Shaking in front of a sunrise / Snailcurl

Bramblesong

Dec 1, 2022
SOMETHING NEEDED ME ONCE ✿°.✧ ————————————

There’s nowhere Bramblesong would rather be than in the nursery, with the sweet milk-scent of kittens and the comforting warmth of fellow queens around her. But even she has to admit that sometimes, one needs to get out and see the rest of camp. Especially one like Snailcurl, who worked nearly until the second of her kitting and has already seen so much tragedy for such a young cat. It will not do for her to stay cooped up forever, fretting over her litter. Stars know Bramblesong understands the urge.

Today, the late leaf-bare sun is peeking through the clouds to warm the marshes, no catastrophe seems to be happening, and the kits are either out playing or sleeping among the nests: they have a moment of peace. She intends to make the most of it.

”I feel like it’s been an eternity since I’ve last seen the sun, but it seems we are on our way out of leaf-bare finally,” she muses. Reaching to touch her nose to Snailcurl’s shoulder, she adds, ”Would you come and keep me company, Snailcurl? We could both use the sunlight, I dare say.”

// @Snailcurl.

———————————— ✧.°✿ AND I KNOW SOMETHING WILL NEED ME AGAIN