camp RULE OF THIRDS | checkup

Oleanderkit

ARCADIA! ARCADIA!
Jul 20, 2024
Oleander has been sick. She didn't think she was, mostly because she had never been sick before, but the symptoms were becoming undeniable. Her nose ran, her red-rimmed eyes crusted with yellow gunk, her body shivered but was much too hot. She never even wanted to eat, which was annoying, because Lovage and the other queens always insisted that she did (and really, she knew she ought to, but she didn't think she could stomach it). But what is really annoying is that she now has to go into a new den just to get it checked out.

At least Mama is with her. Lovage sees the red-and-cream tom with a face fresh with injury; Oleander sees the pointed tom with closed eyes for her own illness. She does not recognize her rudeness when she asks, "Why are your eyes closed? You can fix me without your eyes open?" Her head tilts, but not before a phlegmy series of coughs bubble up through her throat. "Am I sick? I've never been sick before." Plumy tail swishes restlessly behind her. Though her curiosity is charming and kitlike, her anxiety for this visit is clear in her jittering forepaw and penchant for grinding her teeth together. She just hopes her Mama will tell her it's over soon.
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc. pinging @DAWNGLARE @Fireflyglow and @lovage ; no need to wait! takes place in the medicine den :- )
  • OLEANDERKIT —— kit of skyclan . lovage x laurel . littermate to birchkit and mercurykit ✦ penned by meghan

a willowy silver blue ticked torbie with low white and seafoam eyes. lonerborn, oleander struggles to learn the ropes of clan life while coping with anxiety and past trauma. may seem strange, and has unconventional hobbies.
    girl / she her pronouns / undiscovered sexuality / 02 moons & ages every 20th
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— will not start fights / will flee / will show mercy. a mere kitten, she cannot defend herself in battle.

"speech", thoughts, all opinions are in character
    full biography — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
The curiosity of a kit has always intrigued Fireflyglow. As long as they remained away from his and Dawnglare's herbs, they were fun to be around. He had never been fond of cats who were nosy. However, in this moment, he is tasked with looking over a kit with symptoms he knew all too well. For a kit this young, it was dangerous to let them get sick.

Her croaking voice calls out to him, questioning his shut eyes- Fireflyglow hums to himself in thought. "I can indeed fix you." He answers her patiently, a soft smile on his face as he readies a single piece of catmint. Her symptoms aligned with the diagnosis of whitecough, after all. "When I was younger, I lost my sight. I cannot view the world as you can." He finally answers her question, eyes fluttering open to reveal the milky whites to the young kit. He hoped it wouldn't scare her, he'd been told his eyes are pretty by others. But kits were always a hit or miss when it came to that topic.

He places the catmint onto a leaf, a dash of honey on top of it to curb the taste. "Eat this, little one. You will feel better soon." He mrrows with a soft chuckle, head tilting to the side. "It might be kind of gross, but the honey should help with the taste and make it easier to swallow. Might even help with that sore throat." He rolls his shoulders, sitting back to turn his head in the direction of Lovage. "You are sick, youngling. But, thanks to you coming to us as soon as possible, you'll feel better soon."
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT ✦ 24 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

Sniffing at unfamiliar pelts is not new to him now... It is no good use of his energy, to stress over who exactly enters his den... So long as moor - scent did not cling to them — so long as if it must, it would be snuffed with the rasp of a tongue, it bothered him none. SkyClan kits were unfortunately, not exclusive in their repulsive nature. Sickness helps this none — it makes it unsightly, with bulging, crusted eyes and a frail little body. Dawnglare's paws take strange paths, jutting suddenly to avoid proximity to her like. When she coughs, the sound is like gluttonous beasts scrabbling at the walls of her throat, claws seeking purchase, welling up — but finding none. Dawnglare's peeped ugh is audible.

He is more than happy to leave this sniveling thing to the likes of Fireflyglow. Carving a careful path around the kit, he sets eyes on her mother instead. These wounds are old, untreated, left to turn pink - grey in the burnishing sun... " Why, aren't you lucky? " he remarks. Had something nasty wriggled into her wound early on, she would not be here to bare the ugly things to him today... Nor would this littleling be leaving spittle every which way as she were... " Has she been hungry at all? " with a grimacing maw, he asks. And suddenly the contagious nature of sickness is keen in his minds eye. An accusatory glance narrows toward the mother. " Have you been? "

t4HGVVO.gif
"I can indeed fix you." The seal-pointed tom advances with a strange green thing, and Oleander can only sit and watch and listen and bristle. He had lost his very sight! His eyes! The things through which he viewed the world! She could not imagine forfeiting such a valuable sense, intentionally or not. When Fireflyglow reveals his eyes to her, she stares into that pale blue expanse, realizing that he does not see her back. "Well I'm sort of white and gray and orange," she informs him, "and mama is gray and orange and black mostly." Very vital information. He would be lost without her guidance, surely.

As would she be lost without his! Or sicker, at least. But as Fireflyglow pushes the catmint towards her, Oleander finds her nose wrinkling more and more severely, until her muzzle looks like a fuzzy frontal lobe. Glacial gaze flicks upwards again, as if to ask, do you really expect me to eat this? He offers her honey to drown the bitter taste. "Um, no thank you," she refuses, because frankly it looked really gross, and being sick wasn't all that bad. She was just hot, and shivery, and really snotty, and achey. But she could handle that! She could handle that better than eating this slimy poultice, anyway.

The velvet-and-cream tom gives her a wide berth, as though she is contagious (which she is, though she does not realize it). Oleander blinks at him once, then twice. Does he dislike her? What had she done to deserve that? Did she even care? He examines her mother with a grimace and narrowed eyes, and Oleander frowns at him, but eventually turns back to her medicine. Her suspicion sleeps at her heels. She forgets his strange arcing path.

Really, she was done here. She'd already refused Fireflyglow's poultice, so the only thing left to do was leave and wait to not be sick anymore, right? Did she really need the poultice to survive? Oleander fixes it in her glassy gaze once more, oversized ears peeling down along her parietal lobe. "Why do I need to eat that? What if I don't?" she inquires, eyes narrowing.
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • OLEANDERKIT —— kit of skyclan . lovage x laurel . littermate to birchkit and mercurykit ✦ penned by meghan

a willowy silver blue ticked torbie with low white and seafoam eyes. lonerborn, oleander struggles to learn the ropes of clan life while coping with anxiety and past trauma. may seem strange, and has unconventional hobbies.
    girl / she her pronouns / undiscovered sexuality / 02 moons & ages every 20th
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— will not start fights / will flee / will show mercy. a mere kitten, she cannot defend herself in battle.

"speech", thoughts, all opinions are in character
    full biography — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse