private Sitting Idle. → Sunstar

Silverpaw.

don't forget about me.
Feb 28, 2024
✧.* Another day meant more time sitting alone, doing nothing other than observing. Silverpaw spent multiple days like this, though his paws itched to be out training. He was already almost eight moons and yet he had barely anything he could call training beneath his pelt. It wasn't a fault of his own, however. Or, well, maybe it was. His mentor was mostly at fault, being that they were hardly anywhere to be seen and had only spoken a pawful of words to him in the entire time he had been their apprentice. Sure, Silverpaw could ask someone else to train him, but that meant going up to others and talking to them and he wasn't about to shove himself out of his comfort zone for that. So, for the most part, the silver apprentice was left on his own. He had certainly tried to teach himself, but as a Tunneler apprentice there was only so much he could do by himself without his progress stagnating.

So again he sat, blank-faced and staring into nothingness with his tail curled neatly over his paws, alone as per usual. Not even a torrent of sneezing had come to keep him company this time. Oh, what a lonely, boring routine he had built.

• ooc → aa, it's not much but i wanted to get something out ^^" @SUNSTAR

• Silverpaw. / Tags
    → WindClan Tunneler apprentice
    → Transgender male (he/him)
    → Seven moons; ages every month
    → Mentored by ?? (TBD)
    → Text. "Speech." Thoughts.
    ╰┈➤ penned by liobleu

He knows, with no small amount of shame, that this is something he should have noticed long ago. Silverpaw was a quiet tom, without a troublesome streak or a rage loud enough to draw attention. He did not seem to suffer. In all his time in WindClan, it had seemed to be loud. When they stood upon the brink of failure or collapse he had learned to expect howling. Struggling. Anything to show that they needed assistance. Because if they did not ask. . . they would not get it. That was not the legacy that he wanted for this clan. And however busy he may be, filling the duties of both leader and deputy alongside his council, he never wishes to be so busy that he would allow his clanmates to suffer.

Silverpaw is alone in fair weather, aboveground of all things. And so with a furrow to his brow, the burnished leader approaches. "You've been far too present within camp as of late," he jests lightly, managing to hide the concern in his voice behind a faint smile. "Does your mentor think that your battle with pollen to be a sickness? Something that must keep you confined to camp?" If it scared away the prey, perhaps he would understand. If only it had not been this way for far too long.
EpC61GT.png

• OOC.
  • sun_icon_new2.png
    SUNSTAR. LEADER OF WINDCLAN.  
    ——– HE – HIM – HIS ╱╱ 48+ MOONS OLD, ADULT.
    NPC x NPC, MOUNTAIN CATS. MATE TO WOLFSONG; FATHER TO BEARPAW, SINGEDPAW, RIVEPAW, SUNLITPAW AND FEATHERPAW. MENTORING RIVEPAW.

TH ╱╱ A LARGE, FRESHLY SCARRED CHOCOLATE AND WHITE ROSETTE TABBY TOM WITH SEAGLASS BLUE EYES

✧.* A presence had approached him. Blue eyes snapped toward the form as it drew nearer, a brief glint of surprise shining in them after seeing who it was. Of all Clanmates, Silverpaw found that he least expected the leader to have graced him with his company. Out of habit, his already stiff posture straightened up even more, though not without giving a respectful bow of his head to greet Sunstar. Despite that faint smile, he felt himself cringe internally. Ah, even his need to be invisible couldn't outdo the fact that he, well, wasn't doing anything. His duties had been lacking, much to his chagrin, and he must appear as lazy to his Clanmates as they milled about yet he just... sat there. At least the pollen hadn't been bothering him (as much) anymore.

Silverpaw visibly swallowed. It took many moments for him to reply– perhaps remaining silent for an awkwardly long amount of time– though those familiar with his habits could probably assume he was simply thinking over what to say. Then, finally and ever-so-carefully, he opened his mouth to speak.

"This apprentice apologizes for his lack of action," he began, "I have not seen my mentor in many sunrises. I have attempted to continue my duties, but my abilities are limited without proper guidance." As he spoke, he dipped his head, lowering his gaze to the ground. It was the truth– he had not even caught sight of his mentor, and much less spoken to them, in quite a long time. His last official "training session" had been almost ten sunrises ago at this point. Regretfully, he couldn't help but to feel as though it was due to his reserved attitude that his mentor was so neglectful. They had been excited to train Silverpaw in the beginning, attempting to break him from his shell, but it was obvious they lost interest after seeing just how... automatic he was. Speaking only when spoken to, following rules and orders as closely as possible, and having an ever-unchanging expression wasn't the most interesting to deal with. So, they simply gave up and left him on his own, going off to pretend he doesn't even exist. And Silverpaw wasn't the type to go around seeking attention from anyone.

As much as he enjoyed acting like he didn't exist, just blending into the crowd, that didn't particularly bode well for his training.

• ooc

• Silverpaw. / Tags
    → Seven moons; ages every month
    → Mentored by ?? (TBD)
    ╰┈➤ penned by liobleu

Last edited:
His brow raises sharply. Of all that he had expected, a break in their training, a day of rest for this illness, even a frustration with Silverpaw's sneezing, to say that this apprentice had simply not been tended to shocks him in a way he could not reconcile. A look of quiet disbelief lingers on the apprentice when their own head is turned towards the ground. Then, quietly, there is rage. Indignancy. That this warrior, a tunneler, one of their precious few, was to be so neglected in his training. . . even outside of leafbare, when they needed their skills the most, there is no avoiding that they are one of the most important parts of WindClan. Whatever their reasoning, their excuses, it is not something that he would excuse. Still careful despite the heat of his anger, Sunstar clarifies, "They have not taught you at all?"

With a look of sheer bewilderment, the warrior's gaze sweeps his clan. None of them had seen this? None had questioned Silverpaw's mentor for not being around? What lies must have been passed to Scorchstreak and Rattleheart, that they would not bring this to his attention? What would become of Silverpaw when it came time for his assessment? Would he be left to flounder an apprentice eternally? Or had they expected to lie their way through it? To bring an untrained cat into the most dangerous place in their territory? Gathering himself quite forcibly, Sunstar sits down. "I am far too big to fit in the tunnels. Tell me more of what you have seen down there. I have always been curious of this."
EpC61GT.png

• OOC.
  • sun_icon_new2.png
    SUNSTAR. LEADER OF WINDCLAN.  
    ——– HE – HIM – HIS ╱╱ 48+ MOONS OLD, ADULT.
    NPC x NPC, MOUNTAIN CATS. MATE TO WOLFSONG; FATHER TO BEARPAW, SINGEDPAW, RIVEPAW, SUNLITPAW AND FEATHERPAW. MENTORING RIVEPAW.

TH ╱╱ A LARGE, FRESHLY SCARRED CHOCOLATE AND WHITE ROSETTE TABBY TOM WITH SEAGLASS BLUE EYES

✧.* When Sunstar spoke again, his gaze rose from his paws and he gave a simple shake of his head.

"There is not much that has been done for my training. While I know the basics by now, my most recent training has mostly consisted of practicing the same lessons I have already been taught whilst my mentor just," he squinted, thinking back to the few times he had actually accompanied his mentor outside to do what they considered 'training', "disappears." Silverpaw didn't know where they would go– they would simply take him to a part of the territory, ensure nobody was around, then tell him to stay put and practice while they went off to do who-knows-what. The only notable thing he could recall was that they always returned with a different scent clinging to them, one that was unfamiliar to him. Then they would take him back to camp and act like nothing happened, though not without attempting to mask the scent on them in one way or another. Should he mention that to Sunstar?

After a few moments of consideration, he decided to spill. "There is one thing that this apprentice has noticed, though," he started, his words cautious, "anytime that they would return, they would smell different. I do not know what that scent was, though."

Silverpaw blinked. Telling Sunstar what he had seen in the tunnels... it wouldn't be a very interesting description, considering the fact that he had hardly been down there. He was, again, silent for a significant amount of time, his mind working through everything he remembered before he spoke again. "This apprentice has not been brought very far into the tunnels, so I have not seen much. But the tunnels are dark. Dirt surrounds you on every side. It takes some time to adjust, as it is difficult to both see and breathe underground." The first time his mentor had brought him to the tunnels, it felt as though he would be suffocated at any moment. But they had taught him how to better control his breathing and use his whiskers to navigate in the dark, so he supposed their teachings weren't... entirely useless. That lesson had simply existed to allow him to get a feeling of what the tunnels were like, so he would be more prepared for training underground in the future. That was before they had entirely given up on him, though.

• ooc

• Silverpaw. / Tags
    → Eight moons; ages every month
    → Mentored by ?? (TBD)
    ╰┈➤ penned by liobleu