private SHARE WITH SILENCE OF THE TREES;; lichenstar

It had been an honor that Moonbeam had been allowed to bear witness to the ceremony very few would ever be able experience from the living side of things. She'd remained silent through it all, watching with baited breath as Lichentail - now Lichenstar - had received each life, and as Smokestar had given the final life and shared his words of wisdom with the new leader she had heard her own name, he spoke of the troubles in StarClan, the fact that things were strange there and then and there that was when the medicine cat knew it was time. She needed to share the omens she had received with the leader of RiverClan, and since that hadn't been Smokestar it would have to be Lichenstar... and she was more okay with this than she had originally thought. They'd never been close like she had been with Smokestar but she was trusted, she was smart, she was a good cat, and maybe one day they'd get there. It wasn't long after they got back and settled once more did Moonbeam seek out the new leader.

"Lichenstar?" She'd mew out, ears pricked as she looked to the other. "There's something I need to talk to you about, omens from StarClan." There wasn't a big sense of urgency, a tell that it wasn't about the clan or Lichenstar herself. When they moved to where prying ears wouldn't be able to hear she would turn back to the other once more, a small sigh coming through her before maw opened and words began to come out.

"Smokestar mentioned strange things in StarClan, I received two omens... one I'm sure is StarClan related and the other I'm not. I've been trying to figure them out myself, but it's time I bring another into it." It was not expected of medicine cats to share their omens, and she didn't know how often Ravensong would share his with Cicadastar or Smokestar, and she could only hope that she was doing the right thing by bringing this burden onto the cat in the clan who already held so many in her now nine lives. Well, one wasn't really an omen per-say, but it was close enough in Moonbeam's eyes. "I was told of a fog that appeared in StarClan when Sootstar died. The StarClanners don't know what it is but they know that it's dangerous." It was scary to think what it meant, even scarier to think that the ancestors who so many had believed had all the answers in fact did not.

She'd let the words be for a moment as she watched for Lichenstar's reaction before continuing on. ""The next happened at the last meeting, when I received my name. 'Beware the darkness a forgotten enemy brings.'" It came out easily, practiced words repeated over and over in her head as she tried to figure out what it meant, who the enemy could be or the darkness they reside in.

• --
  • 76563872_jZr368yA5Er3eOs.png
    MEDICINE CAT;
    FLESH WOUNDS
    ꕥꕥ INFECTIONS
    ACHES & PAINS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ILLNESS
    ꕥꕥꕥ BREATHING ISSUES
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ TRAVELING HERBS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ BROKEN BONES
    ꕥꕥ KITTING
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ POISONS
  • 76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png
    SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears
    speaks softly & often found humming
    12 moons old; ages the 17th every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; interested in beepaw & redacted
    currently mentoring none
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    easy in combat unless in water, focuses on defensive tactics
    peaceful powerplay allowed

1000004009-png.1568

✦ ˚  ✧ ˚ .˚ ✦  ✦
  • A tuft of dandelion seeds float through the breeze in the form of a meek, round girl who speaks in daisy-soft whispers. The urgency of her tone does not match its gentleness, the context even more sharp than the lilt of her voice. Lichenstar still sounds wrong... rings in her ears like a fuzzy distortion of speech... it doesn't match or fit the spiny molly it identifies. Sorely, she misses the name she's had for so many seasons. Lichentail is far more appropriate... and she does not feel deserving of the mantle 'star', even though given to her willingly. Her ears flatten slightly, 'omen' reads like a curse for her reign, a horrible sign of what's to come.

But her medicine cat will be heeded, even if miserably. She stands to join Moonbeam somewhere secluded, private, sheltered. This place that would be a meeting spot not woven under willow branches that might still smell like him. It aches.. so much so that she almost drifts away with her bereaved thoughts and loses focus on the purpose of being here.

Two omens...

How unlucky.

Moonbeam admits that her attempts at deciphering them for answers remains elusive and it does little to settle her fears. Smokestar probably knew then.. right? Had not chosen to share this with her? Bitterness congeals in a sticky web of thorns, leaves blood to well in the places they dig in and twist. How many more things would she be forced to learn? How many burdens had he shouldered in silence and not allowed her to relieve?

What good had she been as deputy then... to have let him died and suffer?

"A dangerous fog... in StarClan...?" An ever-present frown grows deeper, "What could possibly... be a danger... to them?" It seems almost fantastical, that heaven itself might be under threat. But the omen that succeeds it rings like harrowing war-cry. A forgotten enemy...

There are so many dead and forgotten, which one it could mean leaves a lengthy list. Is it really so direct as to say it is the dead who are missing from StarClan? Smokestar had said... that Cicadastar was not there.... Was he a forgotten enemy now? Was their founder and mottled-throat leader meant to sink claws into their back from his swamp-bound grave?

"That is... worrying...."
  • about
    speech hex code ✧ #6368A5
    ooc notes ✦
    tagging ✶
    penned by tieirlys
  • ˚  ★⋆. ࿐࿔  ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     .
       .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .   ✦   .  .   ˚       ੈ✧˳·˖✶ ✦  ˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ ★⋆. ࿐࿔
       .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ✦