say it ain't so | patrol assignments

After recent events in the clan, Flycatcher was quietly glad for the reprieve that assigning patrols gave him. He still could not wrap his brain around the idea that Basilwhisker had done what he had done. That the young tom had deemed it necessary to punish Sunnyday further than he already had been. As he stepped out of the warrior's den, he shook his head as if to remove himself from those troubling thoughts. Flycatcher padded out to his usual spot and sat down. "Please gather for today's patrol assignments!" He called out. Flycatcher waits for several cats to gather before pushing ahead.

"Little Wolf, you will be leading the dawn patrol along our border with RiverClan and SkyClan today. Lightstrike, Shiningsun, you will be accompanying her."

"For the dawn patrol at our border with ShadowClan and WindClan Rabbitnose will be leading. Take Freckleflame and Stormywing with you. I ask that you all continue to remain cautious with WindClan still. Although things have been fairly quiet with them as of late, we do not want to be giving them an opportunity to strike at us."

"The dusk patrol along the border with RiverClan and SkyClan will be headed by Howlingstar's capable paws. Silverlightning, Oakfang, I want you to accompany Howlingstar as well."

"Wolfwind, I want you to lead the remaining dusk patrol to our border with ShadowClan and WindClan. Take Moonwhisper and Mousenose when you go and as I said to the dawn patrol please remain cautious."

"Raccoonstripe, Nightbird, I am tasking you both with handling the hunting patrols today. Choose the warriors to accompany you at your own discretion."

"And finally, Hailstorm, I want you to host a small training session at the Sandy Hollow, is that alright?"

Flycatcher waits for his clanmates to digest their assignments for the day, before giving a curt nod to show he is satisfied. "Dismissed," He says in a cheery tone, before standing and padding away.

// threads to make!
dawn sky: @LITTLE WOLF @LIGHTSTRIKE . @SHININGSUN
dawn shadow: @Rabbitnose @freckleflame @STORMYWING
dusk river: @HOWLINGSTAR @OAKFANG @Silverlightning
dusk wind: @WOLFWIND @Moonwhisper @MOUSENOSE
hunting: @RACCOONSTRIPE @nightbird
training: @HAILSTORM.

shadow, dusk patrol. she couldn’t complain, could barely conceal the drop of relief that floods into her stomach, her paws when little wolf, lightstrike and shiningsun were assigned dawn — and besides, rabbitnose would be leading, so if not anything else, it would be interesting. her eyes search for the blue - white figure of her father, trying to find the tell - tale long legs jutting him from the crowd when he slinks out. after a moment the molly, however, aims to find her fellow patrol member : stormywing. pelt - swaying strides bring her along the fiery tabby’s side, aiming to bump her peppily on the shoulder to draw her attention, ” y’ think you could get the thunderpath stink out of my fur when we get back? “ a desperate stage - whisper, accentuated by the wild, slim - toothed grin dancing slow onto her dark maw, ” i’ll do yours too, promise. “

• i. interacting w @STORMYWING hehe
  • FRECKLEFLAME ——————— of thunderclan ⠀ 𓍊𓋼 ⠀ . ׁ
    𖦹 . LESBIAN. SINGLE, CRUSHES EASILY. SMELLS LIKE SUN - WARMED OAK. ELEVEN MOONS. 8 / 3 / 2023 NAMED A WARRIOR. MENTORED BY WOLFWIND, PENNED BY ANTLERS.
    FA69C2C5-FD00-4FA0-B5CD-9E499FDEC6F5-removebg-preview.png
    f. she / her, daughter of sunfreckle and rabbitnose. large, cream patched tortoiseshell she - cat with pale green eyes. fire - forged, smoldering ; shades of vibrant russet, dousing swathes of shadow and interwoven with ribbons pale cream come to drape like licks of flame over a well - toned form. in warriorhood she has grown to full, hulking height ; unspecified maine coon heritage born of sunfreckle's kittypet background shows itself in large, round paws and tufted, long - furred toes set upon thick, tabby - splotched limbs. freckleflame is broad shouldered and square - jawed, wild cheek fur like the blazing edges of a red sun — a hulking, thick - furred thunderclan warrior, forever blaze - kissed. a characteristic lack of personal space leads her to a slouching, touchy posture, often inclined to lean or bump against her peers, all while beating a lazy, heavy - eyed grin.

• IMG_1436.png

War weighin' on my heart but I can't fall
A silver paw rakes itself over thin, translucent whiskers, giving himself a quick wash before moving on. However, Silverlightning's head swivels slowly in Flycatcher's direction, listening as he draws out patrols for the day. Surprisingly, he has been called forth for this round. Placing his paw upon the ground he straightens his spine, tall ears twisting attentively. He is tasked with accompanying Howlingstar to Riverclan's border. A soft hum vibrates within his throat as he picks himself up from his seated position, trailing in the leader's direction. Before fully meeting up with the dark tabby he pauses next to Mousenose. "Remember, keep your wits about you." Though he quickly stops himself from advising her any further. She was a warrior now and no longer needed his guidance.
Seekin' shelter from the storm on this blank road

The tabby drifts toward the center of camp, ears flicked forward to catch the deputy’s assignments for the day. He’s tasked with organizing a hunting patrol, and he turns to find Nightbird, a grin stretching across his muzzle. “Well, what do you say we make this a little competition?” The lead warrior’s dark eyes flash. “If my patrol brings back more prey, you have to let me take you on a real date… say, a run through the woods at moonhigh.” He winks and turns to the warriors nearby. “@batwing and @Cloudyfur , are you up for a bit of hunting? You can name your own stakes, if you want.

•  
  • raccoon . raccoonstripe
    — he/him ; lead warrior of thunderclan
    — heteroflexible ; single
    — long-haired black tabby with white and dark brown eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — chibi by Rai

At Flycatcher's call, Flamewhisker joins the rest of her clanmates that were gathering around him. She waits for her name to be called, but to her surprise, she is not chosen to join anything. Part of her is surprised, but she shrugs it off. That simply meant she could spend the whole day with Acornpaw. She turned to face her apprentice, "Looks like we have the day to ourselves." she trills. "How does battle training sound?"

//
@Acornpaw.

Flamefancy.png

nightbird listened dutifully to the assignments of the day, she began to head off once they had concluded but raccoonstripe had caught her with a wide grin. her ears flicked forward in preparation to hear what he had to say. a competition was something she could rarely say no to, especially one with stakes so high. she huffed a quick laugh at his self-proclaimed prize, what a sight that would be. "alright," she hums, wry grin edging it's way onto her silvery muzzle. nightbird didn't bother to set any stakes of her own, the joy of winning the competition would be enough to fulfill her. "burnstorm, stormywing, meet me at the entrance at dusk." her gaze shifted to each warrior as she called their names, hopefully they were in the mood to win big today.

• NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, twenty-four moons
    nightbird is a small black smoke molly with pale silver eyes. a loner turned thunderclanner, her loyalty and drive to provide for her clan is unwavering. however, she is not known for harboring a bleeding heart, instead equipped with sarcastically fueled wit, brutal honesty, and a sharply edged tongue.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Moonwhisper?” She gives Flycatcher a dismayed look. They are a warrior of less than a moon, and quickly finding out that Clan life lends itself to only so many freedoms. Even now, Mousenose finds herself stuck with cats she can’t stand. She gives an exaggerated sigh and pouts. “Flycatcher, can I switch with someone?” She'd rather go with her sister, or maybe participate in Nightbird's half of the competition with Burnstorm, but no. She's stuck listening to the know-it-all.

Knowing the answer before it’s given, though, bright green eyes search the crowd for Wolfwind’s rugged blue and white figure and a particularly haughty tortoiseshell pointed she-cat.

•  
  • mousekit . mousepaw . mousenose
    — she/they, warrior of thunderclan
    — pansexual ; single
    — long-haired blue tortoiseshell with white and green eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — chibi by Rai

Everytime Flycatcher did patrols she questioned his common sense more and more or maybe their deputy was just so agreeable he assumed the entire clan was a bunch of smiling fools who got along as well. Moonwhisper frowns, wishing she could ask to be reassigned as well for she liked her cousin fine but Mousenose was a menace and she'd rather be with cats she liked, such as her brother or Lightstrike. Hearing the other's question stifles her own impulse to ask and she strolls indignantly over with her head and tail both held high.
"What's wrong, Mousenose?" Said haughty tortiseshell pointed she-cat asked as she approached, also looking for Wolfwind in the gathered group of cats, "Did you need an easier assignment? If you ask nicely, I'm sure Flycatcher can let you clean some nests or watch the kits. I understand if border patrol is too much." Her voice, nor expression betrayed the outright mockery of her words; though she remained cool as though speaking genuinely it didn't take a lot of sense for a cat to realize she was openly insulting the other spotted she-cat to her face.

• Angry
Reactions: MOUSENOSE

image0.jpg
ACORNKIT — the cow jumped over the moon .
Where Flamewhisker goes, a fawn-pelted shadow seems to follow. Acornpaw did not have many friends, if anything Apples was probably her best friend other than Chickadeepaw, of course. Oak-paw and her never really spent time together anymore, and while it made Acornpaw sad… she supposed they may just be growing apart, like grown-ups do all the time.
Her mentor is cheery when she turns to face the watchful apprentice, who grins excitedly in return.
Acornpaw wanted to be just like Flamewhisker and Chickadeepaw, she wanted to be beautiful, bold, and confident. Though the idea of ever having to actually participate in a battle shook at her a bit, she feigns excitement with an eager nod.
Mousenose’s pouting catches her attention momentarily, and she watches as Moonwhisper strides over, her cool-toned words loud enough for Acornpaw to hear.
After a moment, Acornpaw decides she wanted to be just like Moonwhisper, too.
"speech"
tags

She is assigned to patrol the WindClan and ShadowClan borders, with the silly but kind Rabbitnose leading the way and his spunky daughter coming alone, too. She likes Freckleflame; they trained together and she always found the tortoiseshell to be tons of fun. So when she approaches to give her a friendly bump, the tabby returns the other's wide grin, brow quirking in amusement. "Gross! I'd be tasting it for a quarter-moon!" She retorts, scrunching up her face in faux-disgust.

She breaks her charade to laugh before beginning to trot towards Rabbitnose. On her way, she passes Mousenose and Moonwhisper and can't hide the rolling of her eyes. She shoves in beside Mousenose, who, like her sister, is a cat Stormywing has always gotten along with well enough aside from some back-and-forth's growing up. The pointed she-cat, however, she cannot stand. Annoyance hangs heavy in her voice as she snarks, "Buzz off, Moonwhisper, or at least do something about that stick up your-"

The call of her name interrupts her. She looks towards Nightbird, who tells her and Burnstorm to be ready at the camp entrance at dusk, and Stormywing's eyes shine with glee. "O-Okay!" She calls back, perhaps a little too eagerly. A lead warrior - and one of the coolest ones - just picked her to help in a competition. That had to be, like, the biggest compliment ever, right? She stifles an excited purr, paws swiftly kneading the ground, before scampering towards Rabbitnose for patrol. Not before casting one more scowl towards Moonwhisper, though.