backwritten She's the cat's meow! ☮ Lilacbird

Silverbreath

He wears your grandad's coat!
Nov 13, 2023
*+:。.。 It had been a few days since he'd been caught trying to stash prey. Though he'd vowed to still try to get away with it, he hadn't quite been able to bring himself to do it. Instead, the warrior did his best to hunt more and eat less, only forcing himself to eat enough to avoid the same fate as Petalnose. Today was no different as he stretched out each lanky limb, preparing to head into the forest to try for a solo hunt. It was a dim early morning, the peak of dawn, just the way he liked it, which meant not many cats where up and about ready to take on a hunting trip. Fine by him, he much preferred being on his own as of late.

Though some company he could never find it in himself to turn down...

@Lilacbird <3 sorry this took so long aH

• GENERAL:
    Silverbreath
    DMAB— He/Him — Bisexual
    35 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Father to Carp-paw, Mentoring Goldenpaw
    Riverclan — Warrior

COMBAT:
    Physically hard | mentally hard
    Attack in bold #7d7d7d
    injuries: None currently

She knew she was supposed to be disappointed in the tom, for smuggling prey- but she really wasn't. She wanted to help him, and she couldn't bare the idea of being disappointed or upset by his actions. Surely, he had his reasons. And she would support his reasons, whether he decided to tell her or not.

Silverbreath was her friend, and she cared about him.

Her form pulled beside Silverbreath, a duck in her head in a quiet greeting. "Care.. for uh.. company, on this fine morning?" she asks, offering a sheepish smile. Sleep was still heavy in her eyes, well the lack of. Going out to hunt with her friend might take the ease off, and perhaps she could catch him something to really help with what he was doing.

*+:。.。 "Ah, Lilacbird," his words come out like a relieved sigh, a smile immediately dancing upon his maw, "Like a songbird riding the tide of new-leaf, of course your company is welcome" He blinked open an eye to look her over, his grin fading at the bags he could see clearly beneath her cerulean eyes. He supposed leaf-bare's icicle claws were doing nothing for her strength and stress levels, huh? "I was meaning to stretch my legs some more before night fell, care to join me?" he tilts his head to the side, brows furrowing a little closer, "but don't push yourself"

• GENERAL:
    Silverbreath
    DMAB— He/Him — Bisexual
    Riverclan — Warrior

COMBAT:
    Attack in bold #7d7d7d

His gentle smile, causing a light in the otherwise exhausted hues she wore. His words offered worry, but she wasn't quite certain why it seemed to fade. She was fine. Everything was fine. He was fine, right?

"I wouldn't push myself more than I needed to," she chuckled with a nervous edge on them. Her head ducked a bit. He relieved the anxiety, but he still made her nervous. The clinging feeling and butterflies she chose to ignore. He had a family.

"It'll be easier once newleaf does come. So... many mouths to feed." She uttered softly with a sigh. "The frost that bites at our noses will soon be gone, and I can't wait."

*+:。.。 Lilacbird reminded him more of a hummingbird than a cat each time he interacted with her. Though he liked to think he'd broken down more of her barriers over time, he was certain there were some nerves he would never be able to mend. Still, he had endless patience; and he loved her company, no matter how flighty. "Then I'll ensure you won't need to" he purred languidly, stretching each stiff leg before rising to his feet, easily towering over the smaller feline. Perhaps this height difference of theirs sparked a sudden protectiveness in his heart, but he always seemed to find himself gazing a little too long at the molly, checking her over for any sign of distress. She was a flower he longed to shield from the cold but feared he wouldn't ultimately be strong enough when that final gust blew forth. At the very least, he'd be there to bear the storm at her side.
That's what friends are for, right?

His smile would twitch painfully at her comment, turning his nose away to stare ahead through his half-closed lids. "And never enough to feed them all" he responds with a bitter sigh, feeling that gnawing thing of shame chews a little more at the corners of his heart. Silverbreath was certain she hadn't meant anything besides the obvious for her comment, but it still burned at his psyche recalling her expression when he was caught trying to hide his catch. He hadn't attempted it since then - not with Lilacbird and Valepaw's eyes peering at him with so much scorn at the corners of his mind - but he wondered if Lilacbird would believe him if he said as much.

"It'll be gone soon enough, and all this will become a distant memory. How strange it is that suffering can end so quickly and yet for us, right now, it's endless" he smiles wanly at his friend, "perhaps too depressing of a sentiment so early in the day"

• GENERAL:
    Silverbreath
    DMAB— He/Him — Bisexual
    Riverclan — Warrior

COMBAT:
    Attack in bold #7d7d7d