pafp sat by the river and it made me complete // relaxing

Mar 25, 2023
˚⊹ COME ON MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE ⊹˚
stalkingpaw | 05 months | polygender | any pronouns | physically easy | mentally medium | attack in bold crimson
With the golden sun beating down upon moonlight pelt and ink stained paws dipped into the cool water, Stalkingpaw think's she might be in heaven. A bright sunshine smile on her maw as emerald eyes trace the patterns reflecting off the water pooled before them, contentedness practically oozing of her. "It's soooo nice to take a break like this! Honestly, learning is hard!" she says, pearly whites flashing in a wide grin as she tilts her head back in a rather ridiculous manner, trying to see the apprentice beside her. "Does your mentor have you doing lots of training too, Catfishpaw?" The view from stalkingpaw's side of things is rather funny, the silver furred girl before her lookin upside down from this position, with the sky on the ground.

// abusing fluid time; this takes place before wolverinefangs death
please wait for @Catfishpaw

you are the dancing queen

Catfish was never going to turn down the opportunity to lounge with good company, and Stalkingpaw fit that criteria. She was stretched out on her back with her legs folded on top of her tummy, her feathery fur framed her rather brilliantly. Every so often she would feel the soft lapping of water against the back of her head and the cool water relieved some of the sun she was soaking in.

She nodded her head in agreement that being taught was sometimes wearing "I like get that we need to know everything that we are being taught, but sometimes it just drags, and then your just tired and bored." While it might seem like a dig at her mentor it really wasn't, Catfish really didn't have a good solution to keep fishing exciting and new each time it had to be refreshed. Her foot extending into the air as she stretched out the muscles that were tightening up. "I mean I wouldn't say it's too much, but it's like definitely a lot. But, I mean we've got to learn like somehow I guess. I think I am learning the like exact right amount of information." she rambled out her thoughts on the topic as she flipped from her back to her stomach and start sunning the other side of herself.

young and sweet
"speech"

Clay’s occasional failures at fishing usually end with soaking wet fur from an impulsive dive into the water after escaping fish, so the tom is grateful for the sunshine and warmth of the day. His pelt glistens with water as he drags himself from the river, shaking off only after ensuring that there are no other cats around him to get caught in the splash zone.

As he glances around, his attention catches on the two younger cats who seem to be in the midst of a discussion of some sort. He’s curious to hear what they’re talking about, so the warrior trots over to join them. Ah, it’s apprentice talk. Not exactly a conversation he can easily jump into—he’d never had the experience of being an apprentice, or having a mentor. But he gives a flick of his tail anyway, smiling at the duo. "Learning lots of new things at once is definitely hard. I hope your mentors aren’t pushing you too hard?" He’s happy to see that even with all the threats the clan is facing, the apprentices are at least being given a bit of downtime. It’s important for them to rest in between bouts of working hard, especially when they’re so young.
[ YOU ARE THE STARS TO ME ]

Stormwhisker had never thought he would be the kind of cat who had a mentor, never thought he would be here, with a different name and a different life and yet- here he was. He had become a warrior only recently but still, he can relate to these cats. His mentor had been hard but fair and though at first he had resisted, he now is grateful for everything he had been taught. How to hunt, how to fight and defend himself.

He flicks his tail in greeting as he approaches, the gesture accompanied by a polite nod of his head. "What have your mentors got you learning?" he asks, but mostly because he is curious. Did they know something he hadn't been taught? It was a possibility. Everyone's experience seemed to be different.

(=〃ﻌ〃=)ノ While Darkpaw is a hard worker by nature, always wanting to help his clanmates in whatever way that he can, he does enjoy peaceful moments like this. Where he can forget about everything happening, everything that has happened, everything destined to come. Indulge in lighthearted chatter like he's a kid again, free from the worries that seem to come as a rite of passage into adulthood.

The chocolate tom listens to his younger denmates, front paws idly kicking in the shallows of the water while he soaks up the sun. It's strange to think that they won't be his denmates in... less than a moon now, right? Very strange. Darkpaw doesn't know if he likes that thought or not, so he pushes it away and smiles at Stalkingpaw and Catfishpaw. "Have you learned anything fun?" He adds after Stormwhisker. Briefly, as an afterthought, he wonders if he'll miss training when he's a warrior. It's hard to imagine what it'll be like without his daily lessons with Houndstride, it's become such a comfortingly familiar routine.

"My favorite lesson was weaving," Darkpaw comments in response to his own question, shifting his dual-toned gaze down to watch the ripples his paws create on the water's surface. Reedrunner had taught him the basics of weaving before they'd resigned as his mentor, and Darkpaw still likes to practice the craft in his free time.​

˚⊹ COME ON MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE ⊹˚
stalkingpaw | 06 months | polygender | any pronouns | physically easy | mentally medium | attack in bold crimson
Stalkingpaw completely gets what catfishpaw emans - it's nice to learn, but some days she's certain her brain has fried like a fish left out in the sun to long. She nods frantically, nearly toppling herself over with the force of it a letting out a quiet giggle when the world spins dizzily. By the the time she straightens up and rights her head, others have joined them. "Im learning to swim! Momma said I was doing really good, but honestly its hard." While stalkingpaw has grown to love the river very much, her long pelt is not as water proof as some of her clanmates - instead, soaking it up like a sponge until she's often left feeling heavier than when she went in. She's grateful for her long, delicate neck - like a swan, she likes to think - for otherwise she certainly would've drowned by now. "I like weaving too! 'Cause then i can put lots of pretty things in my nest and fur! Especially red things - I found a red feather the other day you know!" Well, it had been less red and more a rust-tinged orange, but it was close enough.