camp save a life - playing with kits

( ) With new kits in the camp, it seemed like it was hard to do anything without one trying to play with tails or getting underneath paws. The ginger she-cat had some time to kill before going on patrol, so she would pad towards the nursery and poke her muzzle inside the entrance. "If anyone wants to play, I've got some free time." she would call out gently, hoping to not disturb any of the queens if they were napping. The last thing she wanted was getting her ear slashed by an angry queen. She waited a few moments, then turned around and padded to sit more towards the center of the camp so they would have some room.

Once she had a few kits gathered eagerly around her, she would curl her fluffy tail over her alabaster paws. "What would you guys like to play? We don't have much moss, but we could substitute moss for something else if you would like to play moss ball. Or we could play badger attack. I could be the badger and try to attack your camp." There were plenty of options, but she would go along with whatever they chose.
( I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD ; YOU CAN BURY ME )

PLAY?

OF COURSE.

Sparkkit was nestled in his father's brilliant red fur, practically blending in. He was nice and warm, but he was bored. So when Flamewhisker asked to play? He hurried over Sunfreckle and plodded over to her.

"I WANNA PLAY!!!" He shouted excitedly.

"What's a badger? Can I eat it?" He asked. It was a very important question.

Squeak Squeak

Moth had been resting outside of the medicine den when the voice of Flame and little Spark-kit had caught her attention, something about playing game and she was quick onto her paw with an excited squeak before making her way over. Any chance to play with Sunfreckle's new little bundle of fluff and besides, she has nothing better to do in the meantime so why not join the others in a small game

At Spark-kits question she shook her head before facing the little kit and making a gesture to the little one "they're big and scary, very angry too" the girl expressed with round eyes, her voice light and gentle almost like the wind as she explained, a warm smile appearing on her maw. She would be impressed or scared if she saw a cat eating a badger, could you imagine such a thing? She could not in truth. "I've seen one before....but uhm maybe we can play moss ball?" Moth would offer up, her gaze drifting up to Flame warmly.
"speak""Thoughts"

( ) It didn’t take long before she was rushed by kits. What’s a badger? Can I eat it? her eyes widened at Sparkkit’s question. It took all she had to suppress a chuckle at the silly question. “Well, like Mothkit says, they are big, scary, and dangerous. I wouldn’t suggest eating one, or getting close enough to try to eat one.” maybe that suggestion was not a good one. The last thing she needed was kits running around trying to eat badgers! She’d for sure get an earful for that.

She nodded at Mothkit’s idea, mossball was probably better anyways. They were still young, she didn’t want to hurt anyone. “I’m good with mossball if everyone else agrees.
( I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD ; YOU CAN BURY ME )

He wondered if he'd ever stop feeling tired, turning his head to glance at the mouth of the den to Flame's call and offer to entertain kits and he gave a soft 'oof!' as Spark-kit broke away from his side to clamber over him and rush out. A low chuckle escaped him and he whisked his tail back around himself to resume sleeping with a softly uttered, "Go on if you want, mind what Flame says..."

Dovekit followed after her brother, her steps clumsier but her enthusiasm no less dampened. A sneeze burst from her as she toddled out of the den with enough force to send her rolling briefly but she was back on her paws and at Spark-kit's side. The white kitten regarded the big orange she-cat with wide watery eyes before pitchly declaring, "I don't KNOW how to play mossball!"

"Big and angry.... They don't sound nice." He said. They sounded LAME. He wasn't lame. If he ate one, HE would become lame!!

He's played mossball before .....sort of..... He ripped it up. It was fun.

"MOSSBALL!"

He put his paws on dovekits shoulders. " WE WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO MOSSBALL!!"

What a loud little man.

A game? With her? Like her brother, the promise of one of the older cats playing with them was all the invitation she needed to be rushing over, potentially knocking over Sparkkit in her excitement.Badgers?” A confused glance would be cast in her brother’s direction as he considered eating whatever the heck a badger was.

Already having forgotten Sunfreckle’s words of minding, Dewkit would glance at Moth as she filled them in. “They’re scary? Why does that mean we should play moss ball instead?!” She’d protest, having been somewhat interested in playing the weird sounding badger game. Frowning, she’d sigh, knowing that she already was out numbered, unlikely to get her way at this point.

What do you mean you don’t know how to play?! We’ve played before!” Dovekit really didn’t know how to play mossball? Shaking her fur, she’d cover her ears at her brother’s loud tone, casting him a displeased glance. “You’re being too loud!!” A whine would escape her jaws, glancing between her father and Flamewhisker in hopes they’d make Sparkkit be quiet.

"JUST LIKE FIRE, BURNING UP THE WAY"

During this lazy late afternoon, the largest of the litter was comfortably nestled against the fluffy warmth of Sunfreckle's tail. The tortoiseshell was usually seen attempting to climb to higher places or giving Cinderfrost trouble whenever she had to take medicine. Yet, for once, she was sitting still and sleeping soundly.

That was, until, Flamewhisker mentioned the dreaded four letter word.

Play.

Flamewhiskers words were gentle, barely breaking through the grogginess that came with waking. However, with Sparkkit excitedly exclaiming that he wanted to join, it was the final sound that roused the kitten with a jolt. Her head popped up and she immediately looked around her to see most of her siblings slipping away after the warrior. Her gaze looked over at Sunfreckle, almost wanting to stay and enjoy the warmth and comfort of his fur. Yet her kitten curiosity got the better of her, and as soon as the word 'go' left his muzzle, Flickerkit was stumbling over his tail to get to her siblings.

She appeared on the scene behind Dovekit, a small cough coming from her as she shook dust off her fur. Her throat always felt a little irritated but she tried not to let it get to her. ❝ But when we played mossball, Dovekit was always sick! ❞ After all, this was the first time she had seen her smallest sibling out and about. She was always buried amongst a swath of red stripes. ❝ And the best part of mossball as it can be anything!! Like this!!And just like that, the tall kitten would pounce towards a drifting piece of moss, batting it to the side in an attempt to pass it towards @Dovekit.
✷ ϟ ✷

Frowing, she'd wonder why her sibling wanted to gang up on her like that. Did Flickerkit not like her anymore? With the dust being stirred up, her cough would echo her sister's, finding herself sitting down as she waited for the coughing fit to pass. “Not always!” Protesting, she'd whine as it seemed nobody believed her. She knew that Dovekit had played with them. She swore it. Hesitation would prevent her from joining in at first, silently begging one of the grown-ups to come to her rescue. Maybe if they are nicer to me I'll play. Tail thumping quietly behind her, she'd watch as the game began.

"...do I remember playing moss ball?" She asked airily, voice faint and rattling as she raised a paw to her mouth in consideration. She didn't remember? Maybe they had but she had been too sleepy or unfocused to recall it. Dovekit spent most of her time sleeping and she wasn't very attentive even when awake. As the ball was tossed to her she raised a paw to flail at it, attempting to bat it back and accidentally losing her footing and tumbling over, her swing sending the moss ball directly at Dewkit's face, "L-look out!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IM TOO LOUD!?" Asked the obviously loud kit.

He watched the mossball demonstration with wide pupils. His brain was telling him to GET that mossball. He was wiggling, ready to pounce.

"Don't worry! It's just moss, even if it hits someone in the face, it shouldn't hurt!" He said to Dovekit.

"Unless you're SUPER strong, maybe...." He added. "But I don't think any of us are that strong, so it's okay!"

( ) "dewey's right, you guys are too loud!" the displeased voice echoes from the corner of camp where the girl sits, shoulders hunched, eyes narrowed. "you scared off the beetle i was hunting!" indeed, a shiny black insect has taken flight far above the tipped head of the femme. fern hued eyes track it for a moment before giving up, deciding instead to investigate her siblings' actions. padding over, she tips her head, observing the game. "are you playing mossball? ok i guess that's interesting." tapping over to dovekit, the girl settles beside her sister, muttering, "i could've been the ball. i am moss, after all. heh."

as the scrap soars towards her sister, mosskit ducks out of the way, watching with some amusement as the ball changes course at dovekit's wild swing, hurling straight at dewkit's face. "good throw, lovey-dovey," she comments, nudging the pale girl with a paw.

( TRYIN' TO KILL THE MOON )

The girl would glance to Mosskit as she approached them, wondering why Sparkkit was continuing to be so loud. At least I’m not the only one who thinks so. A small flick of her tail would signal her annoyance, somewhat relaxing as her siblings once again distracted her. ”Do I remember playing mossball?” How could she not remember? Dewkit knew she had. She didn’t understand how they couldn’t remember that. Perhaps it had been on a rare occasion she was alone in the medicine den and only thought her siblings had played without her?

HEY! Watch it!” Attempting to duck as the mossball was thrown directly at her (something she was considering tattling on her siblings for at this point) she would press her tiny body to the ground, shielding her eyes with her tail and paws as it flew overhead. Why did they have to be so mean to her? There wasn’t any reason to throw it at her face! That wasn’t nice at all!

"I didn't MEAN TO!" Dovekit declares shrilly, despite the comforting words of her other siblings she feels awful about it and wants to approach Dewkit and apologize but she watches the other withdraw and hide herself away and it makes the pale kitten give a warbling cry of dismay at having accidentally upset the other before turning to go scurrying back to the nursery.
Sunfreckle watched the display with a soft smile and sigh before rising to stand and go comfort Dewkit with a careful nudge of his nose, "You're alright, have fun playing still alright. I'm going to go check on your sister."
With a quick trot the tripod tom made his way after the smaller of his kits.