camp SIT AND ROT, I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT [†] war game

Jul 10, 2023

†—— applekit is off to the apprentice's den, now applepaw, and applestar is gone—as was comfreyjaw before her, and no doubt generations of kits will before and after ghostkit and her siblings, graduating from kitten games to apprenticeship, maybe even one day to real leadership. of course, ghostkit is far too young to consider such things, instead just a bit sulky over losing her valuable leader. applepaw was the one who made play-gatherings and play-clans fun, and now that she's gone, she's left with few options. her siblings, who are .... fine, but annoying. batkit was annoying anyways, and now he's gone too, so it's really just her, and her siblings, and forestshade's idiot brood, and the new kits, who are too young and frankly too stupid to be trusted with leadership.

as such, ghostkit hauls herself atop one of two rocks scattered close together, looking for any willing playmates. as she'd once told her aunt, she didn't like playing with the other kits, but she is incredibly bored. ghostkit can't wait until she's an apprentice, too. the she-kit calls out, "now that applestar is gone, i am the new leader of shadeclan. my name is ghoststar now." as soon as she's caught some other cats' attention, she proclaims, "my first act as leader is declaring war on all other clans. there can only be one clan in the forest, and that's shadeclan."

scanning the muddy camp for any challengers, she mews a final declaration, "who will join shadeclan's army? does anyone dare to challenge our .... legions?" she picked that last word up off some forgettable warrior or another—there are few things ghostkit really likes in this world, and new words are one of them.

4d5460.png

• ooc: ——
  • disclaimer: it is extremely important to note that ghostkit is an exceptionally cruel and immoral cat and her actions and thoughts do not reflect my own opinions as a writer. the way she behaves and thinks is morally reprehensible, and i do not condone these actions outside of roleplay in any way. she may refer to other cats in demeaning ways, including as "things", and this is not an attempt to oocly dehumanize anyone's character, but a reflection of her unfortunate outlook on the world.

ghostkit is also a budding skilled manipulator who is already very good at concealing her true feelings. as such, other characters will generally not be able to detect the fact that she's falsifying her behavior unless it's specifically noted in the post to be visible. this includes "gut feelings", "intuition", or suspicion with no ic basis.

again, all opinions & thoughts are ic only and do not reflect my thoughts and opinions as a writer.
  • 69418116_LQIbctTYt87prkD.png
    — ghostkit
    — she/her ; kit of shadowclan ; 3 ☾s
    "speech" ; thoughts ; attacks
    — penned by dejavu

Last edited:

Wheatpaw’s worries about the sickness had been steadily growing for some time. While the she-cat herself remained healthy, the threat of contraction continued to increase day after day. Amber eyes had been flicking between her clanmates as the autumn-hued cat made macabre bets with herself about who would be next, trying to assuage her stress but only serving to increase it.

What she needed was a distraction.

As a tiny voice carried its way to her ears, though, a small smile spread across Wheatpaw’s face as she began to pad forwards. The wanderer had always liked kits, inherent innocence making it near impossible for them to hold some malicious ulterior motive. They were easy to talk to, and easy to have fun with. As the apprentice finally reached her new leader, she decided that this would be one aspect of clan life she would miss most of all when it came time to leave.

“My, my…quite the ambitious leader you are, Ghostkit” The apprentice announced while flopping down next to the would-be conquerer, playing up the awe in her voice. “Although, perhaps diplomacy is the better route to take? When the other clans see your might, they will surely surrender without any unnecessary bloodshed.” The moggy made a show of suddenly looking embarrassed, bowing her head in respect. “I apologize for speaking out of turn, I only wish to advise you in manners of policy, for the good of Shadeclan.”

Nettlekit and his sister had boredom-with-kithood in common. The fox-pelted tom himself sated his desire for excitement by ceaselessly asking questions, lying in wait with a head tilted in observation. What more could he do but learn? Prepare himself? And if he made himself known enough... perhaps he would be desired as an apprentice. What a path to success that would be!

For now, though... he had to amuse himself with make believe. And that was fun enough- he'd always held a fondness for stories, though he kept those of his own creation rather private. This game, though... he was familiar with this. Talk of Applestar and ShadeClan rang a bell of recollection, and toward the sound would Nettlekit turn, sky-blue eyes bright and wide with a dim flame of defiance. Oh, a warmonger! An interesting role for his sister to take, but he could play along. He was Nettlestar of FlameClan, after all! As bright and spirited as its namesake, his Clan would not back down...

"StarClan frowns upon your legions," he said loudly, taking to this role as naturally as ever. He strode forward, gaze unwavering from her face. That was a good word, legions... he grasped it near-immediately. Chest puffs out, he swept his gaze over the spectators, settling an approving look toward Wheatpaw, who advised diplomacy. "FlameClan won't back down." And he would bet the other Clans wouldn't either.
penned by pin ♡

♡​ SOLD HER SOUL AT SEVENTEEN ♡​

siltcloud & 15 moons & female & she/her & shadowclan warrior

Siltcloud watches idly from the sidelines, a strange mix of fascination, of pride, of want coursing through her mind She is strangely proud of her bloodline, of how well granitepelt has raised her nieces and nephews, despite the fact she has had little to do with it. Instead of spending days string off into space, or being shuffled around from one camp to another in fear of storms and fire, these kits are growing stronger each passing day. And she can't help but wonder if someday, her own will be the same - if only loampelt would stop being so stubborn, of course, and give in to the inevitable.

And so for now she simply watches, crooked tail flicking as she peers up through half-lidded eyes from her place on the sideline, content. And if she's rooting for 'ghoststar' to win, to pummel her brother into the dirt again - well, that's a secret between the two of them, isn't it?

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —
  • a dust hued cinnamon tabby with white markings and sage green eyes. her fur is dull and unkept, her figure frail and slight. she's usually quite passive, and rarely makes eye contact or speaks above a whisper. she has five toes upon all four paws.

physically medium && mentally hard
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not-allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#905d5d]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

————— —————
I WANNA BE HAUNTED
Ah, the kits are engaging in war. A more fun war than the one Granitepelt started, with proper Clans and everything. That's the way it should be played. Swanpaw draws closer, interested, but he knows he can't join. He's too old for that, now... Yet, he can't stay away either. Nettlekit's words spark an idea, and Swanpaw clears his throat to speak.

"Starclan," he begins, tone high and haughty, heightened. "Will watch your war with... much interest." That sounds good enough. He matches the dramatic tone of the kits, a grave expression on his face. "Though I had my... ah, problems... No, um, my quarrels with her, Applestar was a great leader. This war... Is it what she would have wanted, Ghoststar...?" He side-eyes her curiously. Is it? He doesn't really know, or care, but maybe this time Ghostkit won't get so violent, with his warning.

(And sure, he could ask Applepaw, but she was never as good at make-believe as he was.)

He sighs, settles himself languidly on the sidelines. "Ah, but we must not chose sides... Wheatpaw speaks wisely, but if diplomacy is not an option..." He casts a sad gaze across both Clans. "We can only hope that your war does... does not bring you to join us." That's what wars do, after all. He knows as much, from the stories he's heard. Maybe he can scare them a little.

A small smile spreads across his face, voice growing faux-cheery. "...But we'll be waiting, if you do!" And he'll be watching, because this game seems fun.

...He thinks he does a pretty good StarClan impression, for having never met them and all.
I WANNA BE LOVED !
————— —————

• //
  • SWANKIT named for his pale fur, after his maternal grandmother.
    — he/him. 4 moons.
    — shadowclan apprentice, mentored by sabletuft
    — quiet and dreamy.

penned by saturnid.​
  • "SPEECH"
  • Untitled147_20230514003200.png

Applepaw no longer had any need for silly kit games, however – she guesses she could see a small amount of purpose in them. They played a role in communicating with the other kits, which was much more important now than it had been before the nursery got crowded....

Ghostkit is quick to pick up where Applestar had left off. Now an apprentice, she supposes that now makes her a StarClanner, like Smogmaw had been once upon a time. It's a good enough excuse as any to keep her eye on Ghostkit. She thinks... maybe she would be one of the less annoying apprentices, once they share a den. Applepaw can nod along with Ghostkit's ruthless nature. Were this a real game of politics, this would probably not be a smart thing, but in a game where all the opposing clans were run my mouse - brained kits, it would do fine.

She thinks Wheatpaw ought to hold her tongue, though she was probably similar aware of the lack of any real consequences in a game like this. From where Applepaw perches, she huffs. Were she still Applestar, she wouldn't let something like that slide.

Shockingly, Swanpaw takes the initiative to step in as StarClan. Applepaw's pout is there and gone a moment later. That's what she was gonna do, but, whatever... While Swanpaw takes probably a more realistic approach to being StarClan, Applepaw thinks that's boring. " You do not speak for StarClan! " she proclaims, putting a powerful paw forward. She musters her best powerful leader voice, and with pleasure, notes that it has gotten better since her debut as ShadeClan's leader. She nods to Swanpaw, her... associate, she supposes. " That we will. And that I was. My fellow StarClanners may prefer to stand idle, but I find this cause... A just one! Continue with the leigons! " She almost says something about giving Ghostar ten lives for her loyalty to ShadeClan, or something, but that would be getting a bit too silly.

Quickly, she would sweep the area to ensure that Granitepelt was not watching her get so into a kit game, before settling back down beside her brother. Only a passing glance to Siltcloud is spared, the warrior decidedly now an elder for today's game.

• ( I'M OBSESSED WITH THE MESS THAT'S AMERICA. ) APPLEPAW. kit of shadowclan. eldest sister to swankit, valeriankit, and garlickit.
    —— she / her; confused by the use of others
    —— currently 5 moons old as of 9.3.23. ages every 17th.

longhaired blue torbie with a white chest, paws, and underbelly. A young cat you would describe as " bossy, " Applekit is quick to take charge of any situation she sees herself as the probable head of. A rule - follower to a T, and thinks herself better than the majority of her clan for this. Not ignorant enough to think herself above a warrior, but seeks to gain that status as quickly as possible. Intensely self - motivated to be the best in a mixture of blind, childish desire, and never wanting to be afraid of anything ever again.

Last edited:
The kits are bored in this camp wreathed in illness and gloom, and they take to playing games and dreaming of the day they can leave and conquer the forest. His own spawn are well-suited for this sort of thing—but strangely, it’s the she-kit who begins the game, ordering her false Clan to rally about her so she can wage war. On his sons, these traits would be admirable, desirable, but there’s something uncanny about the way her dark blue eyes gleam, the way her lamblike little body struts about the marsh. He does not like it. He has to avert his gaze—and when he does, green eyes settle on Applepaw, playing with Ghostkit, Nettlekit, Wheatpaw and Swanpaw as though she were their denmate again.

His smile is a crooked slash across his maw. He pads closer, joining Siltcloud as an observer. He had abandoned all pretenses of play long before normal kits, but by the time he’d been named Granitepaw, he’d held no delusions about being able to play. Would Pitchstar have allowed such a thing, even if he’d wanted to?

Granitepelt’s whiskers twitch. “I’m glad you find this so thrilling, Applepaw. I’m beginning to think you belong back in the nursery, playing with my children. Perhaps they should be the ones training instead of you.” His eyes glitter, but he does not linger anymore—there is no reason to, after all. He looks directly at Nettlekit and gives him a little nod of encouragement, though his emerald gaze passes over the she-kit entirely. “Continue your conquering, then.” With an infuriatingly smug look at Applepaw thrown back over his shoulder, Granitepelt leaves the children to their game.

• i couldn't resist but he is OUTIE to prevent further derailing lol
  • granitekit . granitepaw . granitepelt
    — he/him ; warrior of shadowclan
    — heterosexual ; taken by Starlingheart
    — short-haired gray tom with white and green eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — chibi by Meg

• Sad
Reactions: APPLEJAW
Frostbite has learned that he enjoys watching kits play. As a kit, he never got such privilege. He was always cast aside and left alone for most of the day while his adoptive mother left to hunt or do something else. To see kits have the childhood he never had filled him with warmth, rather than bitterness.

He's become idly interested in the happenings of Shadeclan. It's grown since it's creation, and now Ghoststar leads where Applestar had.

He likes the warmongering. In a game of play pretend, it's fun to declare war on everyone and smite your enemies. In reality, it's a little more difficult and there's always politics in the way.

He gets what Wheatpaw is saying and he admires her way of thinking. It's the peaceful option, an option that's usually the best one to make to avoid bloodshed and loss.

But that's just no fun! He grins as Applepaw declares to continue with the legions. THATS more like it.

The heavy rain cloud that is Granitepelt arrives to make snide remarks at his apprentice and Frostbite rolls his eyes. What a pile of wet moss. A stick in the mud. Soggy algae on the banks of a pond. He's glad he doesn't stick around.

"There's nothing wrong with playing as long as you make sure to train your best and do your chores." He comments to Applepaw, but also to all the little warmongers.

"I look forward to seeing what Shadeclan and Flameclan do next!"

He hopes by encouraging play that the next generation will bring a little bit of light and energy into this swamp. Something to combat the gloom. Stars know this clan needs it.​