private SMOKE ON THE WATER ⁺˖⋆ ROWANTHORN

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ nightbird rises early, before the sun had made its way well into the sky. despite it, the heat is sure to swelter in thunderclan's camp today, she can already feel it seep in through the nursery's dense bramble. her kits have yet to wake, since howlingstar's death they had done a whole lot of nothing. it concerned her more than anything, the sad looks in their eyes every time they looked at her. perhaps it was better they spent their time dreaming.

there is a visitor in the nursery, at first it has her fur spiking, but nightbird recognizes the chocolate swirled pelt of rowanthorn. her eyes narrow slightly as he works on the inside walls, it is not in hostility but intrigue. he had smartly made himself scarce, kept his head down in the face of skyclaw's goons. she couldn't remember his support of the ideals spewed by the false leader. she did remember a prickled pelt and grievances yelled when they took over, however. it gives her the confidence for a more direct approach.

careful not to stir her children, the queen slips from the nest and makes her way to the warrior's side. "there is change upon the horizon," she hums, neck craning to inspect the area he works on. "i trust you'll align with what's necessary?" although her words are vague, as her head lifts the stoney look in her gaze leaves little for interpretation.
  • ooc ↛ @Rowanthorn
  • BvsNLyD.png
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 35 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a white paw and pale silver eyes. currently a queen residing in the nursery.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / currently mentoring none.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

While working on reinforcing the nursery walls, Rowanthorn hadn't quite expected to be approached by Nightbird. He is careful, studying the midnight-colored queen with narrowed eyes. There is change upon the horizon, she says, and his ears perk up at that. Change. A necessary one, from the sound of it - unlike the one imposed by Howlingstar's grandson. Change for the better, for the future of all ThunderClan members.

"Until I draw my final breath, I am a ThunderClan warrior." He murmurs with a nod, copper gaze meeting her silver-hued eyes with conviction. Wordlessly he says this is not ThunderClan but a group of rogues holding several hostage, and he would die if it meant taking their home back from their paws.

• // #FF7661
  • A muscular and chubby scarred chocolate tabby tom with striking copper eyes.
  • ROWANTHORN — 37 moons, warrior of ThunderClan. Ages every 31st.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ nightbird nods, a hum of approval rumbling through her throat. rowanthorn was formidable, with any luck skyclaw's band of maggots would writhe under his claws. flamewhisker would be pleased to hear news of his fealty.

"i thought as much," the queen confirms, tail falling still as it rests over her paws. "watch for flamewhisker's signal, i doubt it'll be easy to miss." exiles pouring into camp, the fire pelted deputy demanding what was rightfully hers. it'd be a spectacle no doubt. but nightbird has run out of time to discuss it any further, from the corner of her eye she catches tabby pelts stirring. with a dip of her head, she excuses herself back to her nest.
  • ooc ↛
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 36 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a white paw and pale silver eyes. currently a queen residing in the nursery.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / currently mentoring none.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.