RICH MANS WORLD [ plague ]

Jun 11, 2023
CALLIN' IT QUITS NOW ✧°.☀ ————————————
What Falconpaw knew of Plaguepaw was that the other apprentice had been spooked by his pelt and harassed by Cherry and others. Which, honestly, wasn't far off from what Falconpaw knew of himself. His pelt hadn't spooked him, but it definitely wasn't great to keep being told he smelled of dirt-places, either. His eyebrows twitched as the sun cascaded into camp. Greeneyes had given him the afternoon off, but he wasn't about to spend it laying around camp just snoozing or grooming himself. He paused, then turned his head to his right. Plaguepaw, with the white spots spreading upon his inky pelt, was also settled in camp. He tilted his head. "Hey, Plaguepaw." He mewed, simply in greeting. He glanced across camp, at a particularly orange leaf for the season settling onto the ground.

Falconpaw pushed to his paws, padding over to it. He nosed at it for a moment- it was a bit out of character, since it was greenleaf, and mostly pinetrees in this forest, but it wasn't uncalled for. His head tilted gently as he observed it. "Curious." He mumbled.

@Plaguepaw

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ BABY, I'M A WRECK

I've been trying not to
Sharp ivory teeth clasp and gnaw ravenously at the bone held between his paws, eager to strip the remaining flesh from his meal. The phantom licks his lips, tilting his head to grasp the meat at a different angle. Overly large ears perk and swivel at the sound of his own name, leaving turquoise eyes to drift in Falconpaw's direction. "Mphm..hey." He mumbles past a mouthful of prey. After a thick, hearty swallow he watches his fellow apprentice inspect a lone flame colored leaf. "What's so curious about it?" He asked idly, giving the bone a couple more licks before discarding it entirely. "It's just a leaf, amigo." he mumbles afterward, pulling himself to his paws and meandering over with a tilted head.
Go off the deep end

CALLIN' IT QUITS NOW ✧°.☀ ————————————
Falconpaw nosed at the leaf again, then picked his head up. Plaguepaw padded over, and he turned his head, blue eyes not blinking unkindly. "It's just.. early, is all. It's still really warm out, from what my Da' told me about the leaves falling." Falconpaw responded. He twitched his ears, before a tiny grin spread on his lips. He picked up the leaf, stepping closer to Plaguepaw. "Hold still." Falconpaw mumbled through the leaf.

His head ducked down, attempting to tuck the leaf into Plaguepaw's fur where it would stick and stay. Specifically, on his shoulder. Falconpaw danced back, observing the flame colored leaf tucked against black and- now white mottled fur. That grin spread on his lips, head tilting and curiosity satisfied. "It looks good, amigo! The orange with your dark fur..." Falconpaw nodded sagely. That was, perhaps, one of the first compliments he's given to his clanmates since arriving as a kit.

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ BABY, I'M A WRECK

I've been trying not to
Plaguepaw blinked with little understanding. Was the leaf not supposed to be this color? There is a small twinge of jealousy for a moment. That Falconpaw could remember details about his father. He knew nothing about his. The earliest of his memories leave him to recall a time swaddled in soft blankets and fussed over by careful twolegs. It made him wonder, what were his parents like? The thought however is shattered as his fellow apprentice draws close, asking him to remain still long enough to place the apricot shaded leaf within his grizzled fur. Twisting his head back to admire the new accessory Falconpaw admits how nice it looked on him. "Really?" He purrs in honest, tone raspy as he turns to face him. "Thanks. Uh, here, you need something too!" Blue green eyes skim the clearing of camp until he finds a wayward feather, blue and white with contrasting black lines. Bounding forward he plucks the item off the ground, rushing back to Falconpaw's side where he attempts to nestle it somewhere where it will stick.
Go off the deep end