private SING A YELLOW NECTARINE — lichenstar

Dusk gathers gilded at the horizon. The treeline burns, simmers, with long-standing heat. Camp has wound down into a slow bustle. Iciclefang exits the nursery with purpose this evening, straying toward the willow den where Lichenstar is hidden. She's left the kits to their own devices—stars knew they could keep themselves preoccupied now. They're all clumsy paws, leaping bodies, twitching tails; they're unsheathed claws, ready for battle practice, ready to dive into cool, clear riverwater.

And Iciclefang is just as ready, she thinks.

"Lichenstar? May I enter?" Her voice is formal, polite. She waits for any indication that she may intrude before doing so. Their leader is still bandaged and poulticed from her encounter with the beast that had stolen her first life, but StarClan had healed the worst of her wounds. Moonbeam and prayer is all that can tend to the rest of them.

The tortoiseshell queen is quiet for a moment. "How are you feeling?" No matter her feelings on Lichenstar's recent policies, the lynx point is her leader, and Iciclefang's loyalty to her runs deep on principle alone. She hates to see them injured—not when they're at their best bussing about camp, tending to kits and elders and overseeing apprentices' tasks.

"I wanted to talk to you about the kits. I think it's about time they're apprenticed when you're well enough to hold a Clan meeting." She curls her tail around her paws. "They're all getting too big for the nursery now. And I wanted to talk to you..."

She lifts her chin, clearing her throat. "I'd like to take Pinekit as my own apprentice."

• ooc:
  • DEuJTnr.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 24 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored Cicadaflight
    — riverclan lead warrior & queen. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — former mate to Stormywing ; current mate to no one.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

lichenstar-6-24-hs-png.1872

✦˚.✦˚✦˚✦˚ ✧ ˚✦˚✦˚✦.˚✦
  • If there is one thing a caged bird will do... it will pluck its feathers of boredom. A frustrated tongue glances over a scarred flank with more than necessary friction, tickling the nerves there with sensation that doesn't quite register properly... It feels bizarre... and is not wholly familiar to her given the slightness of former injuries by comparison. It is probably the cleanest her pelt has looked in moons, when there is only grooming and waiting to fill her time... but tonight's form of distraction comes in the dappling of sun drops and shadows and snow flurry.

As is typical of the clan that finds the grace to respect her despite their frustrations, she asks before entering and is welcomed in kind. For all their debate regarding Splashpaw, Iciclefang is a more than competent warrior, one whose paws have been sorely missed out in the territory as they've been tired to squirming babes for so many moons. "Everyday.. is better than... the last," she assures in measured answer, grateful for the courteous question but certain it will be followed by something more important.

She'd never known the sharp-eyed she-cat to beat around the bush... even in what quiet conversations they'd had, she was incredibly direct and her pride encouraged that unfiltered cadence. Her ears flick forward in an effort to show her attention, relieved almost immediately that this is about returning to duty and the topic of over-grown kits. She had no doubt the new law that withheld them from training until their sixth moon left the nursery feeling far more cramped than it ever had- by the time the kits left now, they'd practically reached their full height with only the development of muscle left to be honed in training. "Already...? Six moons..."

It didn't feel like it'd been that long, though she has no reason to doubt their mother would have miscalculated their age... Lichenstar wouldn't pretend she hadn't been distracted of late, to say the least. It should be no surprise that she'd want to stake a claim on her next apprentice, especially plucking one from her own litter. It wasn't something she'd argue with, really, given her own bias for mentoring Shellpaw. "Pinekit, hmm," she repeats, an amused smile tugging at the corners of her lips, "If she's anything... like you in more... than just appearance..." Well... then Pinepaw would not be a paw for very long at all, in that case.

"I see no reason... not to honor... your request..." Her whiskers twitch, thoughtfully, before continuing, "Do you have... thoughts... for the others?" She'd find good pairs for them regardless but... if Iciclefang had grievances, she'd rather avoid frustrating her further than to pair her children with 'unsatisfactory' choices.
  • about

speech hex code ✧ #6368A5

ooc notes ✦
    tagging ✶
    penned by tieirlys
  • ˚  ★⋆. ࿐࿔  ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     .

.     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .   ✦   .  .   ˚       ੈ✧˳·˖✶ ✦  ˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ ★⋆. ࿐࿔

.     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ✦  

• Love
Reactions: Marquette
Iciclefang nods as Lichenstar answers her inquiry. "Everyday is better than the last," the blue-pointed leader rasps. "It won't be long before you're out patrolling again, hopefully." Her pale blue eyes hang on the RiverClan leader as she contemplates Iciclefang's request. "Six moons..." The tortoiseshell nods, hardly daring to believe it herself — but there is little motherly fear, little maternal regret. She is ready to take to the riverlands once more, ready to feel the sun on her pelt and the water under her paws.

She's surprised by Lichenstar's praise, and she lets a faint smile curl her lips to match the gray-furred warrior's. "I will not let you down, Lichenstar. Pinekit is fierce and dependable. I'll make sure she is an excellent warrior — a credit to her Clan." She is pleased to have her request honored so easily, and privately, she vows that the two of them will make Lichenstar proud.

Iciclefang is further stunned when Lichenstar asks her opinions on mentors for the other kits. The tortoiseshell exhales, then dips her head. "Cragkit will do well with anyone, I should think. He's bright and capable and excited to learn." Her smile thins as she considers her other son, her beloved Crabkit. "Crabkit, though... he will need stricter tutelage, if he is to succeed. I'm not sure if you had anyone in mind."

• ooc:
  • DEuJTnr.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 25 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored Cicadaflight
    — riverclan lead warrior & queen. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — former mate to Stormywing ; current mate to no one.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.