAa4.png

• SHELLPAW 𓆉 SHE / HER. TEN MOONS OLD, APPRENTICE OF RIVERCLAN, MENTORED BY LICHENSTAR ; SMELLS LIKE SALT & RIVER BLOOMS. HAZECLOUD xx LICHENSTAR, NIECE TO SMOKESTAR. PENNED BY ANTLERS ----------------- ° ❀ ⋆
    frail alabaster molly with lilac striping and watery amber eyes.
    78128298_wohFIHxKbNARetE.png
    she is pallid ; platinum splotched with ribbons of dovey lilac curls, wisped ends like memories of a distant shore and plush enough to conceal the juts of malnutrition beneath. tufted elderdown fur conceals a body worn fragile by tumultuous youth, too thin in some places and round with baby fat in others. her face is short - muzzled, framed half mast by eyes coined rheumy, rosen amber. the anemic cold pink - purple at tender paws and nose tell a lifetime of sickness, further made obvious by the feathering weakness in half - whispered tones.
    CHRONICALLY ILL ; prone to wheezing, nose at a constant drip from longterm illness - induced nasal polyps. not contagious.

Yq7syjf.png

AN EYE FOR AN EYE, A LEG FOR A LEG. A SHOT IN THE HEART DOESN'T MAKE IT UNBREAK
jFAjt8v.png

࿐ ࿔*:・゚ — Beefang had been curled comfortably into her nest alongside her mate but the sound of someone emptying out their belly makes her wince immediately already knowing that @Moonbeam would peel herself away from her side and the bicolored molly wants to be selfish, she wants to drape an arm over her to keep her there but the young warrior knows better than to do that. Instead, she grumbles as she pushes herself up onto her paws and uses her tongue to quickly swipe down at an unruly curl on her chest with her tongue. Beefang leans forward to groom the milky fur of her mate for a heartbeat or so, before she finally leaves the medicine den to see who decided to ruin their moment of peace. Beefang had been pleased when Moonbeam hadn't been able to go see that old scruffy tom from Thunderclan even if it didn't really help with her needing to be fully trained, she had mixed feelings over it.

Stupid Thunderclanners.

Her lone amber eye turning about wondering where the noise had come from and notices Gladefrost lapping up water, the way that clanmates began to flock over to the chocolate tabby and her pupil narrows. The molly seemed fine enough but she would leave that decision up to her mate, her eyebrow quirks noting the slight roundness to Gladefrost's form. Was she getting fatter? Maybe she should skip the morning fish... Beefang briefly thinks as her tattered ear flicks to the side in slight disinterest deciding not to say anything at all, Robinheart's already comforting Gladefrost and frankly, the river royal had never been close to the warrior to begin with. She presses her pelt against Moonbeam once more hoping that it was just a mere stomach bug and didn't need too much attention from her best friend.

Shellpaw offers to check if any of the fish had gone bad which causes the warrior to glance towards the skies and grimacing briefly at the heat beating down on them, thankfully, she didn't have a plush coat but due to the hue of her own pelt... It seemed to soak the sunlight a lot more than anyone else. "What do you think is wrong with her?" The bicolored molly mumbles quietly for Moonbeam's ears alone.

TBVEDlv.png

• WARRIOR SKILLSET;
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ HUNTING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧ TRACKING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ COMBAT
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ STEALTH
    ✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧ STRATEGY
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ SWIMMING
    ✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ CLIMBING
  • dOcsURU.png
    a shorthaired black smoke molly w/low white and a singular amber eye
    oftentimes comes off as untrusting of those around her, closed off, and not the easiest to engage in conversation with, she's not easy to befriend. distrusting of outsiders and will snap at you if y/c walks up to her on her blind side. all her opinions are IC only.
    14 moons old; ages the 10th every month
    asexual homoromantic; mated to moonbeam
    currently mentoring... roepaw ; formerly mentored by smokestar
    firstborn daughter of cicadastar and smokestar
    sister of cicadaflight and loveburn
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Eveningpaw has not been excited for training ever since she indirectly sent Magpiepaw to the medicine cat's den — only after unintentionally sending him to death's door. She mopes as much as she breathes, and does it more than she's ever did... the only memory of something similar is when Horizonkit had his name changed, though that one is understandable in Eveningpaw's eyes, even after the stage of acceptance had been reached.

When Gladefrost looks for her and Twinklepaw, she does not protest, despite every bone in her body willing her to do so. This was what she wanted, no? Gladefrost's time and attention. She is giving it to Eveningpaw, and yet she feels her stomach turn at the notion. Another chance to mess stuff up. Self-pity is not something she had ever thought she would allow herself.

Perhaps the entire thing radiates off her in strong enough waves to infect another. Eveningpaw's eyes widen as Gladefrost turns, and she hears the unmistakable signs of retching. Her own head tilts so she could give her mentor some resemblance of privacy, but it just makes her gaze land on Magpiepaw from a near distance, and she feels even worse. She should visit them soon... but maybe she should worry about Gladefrost first.

"It, um... happens, I'm sure." The attempt is wholly half-hearted. She does not ask if Gladefrost is okay, considering Snakeblink has already asked, and everyone else is trying to get her to see Moonbeam. Eveningpaw ignores the fact that her idea stems from equally selfish and selfless reasons. "If you're feeling sick, I can stay in camp... change the beddings or look for ticks, or something."

—————————————————————⊰✿⊱————————————————————
Such a strange feeling to be on the other side of a scene she once played herself. Hazecloud had found herself surrounded only mere moments after experiencing her first round of pregnancy symptoms, which is the only cause for her suspicion from where she stood. Hazecloud may have only had her first time experience, but she had seen the pattern repeated so many times after (four times? in one season?) that she would not be surprised if Gladefrost was ready to join Claythorn and Robinheart next moon.

And speaking of the tortoiseshell- the deputy locked eyes with her for just a moment in mutual understanding, before moving towards her daughter. "How responsible of you, Evie." Hazecloud nudged her shoulder with her head in warm greeting. "If you stay in camp, then I don't mind taking Twinklepaw out on your patrols today, Gladefrost. But before that..."

If this really was the bad-prey-bogeyman, that needed to be addressed. "I want someone to inspect the prey pile with me. Like Shellpaw said, greenleaf's heat has still been strong. I'll want the prey rotated out from the bottom more frequently, please." She's sure it will keep Eveningpaw just that much busier while she stayed home.

•  

• 73582445_EEfwz37mLUqnNP7.png
    Hazecloud
    —⊰⋅ Deputy of RiverClan
    —⊰⋅ She/Her
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ LH blue smoke with green eyes.

WATCHING YOUR
PRETTY SMILE SO WARM
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
frecklepaw & 11 moons & trans. fem & she/they/it & riverclan apprentice
82895698_C6PrNYz74hHmaZx.png
Frecklepaw should... do something, shouldn't she? And yet pale paws remain rooted to the ground, watching as cats fuss about her sister. It isn't that she's not worried - stars, of course she is - but... something stays her paws. Maybe its guilt, or maybe its jealousy. Gladefrost was her sister, and yet sometimes Frecklepaw hardly recognizes her anymore.

" I'll help, " she says instead, listless gaze turning to the deputy as she turns her back upon the scene. Magpeipaw is comforting their sibling anyways - she isn't needed here.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
I L O S E M Y C O O L , W H E N I G E T E M O T I O N A L

Her retching had quickly caused a commotion and her clan mates gathered around her, which caused uneasy to swirl in her stomach. Suddenly, it felt as her paws were stuck in mud and she was the center of attention which she hated. Snakeblink inquires about her wellbeing and asks if he should grab Moonbeam, which is also agreed by her sibling. ”I'm fine,” Gladefrost responds towards the two as a familiar coat brushes against hers and her chambray gaze catches sight of Robinheart. The reflection of Robinheart's pure hearted citrine gaze shows only support, and it makes her tastebuds run sour. Would she still look at her with the same gaze if she knew?

”Mm. That's a good idea, Shellpaw.” The rosette tabby would murmur as she offers a soft smile towards the younger girl. Her gaze shifts between her apprentice and nods her head in agreement. Eveningpaw did seem to be taking it rough after the fox incident. ”It should be fine but check just in case... it is hot today. We can just talk about Riverclan's history or something, have a relaxing day.” Glade would murmur towards Eveningpaw while also agreeing with their deputy's suggestion.

The sight of her little sister catches her eyes, and she offers a weak smile. Frecklepaw seemed to be distancing herself while blaming herself for the rogue incident, maybe. She could only hope that her sister would be happy and find someone they loved and cherished, much as she did. They would make a great warrior one day - just like Magpiepaw. It would be nice to see their warrior ceremony when the day came, of course.