SILVER SPOON // Lightstrike

stormbanner.png
☁︎
// @LIGHTSTRIKE .

With her new possession clutched in her teeth, Stormywing makes her way back through the forest. She rubs against trees and ferns along the way, washing away the scent of fish as best she can, washing away the scent of her. She feels light on her paws and even gives a little skip every few paces, giddy as can be with the new title attached to her name. Mate. She is Iciclefang’s mate. Any guilt for her crimes is forgotten amidst the excitement as she trots through the woods back to camp, but before reaching it she comes face to face with a cream pelt.

The tabby yelps in surprise, nearly crashing into her clanmate before reeling backwards and dropping the stone. “Lightstrike? What in StarClan are you doing?” She hisses in surprise, voice hitching in her throat as she realizes… “Were you following me? What did you see?” Stormywing demands, growing nervous. Lightstrike had been kept out of the dark on the journey where her love with Iciclefang first bloomed - they’d done well to keep their feelings secret. And now, she feels like it’s all about to crash down on top of her. She stares at her friend with wide eyes, fear and desperation dancing within the gold.
I WANNA TASTE LOVE AND PAIN ☁︎

WE HAVE YET TO CRASH ✧°.☀ —————————————————————————————
To put it lightly, he regretted his decision. Why was he out here freezing his paws off in the middle of the night? All he'd managed to catch so far was a mouse, and Lightstrike currently carried it with him as he walked, ears tilted back in vague irritation. In the middle of the forest, dealing with the biting chill, because he couldn't sleep. He should have just paced camp or something, gone back to his nest.

With his prey-scent in his nose, he didn't realize the smell of a Clanmate getting closer until he had nearly bumped into her. The cream tom let out a muffled noise of his own, green eyes widening in surprise until he realized just who it was that stood before him. With his mouth full he didn't immediately reply, a muffled vowel cut off by Stormywing's much more frantic and accusatory follow-up.

Lightstrike dropped the mouse, letting it fall to his paws. "Huh?" he answered dumbly, swiping the taste from his jaws with his tongue. "What?" She looked terrified. He found himself peering past her, as if he would see a threat looming in the undergrowth. All was silent. He looked back.

It was then he realized that her scent was off, even if mouse still hung in his senses. Furrowing scarred brows and leaning closer, he took in the smell of her, and what still clung to her pelt despite her efforts, making a half circle before he halted in his tracks. She smelled like RiverClan, and they weren't that far from the river, but... he would recognize that undertone anywhere.

"Iciclefang?" he questioned with more than a hint of confusion. What reason could she possibly have to be meeting her in the dead of night? Couldn't they just say 'hi' on a patrol or at a Gathering? She looked so guilty.

Lightstrike found himself thinking about how they seemed to be attached at the hip by the time they'd finally returned from the mountains. He hadn't thought much of it. Many friendships had bloomed along the way, but... in the wake of his recent experiences, the realization seemed to hit him all at once.

Oh.

His eyes widened again. "Stormywing, are you seeing? her?" he abruptly asked.

[penned by its_oliverr - ]
——————————— ☀.°✧ BUT WE STILL MAY AS WELL ENJOY IT

stormbanner.png
☁︎
That stupid, dumb look in Lightstrike’s eyes irritates her. Is he playing with her now? Messing with her on purpose? She takes a step closer to her friend, ears pinned and eyes narrowed, jaws parting to deliver more accusations, but then she watches him sniff. Realization seems to seep into his expression, and he utters her name. Wait - he didn’t know? That stupid, dumb look in his eyes was real?

She straightens herself, scowl falling flat, expression morphing into something more guilty and panicked. “I-“ She starts, but the words die on her tongue. Her gaze darts around, because how can she look him in the eye? Her secret’s been figured out. And she thought she had been so careful. “Lightstrike, you can’t tell anyone. Please,” The tabby suddenly begs him, her brows tenting as desperation takes hold. “It’s not what you think, I’m not betraying ThunderClan! I just…I love her!” It’s different! She swears it is! She’s not trying to break the Code and split her loyalty. She’s following her heart, and her heart is Iciclefang.

The young warrior stares at the golden-furred tom in silence, her heart pounding as she waits for him to say something, anything. She’s sure she’s disappointed him now, and if he decides to run and tell the clan, she’ll have disappointed all of them, too. She can already imagine the look of betrayal on her uncle’s face, and it only makes her feel worse.
I WANNA TASTE LOVE AND PAIN ☁︎