SHOW YER WIFE HOW YOU WON MEDALS DOWN IN FLAAAAAANDERS || moss-ball??

silverpaw

•°.•○
Jan 20, 2023
"THAT'S RIGHT! TAKE THAT! YOU STUPID THUNDERCLANNER! THOSE ROCKS ARE OURS! STARCLAN SAID SO!!!!"

with a scream of mighty rage, silverkit leaps from her place atop a tallish rock, landing upon a ball of moss. she promptly tears it apart, gnashing her teeth and flashing little white claws.

"throw another one at me!" she says, whirling to face her playmate. she's practically shaking with excitement. and... and bloodlust, maybe. "throw me ANOTHER ONE! ANOTHER THUNDERCLANNER TO TEAR APART — never mind i found one!"

"I'LL FLAY YOU!"
she screeches as she launches herself at this new clump of moss. "YOU'RE THE WORST CLAN EVER! YOU TOOK OUR ROCKS AFTER WINDCLAN BEAT US UP CAUSE YOU'RE MOUSE-HEART COWARDS! WELL, WE'RE GONNA KILL YOUR LEADER EIGHT MORE TIMES!!! HOW'S THAT!!!!!!!!"

oh, yeah. she's totally got this moss-ball thing down. she is absolutely understanding how to play this game.

●°○•●

• • abandoned by the border, sibling to otterkit, adoptive daughter to pikesplash • 3 moons old • silver tabby & blue tabby chimera with a dusting of white freckles • meticulous, attentive, opinionated, LOUD!! • peaceful powerplay welcome • wants to make friends! •

A nervous smile laid thinly across their face listening to the.... violent... but admirable(?) screams coming from a ashy-colored child. A moss ball quickly found itself to be decimated into nothing but crumbling dust-- a victim of Silverkit's furious play. Her yowling for a new contestant to challenge her prompted an half-open maw, trying to cut in to offer some encouragement or advice or... something to calm the little tornado that whipped around the camp at great speed and with horrifying intent to the local moss population-

"Maybe-" but the blue point was just as quickly dismissed in favor of a new enemy.

Flicking a kinked tail, they wondered briefly how many tails Silverkit had destroyed in the name of RiverClan. Dovepaw had been a target at one point... Petalnose of course too... As they tried to recount all the sour expressions of pin-pricked bystanders they realized most of the clan was at risk if they hadn't already been attacked in the safety of camp.

The little fluff ball really got herself going though... Whoever had recounted the stories of their loses to this little one had clearly stoked a flame in the young heart that sought vengeance and glory. Glancing nearby to where a spare scrap of moss had not yet been apprehended and butchered, Lichentail smacked it with a careful paw, aiming to have it roll into the distracted child's back for a playful fright.

One must always be aware of their surroundings to be a good warrior after all...​

In the world of never-ending arrested development and misfortune upon misfortune that Dovepaw had (quite melodramatically) found himself in, moments of no-strings-attached reprieve were much appreciated. When one was so wont to stew in ones own juices, as Dovepaw so frequently was, someone like Silverkit being front and center (and also very loud) was a welcome development.

Silverkit had a level of frenzied passion that Dovepaw was not sure had been rivalled, at least in day-to-day activity. It was unwarranted, and at times peaked to a bit concerning, but it was always quite the thing to observe. His tail, however, might disagree.

Watching Lichentail bat the wad of moss in her direction, Dovepaw blinked slowly, tilting his head.

"I... ah... I a-appreciate y-your enthusiasm," Dovepaw said awkwardly. I'm so bad at talking to people. What do you even say to kits? "K-Kill that... Th-ThunderClanner. Rah rah."

————— ✤ —————
I'LL MAKE MYSELF BELIEVE

Lambpaw is content to watch Silverkit's brutal play, a looming figure of fangs and thick fur, angry-looking eyes tracing the child's movements. Her stumpy tail has left her lucky enough to avoid becoming a target, unlike poor Dovepaw. She doesn't think she'd mind if she were roped into it, though. Lambpaw holds no ill-will towards the clan's young, despite what her perpetually glaring face may imply.

Still, this one's a tad loud. Her own voice is far more level, a rumbling drawl. "Fierce one, ain't ya," she says flatly. Her tone is disinterested, but she feels a warmth in her chest at the child's antics. Reminds her of Prairiepaw as a kid. Reminds her of Prairiepaw now, even, her brother never really calmed down. After a long moment of deliberation, Lambpaw gives a nod of approval. "Good. Get 'em, kid." Maybe Silverkit will become an even fiercer warrior one day, maybe not. For now, Lambpaw's just glad the kit can enjoy her play.
I CAN SLEEP EASILY ALONE
————— ✤ —————

• //

• LAMBPAW named for her sheeplike coloration.
    — she/her. 11 moons.
    — riverclan apprentice, mentored by clovernose.
    — stoic and unyielding. poor social skills.

casual character, low activity. penned by saturnid.​
  • "SPEECH"
  • 65783825_x5W8KMeJXhaF0Kc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Petalnose watched Silverkit with an interested look on her face, although there was an addition of pinned ears at the volume. Stars, it still ached her ear drums with tightly pinned ears. She wished she had control to tone her down, maybe she would enjoy the kit more if she just lowered her voice. It was like she knew just how to get on each cats' nerves. Her and her brother were definitely a pair she didn't quite tolerate. But what did Petalnose tolerate? Little to none. The woman was straight to the point. "Maybe if you're quiet to where they can't hear you- it'll annoy them even more because they don't even understand you." She suggested with a grumble, looking over at the kitten tearing the moss ball to shreds as she lounged on her side.

Her fierce nature did remind her of herself.. just less controlled as she was and less quiet about it. Silverkit did also show loyalty from a young age and it was something she picked as her favorite attribute from the kit. A kit she took more dislike to than the others. Atleast, there was some good she could pick out. It made her eager to see her grow up, maybe she'll be less annoying by the time she matured.

"Beat them up. Show them who's the best clan." She unenthusiasticly encouraged. She noted a piece of moss ball the kit tore roll in her direction, hitting it in her direction near Silverkit's paws to see if she'd attack it. It was quite an amusing scene to the she-cat.

Tags

Silverkit's screams caused Mosspaw to flinch as she padded through camp, pausing to glance over. The sentiment was admirable, of course, but the volume was less so. Each screech felt like it tore through her ears to ricochet through her skull. Even moreso than what the kits' volume, what she saw as she watched bothered her.

"That is not how you play mossball." Mosspaw stated plainly, with a flick of her ear. She would know, she had been the queen of mossball when she was a kit. There was no way she was going to let her game be tarnished like this.​