SHADOWCLAN MCA INTEREST CHECK

B

BONERIPPLE

hello shadowclan! i have finally decided to put up an interest check for shadowclan's medicine cat apprentice! there isn't a set choosing date yet, but i am currently looking at mid november to early december. this is to get some plots out of the way. before you state your interest in this position, please read over the high position and semi-high position guide, as well as the requirements listed below!

IC REQUIREMENTS
— someone who is active ic is very important for any hp! over the course of the couple months, i will be gauging all applicants' activity and involvement in threads; this does not mean that spamming the board will earn you this position! spamming the board can be overwhelming and discouraging for other roleplayers, so please avoid this. that being said, a character who posts once or twice a month is unlikely to get this position!
— bone is likely to pick a cat who she finds as trustworthy and will hold Shadowclan above all else when it comes to healing but will heed Starclan when necessary.
— bonejaw will be looking for a cat who shows an interest in herbs in some capacity. but there is a chance that those who don't can be chosen as she is from a more battle background than from a medicine cat standpoint of being kind and gentle. Although she will not tolerate aggressive behavior for no reason towards other clanmates and will likely cut those from the running.
— age does not matter! (but keep in mind that bone will like someone who can carry the mantle and the load of the work)

OOC REQUIREMENTS
— ooc activity is just as important as ic activity. i will be looking for someone who is involved in the ooc community by plotting with others regularly and overall being a friendly, welcoming face.
— if you have a medicine cat or a medicine cat apprentice in another clan, you are automatically disqualified. you are welcome to apply for one of the other medicine cat apprentice positions that may open during the next month as well as shadowclan's, but you will be taken out of the running if you are chosen as the other clan's mca.
with that being said, if you are still interested in becoming shadowclan's first medicine cat apprentice, please fill out the form below! thank you for your interest, and have fun!

And thanks to nico for allowing me to copy off their tryouts!

Code:
[b]main account:[/b] answer
[b]character name:[/b] answer
[b]why do you think your character is a good choice?:[/b]

Reactions: nico
main account: @Jay
character name: Starlingpaw
why do you think your character is a good choice?: I believe Starlingpaw would make a good choice because of her anxiety and unwillingness to fight plus I think it’s likely for Bonejaw to choose someone in her family , especially her niece who is struggling with her warrior training

Reactions: rhosmari
main account: @ghost
character name: Betonyfrost
why do you think your character is a good choice?: ICly? I feel like her general emotional detachment from (most) of her clanmates would make her a good fit for being able to treat patients without letting panic cloud her judgement. Her fear of disappointing her peers would make her doggedly study medicine, even if she doesn't particularly believe in it-- something that would likely change as she experiences it first-hand.

OOCly? I think playing a morally ambiguous and heavily biased medicine cat would be fun. Giving her a position of power would supply so many new avenues for her to inevitably crash and burn-- or maybe a way for her to have some stability, if things play out that way.

main account: @HaggisBeast
character name: Hemlocksight
why do you think your character is a good choice?: Hemlock, although intelligent with good memory recall, makes for a poor warrior. This leaves him wanting to excel in other ways that could establish his position within ShadowClan, such as turning to medicine. He does live for challenges that call upon quick thinking and adaption, so the likes of medical emergencies he has a high chance of taking in his stride.

However, depending on ICly development, he could either become an excellent medicine cat one day, or a cat who believes themselves to be on par with StarClan's power over destiny by deciding who lives and who dies.

main account: @AnemoVictorious
character name: @QUILLKIT.
why do you think your character is a good choice?: quillkit is a very loyal and dedicated young cat. they're a quick learner with good memory, and for that they hold a lot of pride in themselves. they aren't one to show their true feelings often, but in reality they do truly care about the members of their clan despite their cold front. they already have some interest in plants, and definitely wouldn't mind the role. they'd certainly be good at their job, but they likely wouldn't be too soft of a healer.

he also has some interest in learning to fight. he's definitely been in some playfights with his siblings and other kits. he'd likely take up fighting lessons to make sure that he can defend himself in the case of an emergency. a clan without a medicine cat would be in danger, in his eyes. really, he doesn't mind what path he ends up taking, as long as he can serve his clan well.

main account: kanezaka
character name: pumpkinpaw
why do you think your character is a good choice?: pumpkin genuinely just wants to live a simple life, so i think being chosen would be an interesting development as she realizes she has so many cats to take care of, but would also help shape her in to a better cat who believes in their worth much more

// backing out with snow & reapplying with pumpkin woo yea

main account: toska
character name: goosewobble
why do you think your character is a good choice?: i think it would be interesting for the clan to have a kind-hearted healer! he would be the type to regularly check up on his clan and ensure that everyone is in good health! despite being a more "odd" character, he would definitely use that to his advantage when dealing with sick kits or more nervous patients! would be the type to go out of his way to serve the clan's health, even if it meant falling sick himself.

main account: @Noor
character name: Sweets (Heatherpaw)
why do you think your character is a good choice?: Sweets is a brand new character so I’m kind of just exploring the different paths I could take with her, she has some limited background with medicine being raised as a barn cat with a family who had to learn to take care of themselves. I think having a soft-hearted more aloof apprentice for Bonejaw will be both challenging and interesting for the both of them. Sweets would definitely be content in a healer role and quickly become comfortable, she enjoys being useful & helping others so it could definitely be something she feels stable in.