pafp Sing me a lullaby || o. Prompt (gift)

Ripplestream~

I keep trying to find me!
Mar 4, 2024
Carrionplace is full of many odd things, you find something that reminds you of someone. Maybe it would make a good gift.
Please wait for @CHILLEDSTAR.

[ ༻ 𖤓 ༺ ] Scorchfrost had shown Ripple the territory, including the carrion place which had been filled with several strange things and oddities. From human scrap to crow-food, and yet one thing had caught the tom's eye in particular. It had been something small and round, clear and cool to the touch and their first thought when seeing it had been their older sibling, Chilledstar. Perhaps it was the cold touch that made Ripple think that. Yet so they had scooped up the tiny round object and made their way back to camp. Not even given his own guard any sort of heads up.

Once he had pushed through the camp's enterance he made his way to Chilledstar, their kin before dropping the marble in front of their nest with ears perked forward and a smile cressed on their lips. "S-Scorchfrost sh-showed me...me the ca..carion place and this m..made me th..think of you" they said brightly. Attempting their best to gain their own sibling approval, be it through gifts or working hard, learning the clans way. Ripple was doing this all for Chilledstar and Serpentspine. They wanted to get to know their other siblings better, so he figured to start off small, something simple, and what wasn't better than a gift?

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Ripple 𖤓 AMAB, He/They, Loner, 25 moons.
    LH short Black tom with vitiligo and hazel eyes
    Jagged X NPC
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

there is a certain level of absolute hatred that lies within the leader. they hate a lot, sure, but ever since that discussion they've been trying to be more open and willing with their clanmates. it's hard, sure, but they're doing it. except... ripple. they don't know him. they don't care to know them, if chilledstar is being honest. why would they want to deal with a cat claiming to be their sibling, while also flaunting around how much their shared father loves them? anger can't even begin to describe how they feel. they let him join, but not out of the kindness of their heart. they are only allowing this because their mother has always emphasized the importance of blood. family. they don't believe in it. theyve seen what their own kin can do. they've seen the way kin betrays one another with a drop of a feather. no. some part of them is only doing this for spite.

jealousy grips them tighter, however, seeing ripple. they're so skittish. how can they have expected to survive in a clan like this and why did, somewhere within them, they care? they shouldn't have. blood means nothing to them. kin by blood. not by bond.

"this tiny little thing made you think of me? why? you know nothing of me except for what lies your father have told you. i do wonder what that filth has been telling you."

they grumble, looking at the marble. it's pretty, they hate to admit. they're keeping it... though they're not gonna tell them that.

"i'm taking this filth out of my camp."

their voice bares no emotion, so it's hard to tell if they're telling the truth or not. they pick up the little thing and snort in ripple's direction.

"next time, bring some food. you will not stay here if bringing back useless pebbles is all you have to offer."

———————---***ALL OF MY FEELINGS ARE GONE***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    44 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking / looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

[ ༻ 𖤓 ༺ ] Chilledstar's words stung, of course it should not have surprise Ripple in the slightest but it still somehow hurt. His tail slumped slightly at their sibling's word. Chilledstar was right, he hardly knew a thing about them but he wanted to try and the first thought was a gift but it seemed by how Chilledstar reacted it was perhaps a terrible idea.

"It...it was c-cold to the...the touch... like yo..your name... chilled...co-cold" they stated softly yet Chilledstar was already planning on throwing out his own gift and he felt his stomach drop slightly, even though he understood. This was all knew and probably not easy for Chileldstar or even Serpentspine. Ripple had known about them their whole life and he was shock to know Jagged hadn't care for them as they had him and Rook as well as their other littermates.

"Ok..okay..." they said softly before getting onto their paws to leave, ears pin to the back of his head. He'll do better next time, since their gift hadn't gone according to their own plan. But still he couldn't blame Chilledstar and how they reacted and couldn't really be upset if the other had wanted to throw away their gift. It was their choice afterall. Yet they still didn't stay long and slipped out of the medicine cat den to leave the other alone.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Ripple 𖤓 AMAB, He/They, Loner, 25 moons.
    LH short Black tom with vitiligo and hazel eyes
    Jagged X NPC
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

This is open! And out ))

————————————————————⊰ 🤎 ⊱———————————————————

Chilledstar, befitting of their name, was a cold cat. It was actually a little funny to him to think about? His father was named Frostbite and was kind and warm in a way that didn't fit such a harsh sounding name and yet here they were. Went to show you that names didn't really mean much on the surface level, some cats embraced it and some fought against their titles with stubborn indifference.
The brown and white apprentice hobbled forward, dirty paws kicking along as they lifted each leg with a wide stride.
"...hey, can I have it if you don't want it? It looks like a rock in the shape of the full moon! Never seen that 'fore. You know, most rocks are kinda ugly and lumpy, except the ones by the stream - those are sometimes smooth and nice."
It was neat and a waste to just toss it, it wasn't like others hadn't gathered up weird things too and he was tempted to go find Ripple and bring them one of his own funny rocks to make them feel better.

•  

• 75204724_SEwNnMGW4YAIr3Z.png
    Muddypaw
    —⊰⋅ Apprentice of ShadowClan
    —⊰⋅ He/Him
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ LH Chocolate w/low White & Blue eyes

Although Shadepaw didn't want to be stuck in camp, they had to admit that spending all day in meant they overheard a lot- stuff that they might have missed had they been out training or patrolling. Their tufted ears didn't catch all of the exchange between Chilledstar and Ripple, but they caught enough. Something to do with something from the carrionplace and it being filth. Chilledstar's icy tone earned a curious twitch of Shadepaw's whiskers. The Chilledstar they had interacted with had always been nice. Strange.

As Muddypaw rattled off a description of the object Chilledstar was hurrying off with, Shadepaw followed, curious to catch a glimpse of it. It did look like it was in the shape of the full moon. They also made a mental note to locate the smooth-rock-laden stream when they were finally released out into the territory. For the time being, they stared at Chilledstar's rejected gift. It was like a weird, particularly shiny rock. Confused suddenly furrowed their brow. "I thought you liked rocks!" Shadepaw blurted out. "Why don't you want that one?" They knew the leader had a stash of them in their den. A rare, smooth rock seemed like the perfect addition to a collection, which at least Muddypaw seemed to understand.​

Ribbitleap doesn’t know much about ShadowClan’s newest arrivals, or rather, Chilledstar’s middle siblings. All he knows is that he, perhaps unfortunately, has some sort of connection with them via Geckoscreech. If Chilledstar is his mother’s mate, then Serpentspine and Ripple and Rook are what to him?

What the warrior does know, is that ShadowClan’s leader has a good side and a bad side to them, and that it wasn’t too difficult to fall to the frost of Chilledstar’s bad side. Maybe Ribbitleap has this in common with them - a tendency to hold grudges in self-defense. Though, if it were Leaping Toad giving him a round stone as a gift, rather than Ripple giving Chilledstar it instead, Ribbitleap knows he’d be more than happy to take it. Maybe he doesn’t have much in common with the leader after all.

Leaf-green eyes watch as the black and white cat rejects the small gift, as brown furred apprentices move to look at what they wish to cast out of the clan. The warrior, out of his own raring curiosity, moves forward too. It doesn’t seem so harmful, but Chilledstar acts as if otherwise. As if the mere thought of someone being reminded of their presence is a blight on them. He doesn’t question it, though.

Maybe it’s too round? “ he suggests to the apprentices, a shrug following. He doesn’t know much about this sort of thing, doesn’t keep many trinkets around. ​
EpC61GT.png
  • 75352496_gFsg6B3oNHI0fCV.png
    FROG'S RIBBITRIBBITPAWRIBBITLEAP
    ── Warrior of ShadowClan

── Geckoscreech x Toad's Prowl
    ── AMAB; He/Him
    ── A brown tabby tom with green eyes.
    ── Mentored by Rustleap
    ── "Speech"; Attack