SHE'S MY COLLAR [ prompt / river levels ]

claythorn

AIN'T A DROP OF BAD BLOOD
Jan 7, 2024

Claythorn, if it wasn't known already, had an awful time dealing with water. She didn't like it, and it was only by heavy misfortune that she landed here in Riverclan. Lichentail knew well enough, perhaps the only cat in Riverclan that knew, why she hated water. Loathed it. Though there was that other warrior who seemed just as upset at it as she. So when Claythorn stopped at the top of the shore and squinted down at the clearly higher water, Claythorn knew in her gut she wasn't shell-searching today, like she had planned.

A grimace spread across her face, ears flattening against her head. It wasn't like she needed to get the shells but it would be... nice, she thought, to have something of her own. Even if she had to pretend someone in camp gifted it to her out of the kindness of their heart, couldn't she want what others had? Gifts galore, shells and stones that sparkled with the dappled light that befell the warrior's den? Thoughts briefly flicked towards Otterbite and his barren nest, and a ragged exhale left her.

She'd have to wait, then- the water would surely go down, she believed, turning on her tail to head back towards camp.
  • "speech"
    // prompt: The recent melting snow seems to have made the river rise a little.
  • fYfRn8Y.png
  • CLAYTHORN she/her, warrior of riverclan, eleven moons.
    LH chocolate torbie with mismatched golden eyes, scars across her right cheek and over her left ear. cold exterior and threatening glares, built for stamina/battle and not swimming (tall/muscled)
    mentored by darkbranch (npc) / / mentoring no one
    no current love interest / / only child
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

From the moment she could tottle, Sablemist started with a love-hate relationship with the river their clan adored. Being of Shadowclan descent led to certain tendencies Cindershade had to train out of her meticulously. The heaviness of a soaked pelt, the ever-changing temperatures of the river, and its sheer depths were all things she fought to acclimate to. Eventually, with time and patience, she overcame her struggles. Now she could navigate the river with relative ease.

Breaking the surface of lapping waves, Sablemist spotted Claythorn turning away from the shoreline. "Claythorn, wait!" The ivory-splashed molly called from her position in the river. "Could you help me for a moment? I'd like to grab a couple of nice shells down here." Paddling forward on long limbs the marine coon mix continued. "But the river is swollen from the snow melt. I don't want them to wash away every time I dive for a new one." Besides, her stamina could only hold for so long. "If I pass them to you could you watch over them for me? It'll only take a moment of your time and you can even have a few. If you'd like." She added, hoping to sweeten the deal.

≖≖ riverclan warrior / eighteen moons old / she/her ≖≖