rose gold ☾ duckshimmer

⋆⁺₊ ☾ ⁺₊⋆ Swanpaw thinks they've made up their mind, now. Change is hard, but she knows it will be for the better. Maybe a little late, compared to her siblings but...

"I think I could be, I do..." the apprentice murmurs, casting a gaze to their reflection in the puddles left by melting snow. She looks a lot like her mother, but for the colors. It makes her smile. Even though all her clanmates already know her as a boy, maybe they can see her the same way she sees herself. "A molly, a molly... Will I be a pretty one...? Ah, I hope so..." Would the other girls still like her? They're all so lovely... Oh, how intimidating...

• @Duckshimmer
  • 65035420_GiaBine7dcKpkS2.png

"SPEECH"
  • SWANPAW ☁︎ she / they, apprentice of shadowclan, eleven moons.
    a pale, silky-furred cream tabby with droopy blue eyes.
    dreamy and detached, more ghost than cat. known for his perpetual sleepiness.
    halfshade x smogmaw, littermate to applepaw, garlicpaw, & ashenpaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

*+:。.。 Gender is a concept Duckshimmer is lucky to not have to worry about. Born a molly and comfortable with that label, she thrives in her femininity even as she ages. Though that doesn't mean she hasn't seen the darker side of womanhood - the way mollies more often than not get leered at, degraded, or...yeah. But that's not to say being a woman isn't a beautiful thing- in whatever way you express it, it's a club she's happy to find so much diversity within! No, Duckshimmer doesn't often think about gender, but she does occasionally find herself puzzling over the business of others', especially after her little one, Swallowpaw, came out as fluid herself. Polygender, she believes the identity is called. Duckshimmer can't lie, she doesn't entirely understand it, but perhaps she's biased - still so caught up in the miracle of having her little ones that it's...hard to give up on them no longer being little needy worms as they flesh themselves into real people with real identities...Like watching caterpillars preparing to spread their wings - a bittersweet but oh-so-beautiful sight.

And it would seem Duckshimmer has the pleasure of stumbling upon Swanpaw's transformation, as well.

The prim and proper woman blinks as she overhears Smogmaw's very own speak. At first, she wonders if the child is fantasizing about a crush, until the entire sentence suddenly hits the woman like a monster over the thunder path.

Swanpaw's wings are quite beautiful, Duckshimmer must say.

"Tut, tut, tut" Sings the chocolate torbie point as she steps delicately forth, "Will you be, ridiculous, little one! You speak as though you aren't already." With a sweep of her delicate tail, she brushes clean the spot right beside Swanpaw before taking her seat. She makes a big show of fluffing up her chest fur, winking at the young lady by her side, as though expecting her to follow in Duckshimmer's lead. "Can I let you in on a little secret, sweetheart?" she says, soft and conspiratorily. Theatrically, she looks around, before leaning in closer to Swanpaw so only her ears can pick up her whispered words, "The key to true beauty is confidence! I know, I know, how gracious am I to share this mystery with you!" she sighs dramatically, hoping to pull at least a smile from the lady beside her with all her antics

Resuming her self-pampering by grooming her leg, Duckshimmer would continue, "While it's certainly nice to have the glossy fur or the tiny paws of a stereotypical 'pretty lady', what truly draws the eyes is a smile. One that is confident and full of self-love is the kind of smile that brightens your features in a way no amount of grooming could compare! Ah, but what blessed features you already have my dear"

If Swanpaw hasn't signaled yet her discomfort with Duckshimmer's nosiness, then the woman would reach over and gently brush at Swanpaw's cheek, pushing aside some soft, downy fur. "Sharp ears for a quick wit, soft fur plush as new snow and just as warm to the touch as your heart, and my...look at those eyes of yours...Swanpaw, you need not fear for anything"

Duckshimmer's eyes soften, suddenly wishing it wasn't herself in this place but Halfshade. Duckshimmer hopes she's doing a good enough job in that poor mother's stead. After all, no mother should miss out on the chance to see their caterpillar bloom into a butterfly.

"My dear, you already are such a gorgeous molly"

• GENERAL:
    Duckshimmer
    DFAB— She/Her — Bisexual
    30 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Mother to Singepaw, Swallowpaw and Sneezepaw
    Shadowclan — Warrior

COMBAT:
    Physically hard | mentally hard
    Attack in bold #ffa98f
    injuries: None currently

• Love