rites of passage [open/accessory]

QUILLSTRIKE

astronaut in the ocean
Aug 7, 2022
QUILLSTRIKE-1.png

NOW IN ITS' PLACE IS SOMETHING NEW
I HEAR IT WHEN I LOOK AT YOU​

Quill wasn't really a sentimental guy. He didn't cling to belongings or horde things in impressive collections. He hadn't even taken a keepsake from home when he'd left to join Skyclan. But for whatever reason he'd kept some of the bluejay feathers from his assessment, stashing them under his nest for no particular reason. That was, until Bananpaw found out about them. While she was still a paw and he was technically a warrior now, his feelings and thoughts toward the other hadn't changed- she was still one of his good friends, and they still hung out whenever they wanted.

And so, when the spotted shecat had discovered he was hanging onto the things, she'd forced him to go collect them and now, Quill was currently sitting there while she weaved the blue feathers into his fur, running down his neck and spine like a line of blue spikes. "Is this really necessary?" he asked, wincing as she gave a particularly rough tug on his fur somewhere along his back.

OOC- tag for @Bananapaw but feel free to post before them :D

skyclan - male - 12 months - bisexual - homoromantic - single - very tall tabby tomcat with broad shoulders

———————————————⊰⋅ ⋅⊱———————————————
nanananana.png
nanananana.png
While Quill had become a warrior, he still seemed interest in hanging out with her and talking to her so she took it as a win. That warriorhood wasn't the end all be all of everything relationship wise. Maybe now they could train together more? Quillstrike was one of the best fighters she had ever met and would love to learn any sort of fighting skill from her- that lead to her pinning that idea. She should ask Sharpeye or something about it later, or ask Quillstrike about it at a later date as now she was busy.

A little pink tongue stuck out the front of her lips as she methodically tried to place this feather into the others' rather short fur. Bananapaw only knew of the feathers just recently and had insisted on being the one to help put in the feathers for Quillstrike. They where beautiful blue jay feathers and matched the others' patched pelt so nicely, how could she not bug him about it? There was a little giggle from the she-cat as the tom complained about the nessecity of feathers.

"Of course, you're a warrior now, need a new look that screams warrior," She mused back to him as she finished up the last feather and took a breath she didn't know she had been holding in her focus, "Besides all your wiggling and complaining, they're done and might I say, they work wonderfully," The cream she-cat smiled sweetly at the warrior and bounced on her tiptoes in place a little bit.

speech
———————————————⊰⋅ ⋅⊱———————————————

QUILLSTRIKE-1.png

NOW IN ITS' PLACE IS SOMETHING NEW
I HEAR IT WHEN I LOOK AT YOU​

A look that screams 'warrior'. "I do?" he asked, not sure exactly why that would be the case, but not putting up any struggle or attempt to stop her from doing as she pleased.

Luckily thought it seemed his little torture session was over, because a moment later Banana was announcing that she was finished. Mismatched eyes turned to land on the tawny shecat to find her gazing up at him, bright and expectant, so he dutifully turned his attention to the line of feathers running down his neck and spine like little blue spikes.

"Cool." And while the word sounded as dull as ever, he did like it. The dark blue and black bands of the feathers matched his pelt pretty nicely, offering a more vibrant splash of color against the slate blue and off-black of his coat. And while he didn't know it himself, they also brought out the blue of his left eyes just a little.

"Thanks. Looks good." he said, looking back to Banana with a small smile to try and show his grattitude- even if it wasn't something he would have done on his own, he could admit it wasn't terrible.

skyclan - male - 12 months - bisexual - homoromantic - single - very tall tabby tomcat with broad shoulders

As he returned to camp with a scrap of a mouse in his jaws, thronged by the hunting patrol he'd been a part of, Twitchbolt's ever-wide gaze fell upon Bananapaw clambering all over Quillstrike. He hated the feeling that rose up in him, then- that unreasonable flare. He just- felt like she was always around him. Was he alright with it? oh, of course he was- Quillstrike wasn't the type to put up with things he hated. And besides, Bananapaw was perfectly lovely- she'd never done anything wrong. It was why he hated feeling strange at the sight.

Placing his mouse down, Twitchbolt attempted to force back that bile-like feeling- and it worked for the most part, his vision sliding across the feathers that dotted Quillstrike's back. Like his namesake- It was quite fitting, and it went well with his pelt, blue and black...

"Oh, cool!" exclaimed the bicolour tom, his neck twinging to the side in a twitch as he approached. It was no betrayal of a lie, though- his voice was sugared with sincerity. "It- it suits you. Where'd you get all those?" Had they gathered them together? Maybe he'd invest in one or two... though he didn't think it'd match him nearly as well.
penned by pin ✧

QUILLSTRIKE-1.png

ENERGY UP, YOU CAN FEEL MY SURGE​

His head snapped in the direction of a familiar voice, ears tipping forward at the compliment paid his way. Okay, maybe the feathers were kind of cool. Twitch thought so at least, which for some reason made him a little more eager to sport the things.

"You think? It was Bananas idea." the chimera admitted, giving credit where it was due. At the next question, Quill did hesitate a moment, finding the answer to be a little embarressing. He wasn't the sentimental sort after all, so it seemed silly that he'd indulged in such a thing, but...

"They came from the bluejay I caught during my assessment with Thistleback. They looked cool so I kept some." he admitted, hiding his uncertainty well.

skyclan - male - 12 months - bisexual - homoromantic - single - a very tall, dark chimera tomcat with mismatched eyes and several scars. has bluejay feathers woven like spikes along his spine and neck.