pafp resting comfortably — fatherhood

make peace with your broken pieces .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
For the first time, Whitelion had nearly argued, forced to watch his mate and kits leave his eyesight to rest in the heart of ShadowClan’s camp. He was thankful for ChilledStar, but it left him more stressed than he’d let on. It was times like these that the warrior was thankful for Oakfang’s presence keeping him distracted from the terror that gripped his heart. We will return home. He had faith. Not in StarClan, perhaps, but in his clan’s will to return home.

He was a ghost amongst the dark colors, sticking out like a sore thumb making it difficult to hunt, but he prevailed, if not for his resilience, but to keep his mind side-tracked. Was Spiderlily alright? His kits? He sighed, golden gaze crinkling at the silliness. It came with being a mate and father, no doubt.

Glancing at Tybalt’s frame—familiar when the other had offered leaves to his kits, their first time out of the medicine den to explore the wonders of camp.

If only they hadn’t been attacked.

“Have you ever thought of becoming a father?” He inquired, glancing at the other, tone rumbling.

/ backwritten when the clans were still at the burnt sycamore ! please wait for @Tybalt [Stagstrike]
thought speech

Tybalt lay settled next to Whitelion, unconsciously grinding his teeth as he gazed out at the unfamiliar ShadowClan camp. He'd been keeping away from the rival clan cats as best he could, still feeling uneasy at having had to leave their camp. Logically he knew there were more rogues than they could've possibly taken on. He had been the last to flee, even as he watched himself become more and more outnumbered. He had never fled from a fight before. He entered each with the knowledge that he would either succeed or die trying to, and this time he had done neither. It felt like a show of weakness. Something he never showed anyone, not if he could avoid it.

And then Whitelion spoke, jolting him from his thoughts. Of course he'd thought about it. After his parents had died, he thought about it more often. He'd like to have some sense of family again someday, but it seemed a distant concept to him.

"Sure I have," he answered. "I'd like to be someday. I just haven't met the right she-cat I suppose."