private RIGHT HAND, LEFT HAND | bobbie

4d5460.png
  • @bobbie , retro to lungwort discovery
    4d5460.png
  • 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

orangeblossom | tags
    — she/her ; deputy of skyclan, mentoring eveningpaw.
    — scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes.
    "speech" ; thoughts
    — chibi by waluigipinball
    — penned by mercibun. @ me in any official tabbytales discord for plots.
    4d5460.png
The day is mild, and though they're still ascending the mountain, the progress is slow and Orangeblossom has found they're making even slower progress since the cliff ascent. With sore muscles and other injuries slowing them down, the able warriors have been hunting more often to keep their strength up. None of them know how far they are from StarClan's promised lungwort, though nearly a moon from home the deputy wonders how much longer this is going to take.

"You sure you feel up for hunting?" Orangeblossom asks Bobbie as they depart from the group, feline brows raising a little as her gaze is cast critically over the talon-wounds she'd sustained. They're healing nicely, from what little she understands of the process, but having had the itch to hunt when her own now-scars had been at that initial stage Orangeblossom knows they're in for a difficult time. "You aren't the only injured cat with us, Bobbie. You don't have to hunt."

Reactions: DOEBLAZE
MRMJFsu.png
4d5460.png

"sure, i don't mind," bobbie offers with a tentative smile, though a definitive ache has settled in the newly healing wounds raked over her neck and shoulders. she really doesn't—there's cats on the journey with much worse wounds, who can't hunt as much, and bobbie's perfectly willing to pull extra patrols if she must. she can still hunt with her injuries, after all, and while the disconcerting emptiness of her neck and the reality of even more scars is taking some adjustment, that won't impede her ability to catch prey (too much, she hopes).

"i guess, but—mine aren't as bad as some of the others'. we need to keep our strength up if we're going to find the lungwort after all," she voices, pale gaze glittering with determination. perhaps if she were back at home she'd spent a few sunrises extra resting her injuries, but out here, they hardly have enough prey as it is with the climate quickly growing more and more unfriendly as they continue higher into the mountains. she can only hope they find the lungwort soon, and she says so, "hopefully that's soon. these conditions aren't the most friendly, after all."

she dips into a frown for a moment, given that the "conditions" had nearly shredded her neck, but shakes it off to focus on the environment. parting her jaws to inhale the mild air, she catches the tail end of a familiar scent. it's almost as though they were back in skyclan for a moment, and she murmurs to orangeblossom, "do you smell quail? we could use one of those right now." thinking of a plump quail to help feed their group, bobbie glances back and forth between the sky and the ground.

4d5460.png

• 6TR0CBJ.png
    bobbie ; warrior of skyclan
    x. she/her ; 42 moons ; tags
    x. small, scarred lilac tabby and white she-cat with green eyes
    x. played by dejavu
    bobbie is a kittypet-born skyclan warrior who would die for her clan regardless of whose blood runs through her veins. perpetually self-assessing, she often finds herself short of who she wants to be. skyclan gossip, if it's to be believed, hints at something more than friendship between her and blazestar.