private SHUTTING THE DOOR TO NOTHING ✿ greeneyes

MRMJFsu.png
4d5460.png

"share it with me?" bobbie mews brightly in lieu of a greeting, nudging the grosbeak at her paws towards her fellow lead warrior. stars, that still feels strange to say, the new mantle shifting uncomfortably on her shoulders. sage-silver eyes flick towards greeneyes as she takes a seat on paws that are still footsore, wondering if he feels the same. if they share that commonality the way they now share a rank, regardless of age. she adds, "i missed the birds here. i guess—i guess they're all the same, but it just tastes different to me."

"at least it isn't a lizard," she jokes. the tabby's face splits in a grin despite herself, recalling the dark days of salamander-eating in the caves. bobbie waits politely to see if greeneyes wants to take the first bite, scraping a calloused paw idly over a wayward strand of fur. as of late, she's been noticing little things she'd taken for granted—the sweet birdsong, the redolent fragrance of pine, the minimal undergrowth. there's a renewed appreciation ignited within her for sparse ground and familiar faces, for the total absence of eagles and ravines and creepily empty plains.

"i didn't—i wasn't expecting my promotion, were you? though i suppose it was obvious from my reaction," she remarks dryly, embarassment still creeping over her ears at the way she'd blurted out me? blinking in a friendly manner, bobbie tips her head towards the now-vacant highbranch. "it feels strange, all the.....responsibility. in a good way, i guess."

4d5460.png

dfsiw1w-6a338f22-aae1-492a-977c-37693fa88d2d.gif
The sight of crimson feathers at his paws is unexpected, but enough to lift malachite eyes to look up at Bobbie, ears twitching at her voice. Share it with me? the lilac tabby asks, and a snow-freckled face nods, a small smile growing as he shifts to allow the molly to sit beside him. "Oh - Of course!"

He's glad to be able to have a bite of bird - a catch that had been few and far between in the last legs of the journey, but plentiful here. He'll take bird over anything, any day.

And he can't help but laugh at Bobbie's comment - a joke of moments in darkness, one that he and the other journey cats will ever truly understand, he suddenly realizes.

"Your group couldn't find anything good down there either?" he asks with an amused tilt of the head, before gingerly leaning forward to take the first bite of the grosbeak between them. "I thought I'd be eating salamander for the rest of my life. Don't know how ShadowClan does it, really —" Stars, he's never taking the taste of bird for granted ever again.

Ears twitch once more as the topic is shifted, as Bobbie speaks of her promotion - of their promotion. He's still in disbelief - he left a warrior, and returned a lead. He now walks where Daisyflight had, where Sheepcurl had. Greeneyes shakes his head, a hum following.

"I thought Figfeather would've been chosen," he admits, pausing to take another small bite before rushing to clarify. He'd heard her reaction between his own - had thought the same of himself. "Instead of me, I mean! You deserve to be a lead warrior, honest." He follows her gaze, blinks at the Highbranch where Blazestar had called upon them both. He's still not certain he heard the golden leader correctly, still not certain Blazestar meant to call on him. It feels strange, Greeneyes agrees.

"My mother, Daisyflight," he starts, pausing for a moment to think back. His remaining exhaustion from the journey makes it hard to dig back in his memory, to match up a time Daisyflight had been alive with any time Bobbie had been around. They could have lived in SkyClan at once, he thinks, though it feels so long ago now with all that's happened since, that he isn't quite certain. "She used to be on Blazestar's council. My mentor, too. And to be in their place now... I just... I hope I serve as well as they did, you know?"
border2.png

• 70927026_mk0oT2Gc8QoWlIu.png

GREENKITGREENPAWGREENEYES, Lead Warrior of SkyClan
    Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    — AMAB; He/Him
    — A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    — Mentored by Sheepcurl; Currently mentoring Falconpaw
    — "Speech"; Attack

: * — Born into SkyClan's first litter, Greeneyes is a bright tom with an affinity for the world around him. Despite always seeking to be kind to others, the warrior believes he's cursed - a belief brought on by rhetoric that green is a deadly color.