revival | figpaw

Coyotecrest

sometimes I lose my way
Sep 7, 2022
Angry at all the things I can't change
Laying within the crook of a low hanging branch is the former windclanner. His hind leg dangles idly off the ledge as he nibbles upon the remnants of a squirrel. The bone lolls around in his mouth, picked clean as he stares quietly across the horizon as the sky bleeds a mixture of mandarin orange and magenta. The sun was setting and soon, before long, most would end up retiring to their nests. Although as of late he has prefered staying in the trees. Mint green eyes trail down below, making sure the way is clear before carefully descending and leaping down. He still needed to bury the inedible parts of his prey. Flaxen paws churn at the soil, working the ground until the leftovers are successfully covered and then turns to make a beeline to his nook up in the trees. Along the way he crosses paths with the familiar golden form of Figpaw, his stomach twisting uncomfortably at the sight of Daisyflight's daughter. "Excuse me..." He mutters in a low voice, nearly inaudible as he attempts to move around her to get back to his branch of solitude. (@FIGPAW)
when you're lost in the universe don't lose faith

IMG_0038.gif

It felt humiliating to be doing this but… feeling humility wasn’t always a bad thing, it was strong, mature! That’s what Figpaw had to tell herself in order to swallow her disdain and accomplish this. Though she could no longer climb trees, she wanted to be the best warrior she could for SkyClan, and thanks to his past Coyotepaw might have some tricks up his paw to help her.

Excuse me… he mumbles before stepping off to the side to get around her, only she follows his steps and blocks him. ”Actually… I wanted to talk to you.” Figpaw says, matter of factly. ”I want to become the best warrior I can be for my clan, and since I can no longer climb I’m stuck to chasing on the ground now.” She explains, wondering if Coyotepaw could guess where this was heading.

”I’m sure… you’ve picked up a thing or two about ground hunting, yes?” She won’t get into his WindClan past now, for once it doesn’t matter to her. ”Could you show me the skills you’ve picked up?”

55417772_ks6HUyroX73gwyT.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· FIGPAW, AMAB — she / her
╰ ‣ 11 moons .
╰ ‣ skyclan apprentice . believes in starclan

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like pine nettles & sap, status — 100%
╰ ‣ A red tabby she-cat with orange eyes. Mangled right hind leg.

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ENFP-A ❝
CAMPAIGNER❞ , Gryfindor, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Excitable, generous, caring, quick-to-act, distrusting, resentful
╰ ‣ finds relative ease relating to others . kind-hearted, will show mercy
╰ ‣ cats of windclan blood or those she deems morally inferior will be met with her ire

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· NPC X DAISYFLIGHT, sister to Greenpaw, Violetpaw, Snowpaw & Butterflypaw
╰ ‣ Pansexual . mistakes admiration for romantic feelings
╰ ‣ Crushing on Fanta
╰ ‣ Apprentice to Tallulahwing
╰ ‣ good fighter . excellent hunter .
╰ ‣ unlikely to start fights . will flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

He only manages several steps before he notices the molly pursuing him and for a moment he braces himself for the worst as she intercepts his path. "Figpaw...I don't want any trouble." Coyotepaw drawls carefully, emitting a tired sigh. Hesitantly meeting her gaze he takes a step back she she continues to stan in his way. He was doing well in Blazestar's eyes, he could not afford to suffer from and mishaps now. However, rather than words of scorn his ears are met with a cry for help. Emerald eyes steal a peek at her mangled leg. He didn't know the full extent of what happened to her nor had he paid her consistent ground dwelling any attention before now. But now that she more or less drew attention to it he understanding why she was seeking help. But why from him and not one of the former loners that now inhabited the clan?

The unspoken question causes his lips to pull into a frown as he takes another step back. There is a simmering flare of irritation hidden beneath the waves of his confusion. He felt used. That she was only being cordial because she wanted something from him. What would happen once he showed her? Would she go back to her usual chiding? He didn't want to find out. Perhaps he could work his own soft demands into this deal. She wanted something from him and he wanted a normal life again. "Alright," He mumbles. Looking elsewhere momentarily he steels his nerves, before turning back to finish his statement. "But you can't belittle me anymore. Deal?" Coyotepaw questions, ears angled slightly back.

IMG_0038.gif

Really? He agreed?
But you can’t belittle me anymore. Deal?
Figpaw opens her maw to get defensive, ”Belittle? I don’t-“ She bites her tongue, not entirely sure if there was any defending herself. She has been… mean to Coyotepaw, even if she did think it was fair of her to be she doesn’t like that descriptor for herself. Mean. Belittling. That’s not the type of cat she is, and the idea she’s perceived that way even if it was by Coyotepaw takes a swing at her heart.

So she swallows any words of defense for herself and nods, ”Deal.”

The two felines would then traverse outside of camp to begin their training, Coyotepaw’s guards were likely a short distance behind. The flame colored she-cat cannot help but wondering if it was tiring not getting much for privacy… Still she does not verbalize her sympathy. ”How should we start?”

╰ ‣ 11 moons .

· ENFP-A ❝
╰ ‣ cats of windclan blood or those she deems morally inferior will be met with her ire

╰ ‣ Crushing on Fanta

Much to his own relief and surprise she accepts the terms of his binding contract. A fresh new start for both of them. Their walk outside of camp is swift but silent, a single guard accompanying him closely due to Blazestar's orders. Once far enough Figpaw prompts a question causing a hum of thoughtfulness to wash over him. How could he teach her something that felt so natural to him? "The main thing would be to strengthen your speed and endurance..." He murmurs, glancing ahead to a relatively vast and less dense field. It would work well enough for what he wanted to do. "Without those key components you won't catch anything. Maneuverability should come naturally the more you practice."

The length of his tail flicks decisively as he turns to meet her gaze again. "Rabbits run is a game played in windclan to hone our skills...I think it would help you. We'll race down to that treeline and then sprint back. I think doing this several times a day will build you up enough. As time goes on I'll make our courses more difficult. By then you'll have no trouble catching ground prey." Lowering himself into a proper racing stance he waits for her to do the same before continuing on.

"Ready. Set. Go." Kicking off on powerful hind legs Coyotepaw propels himself forward, limbs outstretched to maximize the length of his stride as he tears down the viridian path. "Remember to breathe!" He calls over whistling winds, risking a moment to glance back at her before looking ahead again. A single cream paw touches the area that marks the treeline before pivoting to sprint back to where they started.

IMG_0038.gif

Figpaw absorbs Coyotepaw’s words without much trouble. She found it odd to hear that WindClan played games, it was difficult imagining the moorland clan doing anything but showing their fangs and fighting.

His plan of action seemed promising, Figpaw could see this leading to improvement in her skills. With a nod of agreement she accepts the game and lowers herself into a “ready” position. On his demand she sprints off, it was awkward and wobbly with three legs, but she was far from slow. Yet, nowhere close was she to Coyotepaw’s speed, despite how hard her paws pounded against the ground she could not catch up to him!

At his reminder to breathe she feels her lungs burn, she does her best to draw in deep breaths. Coyotepaw is already racing back when she reaches the treeline, but she refuses to give up. She may lose but she has determination to finish this race. Spinning around she storms after him.

It doesn’t take her too long to meet him at the finish, she lets out a few gasps for air and begins to pant. Despite her exhaustion she looks to him and asks, ”Again?”

╰ ‣ 11 moons .

· ENFP-A ❝

╰ ‣ Crushing on Fanta