SKIES FILLED WITH DREAMS ✶ LAKEPAW

Jan 29, 2024
Light wind brushes against his already messy fur. Sheeppaw sniffs as he carries a blackbird in between his teeth, which he had snagged from the fresh-kill pile. He hums a random tone, as he prances around camp to figure out which apprentice he should share this with. Brackenpaw? Hmm, no. Blizzardpaw? Nope! Maybe… His thoughts trail off when he spots a familiar rosette pelt of one apprentice. Lakepaw! His friend! He hasn’t talked to him in a while, he flicks an ear as he bounds up to his denmate. His eyes light up in glee.

He comes to a halt in front of the other tom, lifting his tail up in greeting. "Lakepfaw!" He blurts out from around a mouthful of feathers. Ah- right! The moor-runner apprentice drops the blackbird in front his paws, and shakes his head, before speaking again. "Lakepaw! Wanna share this with me?" The tom asks the other as he plops himself down onto his stomach, with a beaming smile. He totally wants to catch up with his best friend and see how his fellow moor - runner apprentice is handling it so far! Curling his dark plumy tail around his lanky figure, he perks his ears up letting out an ’oh’ and gazes at Lakepaw. "Oh! We could also uhhh– share tongues?" He awkwardly suggests as shrugs his shoulders, towards his rosette and white friend.
EpC61GT.png

• ooc. @Lakepaw. :3
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( HEY! WHATCHA GOT? ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ SHEEPPAW. ╱ windclan apprentice.
    amab ; HE / HIM ; 7 MOONS & AGES EVERY 29TH.
    undecided / not looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a lanky, longhaired black smoke with high white and blue eyes
    thoughts ; "Speech, 8E7F7F" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like early morning dew & windblown heather
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

[ ༻ ❊ ༺ ] Ot had been quite some time since Lakepaw was able to catch up with his friends, having delve himself head first into training, even going as far as to practice during times that he was told to rest, meaning the tom was more sore than usual but he pushed past it and continued on. Yet, today he decided to rest, allowing relief to his aching paws and sore muscles, enjoying the warmth of the sun's ray on his body when Sheeppaw's voice caught his attention and bi-color eyes snapped to look over at his friend while a warm look danced in his gaze.

"I would like that" he said calmly before shifting to sit by his friend. When was the last time Lakepaw and Sheeppaw had gotten a chance to just sit and relax? Perhaps when they had only been just kits, which doesn't feel that long ago despite knowing next moon he'd be turning 8 moons, and meaning every month that passed by he was closer and closer to earning his warrior name, same as Sheeppaw.

"I see no reason why we couldn't. But do tell, how has your training been going?" he asked coolly before shuffling himself closer to the friend, easing himself to pluck a feather from the bird his friend had brought over, thinking some might be best to keep for his nest. The blue butterfly wing that the other boy had gifted him still sat fitted behind his ear, he had made sure to intangle it well so he did not lose it while running.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Lakekit AMAB, He/Him, Kit of Windclan, 7 moons.
    LH Rosette Lynx Minx with low white and bi-color eyes, blind in left eye
    NPC X NPC
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Feeling the sun's rays hit his back, Sheeppaw perks up when his friend accepted his request. Yes! He watches as Lakepaw shifts towards him, he gently pushes the bird towards his friend.

He hums as he leans to the side, to open his maw to drag his tongue across Lakepaw's spotted fur. He really doesn't have the skills on grooming like his mom, but he'll try his best! Today is a relaxing day, a warm day for sharing tongues and catching up with his bestest friend in the world. It doesn't feel that long since he was a kit, he's already eight moons now. He's closer to his warrior name… only by a little bit.

Sheeppaw lets out a soft ‘mrrp’ as he flicked an ear towards what Lakepaw said. Hmmm. The messy-furred apprentice tilted his head to the side as he thought about what to say. "My training has been good. Gravelsnap isn't so bad, they took me on a tour around the territory. I finally got to see the Horseplace!" He bobs his head in a nod. "They’re teaching me more about hunting, instead of fighting... To feed the clan y'know?" He shrugs his shoulders in ‘what can you do?’ motion. He gets that hunting is important for the clan, but… battle training is also important. Oh, well. He likes hunting! It's alright for the most part, though it's a little dull.

The black smoke, starts to run his tongue along Lakepaw's spotted coat again, humming before pausing again. "Soooo, How about you? How's your training going?" He questions his friend, as he blinks blue eyes at the other. Sheeppaw was eager to hear what stuff Lakepaw has been getting up to lately. He thumps his plumy tail on the ground, as he takes a dark paw to pluck a feather from the blackbird he'd brought over. He hums as he plucks another feather from the feathered creature, gently putting it on the side of him. He wonders if Lakepaw is also getting the focus on hunting, then fighting moves later stuff. Maybe.
EpC61GT.png

• ooc. this is so LATE RAAAGHHGH
  • no ref yet </3
    amab ; HE / HIM ; 8 MOONS & AGES EVERY 29TH.
    — all opinions are ic

— penned by calzone

[ ༻ ❊ ༺ ] Leaning closer to the other while soaking up the warmth of the sun he listened to the words of the other while a slight smile dance on his lips. The words Sheeppaw spoke while the boy closed his eyes slightly, it indeed felt like forever since they were able to relax like this, and it wouldn't be long now befoee both would gain their warrior names, each day they inched closer and closer to it. No more wondering soon enough, no more theories.

When Sheeppaw asked how his training was going after expressing his own excitement over things with Gravelsnap, a slight hum came from him. "Good. Sparkspirit showed me around the territory, even how to hunt. Some fighting moves as well. If you want I can show you some " he offer softly before gently leaning over to run his tongue on his friends ivory flank. His tail swishing a bit before pausinf a slight and sighing.

"Fighting is hard though, I have to learn differently because I can't see from one eye. Sparkspirit is a good mentor, but I'm sure hes noticing me struggle" he expressed gently, he had to angle his head more when it came to left blows or use his other senses just to predict an attack, something he wasn't fully good at still and the worry that seeded deep in him was, what if he was held back another moon because of this? But he kept his face neutral, kept that worry to himself, he didn't need this to bring concern to Sheeppaw either, especially when he was sure the other wanted and hope they became warriors together.

"Do you think... we'll have more time to share tongues or...share a meal when we're warriors?" he asked the other curiously, plucking another feather from the bird and aiming to tuck it into Sheeppaw's side. It sucks not to be able to spend time with his friends but surely that would change once they're 12 moons?

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Lakepaw AMAB, He/Him, Apprentice of Windclan, 8 moons.
    LH Rosette Lynx Minx with low white and bi-color eyes, blind in left eye
    NPC X NPC
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Last edited:
Bringing a tongue, to lap over the spotted apprentice's fur. He listened as Lakepaw spoke of Sparkspirit showing him around the territory as well. It felt like forever since the two got to spend time together like this, they were stuck to the hip since they were kits. A relaxing day like today was perfect for catching up. But, it won't be long until they become warriors as moons pass by like a breeze.

He lets a 'ooo' when Lakepaw replies to his question on how his own training is going. Perking up when his friend said he could show him some moves. Heck yeah! "Yeah! I would like that. But, we cooould also spar some time if you're free." He playfully grins, his dark tail twitching from its place in excitement. He gets back to work on his friend's pelt, lapping then smoothing down some fur in some places. A large ear twitched towards Lakepaw, he lets a noise of confusion brow rising. Ahh. Fighting.

He doesn't get the 'no-eye' part of his friend's explanation, he isn't missing an eye sooo he doesn't really get how it feels to struggle with fighting. The black smoke doesn't think when he does it. He pushes his face to bump it against the other apprentice. "I'm rooting for you!" He blurts out, a beaming smile growing on his lips, as he looks at his friend. He would, absolutely, totally root for Lakepaw. "Even if you struggle with fighting, I will root for you!" He takes his head back from Lakepaw's and firmly nods. He doesn't want to see his friend struggle or get held back from their warrior ceremony! He doesn't! He'll be cheering Lakepaw on on the sidelines, until the other apprentice is tired of his yapping.

Ears swiveling when being asked a question, the tom frowns. Not sharing tongues? NO MORE MEALS TOGETHER?! Sky - blue eyes blink in shock, as he gapes at Lakepaw. "We totally will! If we don't... then we'll make time!" He replies to the other tom, with a determined smile. When he becomes a warrior even when busy. He'll make time to hang out with Lakepaw, ain't no one taking that away anytime soon. He perks up, looking over at his side and spotting a blackbird feather tucked into his fur. "But, for now. Let's hang out lots!"
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • no ref yet </3
    amab ; HE / HIM ; 9 MOONS & AGES EVERY 29TH.
    — all opinions are ic

— penned by calzone