camp Scattered Dreams || o. Lost in thoughts

Mar 20, 2023

Windrise

With all the events that had happened, from a trial of a loner (she heard that from her mother who had made sure she was trapped inside of the nursery for the event), to the twolegs taking away warriors and apprentices from their homes, it had seemed that Skyclan has become more and more eventful... The dilute tortoiseshell's crystal blue gaze seemed lost in thought as they began thinking of themselves as a warrior, with the ability to leave camp with others instead of being trapped within the camp. Boy...Shardkit could not wait till she was an apprentice, it must be exciting, to be able to train as a warrior, strengthen one's skills and even explore the territory!

Their claws dugged into the soft ground below them as these thoughts played within the kit's mind, Shardkit's tail swishing side to side while those thoughts continued to play on and on, unaware of everything going on around them. They knew soon enough though, they'll be an apprentice, any time now...Their chest fluffed slightly, her mind shifting from their earlier thoughts to wondering who would be their mentor, and what the first thing that they'll be able to do. Shardkit was lost in their own thoughts that they would be unaware of anyone approaching them and starting a conversation or even wanting to see if they wanted to play a game with them.
"speak""Thoughts"

..╭―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╮

leaf2.png
Sparrowpaw was no stranger to losing themself to their thoughts from time to time, good or bad, even if they tended to lean toward bad as of late. Even now they were lost in their own mind as they strolled across camp, although their expression suggested peace rather than turmoil.

Upon spotting the small kit they paused, watching curiously. The little tortoiseshell was sitting with no signs of play. What were they thinking about, they wondered? Sparrowpaw let out a small hum and allowed their paws to guide them over, gray eyes flickering around to find there seemed to be nobody watching over them.

Rather than say anything when they stopped, the chocolate feline took a seat next to them, their gaze traveling up to the sky.

leaf3.png

..╰―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╯

.°☀ But every time I see you cry

Getting lost in ones own thoughts seemed like a dangerous thing to do. To delve into what made one tick and what they would do in certain situations- it was something she was rather familiar with. There was something about staring at the sky and thinking that was something many did but her own mind was a death trap waiting to happen. It was filled with self doubt and what have you, and it overally just wasn't a fun time to begin with. Though still, she could see it in other cats and she gave a small tilt of her head as her green gaze moved over to where Sparrowpaw had joined youing Shardkit in staring up in the sky.

Bananapaw gave a tilt of her head in curiousity, before then heading over towards them with a look up into the air as well to see what they where exactly staring at. There was nothing there besides the tree tops and clear blue of the atmostsphere. The tawny and white cat gave a furrowed brow and looked to Sparrowpaw for a moment then to Shardkit then back to Sparrowpaw, "What're you staring at?"

"SPEECH"

With these wings of mine I'll stay awhile .°☀

• //
  • BANANAPAW named by her mother Alice
    — she/her, 12 moons, single
    — skyclan daylight apprentice, mentored by Sharpeye.
    — self-doubtful, overlaying smile, very closed in

primary character, high activity. penned by wolf_.​
  • banana.png

IMG_0038.gif

Figpaw was wrapping up with an apprentice duty when she stopped by the scene. Sparrowpaw was sitting a friendly distance away from Shardkit, looking to the sky. Bananapaw fairly asked what the two felines were looking at. Figpaw doesn’t know the answer, but a loud purr of amusement warms her throat as she moves to stand beside them. ”I’m not sure, but it looks like Shardkit isn’t here with us anymore.” She chirps, attempting to wave a paw in front of the kittens face. What was she thinking about? What did kits think about? Figpaw was once one, but that was so long ago now… she can barely remember. Whatever it was that gripped the tortoiseshell’s mind, she hopes it’s pleasant and nothing frightening.

55417772_ks6HUyroX73gwyT.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· FIGPAW, AMAB — she / her
╰ ‣ 11 moons .
╰ ‣ skyclan apprentice . believes in starclan

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like pine nettles & sap, status — 100%
╰ ‣ A red tabby she-cat with orange eyes. Mangled right hind leg.

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ENFP-A ❝
CAMPAIGNER❞ , Gryfindor, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Excitable, generous, caring, quick-to-act, distrusting, resentful
╰ ‣ finds relative ease relating to others . kind-hearted, will show mercy
╰ ‣ cats of windclan blood or those she deems morally inferior will be met with her ire

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· NPC X DAISYFLIGHT, sister to Greenpaw, Violetpaw, Snowpaw & Butterflypaw
╰ ‣ Pansexual . mistakes admiration for romantic feelings
╰ ‣ Crushing on Fanta
╰ ‣ Apprentice to Tallulahwing
╰ ‣ good fighter . excellent hunter .
╰ ‣ unlikely to start fights . will flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

• Love
Reactions: Honeysplash

Kittens, kittens... a small mantra in Mallowlark's mind, something that flitted through his skull whenever silver eyes settled upon them. Entertaining little things, weren't they? Toddling about, getting into trouble- going places they shouldn't. The minds weren't fully-formed, yet- malleable brains, gullible... fell for any joke or scary story. They weren't smart enough to tell the difference- weren't old enough. The hulking white tom did not think he'd ever stop finding them funny.

This one, though... she wasn't toddling about and getting lost in an area of two square feet like younger kits did. No, rather- she was just sat, staring. Inwardly he challenged himself to watch for a blink, and not one crossed her irises. His own static-wide eyes bore into the figure for.a few moments, observant- but she did not seem to notice him, nor the paws flailing in front of her face.

Shardkit isn’t here with us anymore- a pale-ginger apprentice offered an answer, her name... Figpaw, yes. "What, they're dead?" Incredulous, his voice broke momentary silence. Dying sitting upright... he'd not have guessed it was possible.
PENNED BY PIN

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: wolfie

Windrise

Not even the wave of Figpaw's paw snapped the kit out of their own thoughts, nor did Bannapaw's words or Sparrowpaw's pawsteps made Shardkit come out of their own thoughts. However what did snap the kit out of their weird statis was Mallowlark's words and Shardkit blinked a bit before looking around themselves with confusion, not realizing that they had gained a small crowd of others and they shuffed their own paws a bit, dazed slightly as they continued blinking wondering where everyone had come from.

"Not dead... I'm just...exicted, I'm going to be an apprentice soon and I was thinking about how exciting it's going to be to see the territory" they piped out as they looked between the three who had somehow caught a form of interest in the kit who had not even realized how still they have been. Pausing they tilted their head up at the others. "Whats it like beyond the camp?" theu asked the others curiously, figuring since Shardkit had their attention that they might as well asked.
"speak""Thoughts"

• Haha
Reactions: wolfie
"Lots of trees." Orangeblossom answers the question bluntly, though not harshly. White paws pause nearby the small group, though her attention lingers on Shardkit. "You'll probably stay away from the twolegplace border for a while, at least until we get our Clanmates back and those traps go away. You'll learn how to climb and to stay safe, and that will get you around most of SkyClan land without ever touching the forest floor. It's difficult, but quite fun." Her whiskers twitch.

"Do you have anything specific you want to learn as an apprentice?" If she did, maybe Orangeblossom could put a word in to Blazestar about who her mentor should be.

•  
  • orangeblossom.png
    orangeblossom. tags.
    — she/her, skyclan deputy.
    — mentor to eveningpaw.
    — attack in #e08550. uses trees as an integral part of her fighting style.
    — mean enough to note that her thoughts don't reflect my opinions as a writer haha.
    — penned by mercibun; @ me in any official tabbytales discord for plots. :]
    — art by merc!<3

..╭―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╮

leaf2.png
At some point Sparrowpaw had let their eyes close, content to feel the breeze tug at their fur and let the distant murmurs of conversation reach their ears. A familiar voice, far closer, spoke a query and they lowered their head from its tilt to the sky to look. "Hmm?" they hummed before having quite registered the question.

"Oh, not sure." The tabby glanced down to the kit at their side. "It's a nice day is all." Whether it be enjoying the weather or just simply getting lost in thoughts.

Figpaw was next on the scene, offering her own light-hearted input, followed by a shocked question that had their fur rising. "No!" they uttered quickly, voice rising above its typical soft volume. Thankfully, it was confirmed by Shardkit themself.

They were thinking about how exciting it would be to see the territory, and as Sparrowpaw's fur fell flat again, they sighed with the beginnings of a smile. Orangeblossom beat them to an answer. When had such a crowd shown up?

"I think it was neat to get to see the territory," they inserted, thinking about their tour with Auburnflame. "It left me sore, though. I wasn't used to walking that much. I'm still getting used to it, I think. I wake up sore a lot."

leaf3.png

..╰―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╯