sneaking seekers // hollywhisper

Jan 5, 2023

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Another night, another stifling situation they found themselves in. Honeysplash was loosing it, she swore it more than once, and she half defeated on if she really needed a leg or not. Though that was a silly thought and she kept it away without another shake of her head. The cream and white warrior flicked her tail as she looked over to where Dawnglare had been sleeping. She swore he was always sleeping, but yet could appear within moments of her stepping out of the den. Did this stop her though? No it did not.

The young warrior had enough of the den for the day and was climbing herself out of her mossy nest. They looked back for a moment to make sure to not make a sound or disturb the other two cats in there. Thankfully they seemed to continue to rest and she took this chance to get out of the den and into the clearing. She sighed as the fresh air wafted over her fur and she breathed in the soft scents of camp happily.

Honeysplash puffed up her chest a bit with excitement and then decided to see if she could get out of camp entirely. She lowered herself to the ground and crawled across the clearing quietly. Though her leg strained slightly and caused pain, but she kept her leg up in the air to assure it was off the ground. Surely there would be no one to stop her so early into the night, when all was quiet and everyone was sound asleep.

• SPEECH
  • 831BEB81-73F8-4BD8-B5FB-C3A0729EEC4F.png
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 24 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Maybe it's all the extra sleep catching up to him, but Hollywhisper finds himself faking slumber for the first time in a while. It had been normal for him to do so for the longest time, but because Duststorm was keen on him taking better care of himself, he'd started to sleep more. This, of course, had been amplified by his condition, which was starting to become noticeable now. Soon enough, he'd be confined to the nursery. No more running, no more climbing, and no more normal warrior duties. The next however many moons were going to be torture.

Well, he can't sleep now so he might as well take advantage of everyone being asleep. Careful not to wake his mate, Hollywhisper slips out of the warriors’ den. He takes a breath of fresh air, contemplating whether or not he should just sit and watch the sky, when he catches a glimpse of cream and white fur.

Curiosity gets the best of him, and he approaches - recognizing Honeysplash, a warrior who is supposed to be in the medicine cat's den. His usual smirk curls upon his lips - she might be interesting to talk to.

“What'cha doing?” he asks, tilting his head innocently. “I wouldn't leave camp if I were you. Might get even more hurt. I get being bored ‘cause you're stuck in camp, though, so how about this? If you stay in camp, I won't tell Dawnglare that you slipped out, and I'll even chat with you for a while. Better than being all alone out, right?”

"Speech"

SOMETIMES THAT LONELY LOVE DEFILES YOU

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Paws froze mid-step as mossy green hues looked from their target- the camp entrance- to that of a voice that spoke up. Someone had seen them! They straightened and prepared for it to be Dawnglare, manifesting like usually from thin air like he was a Starclan cat sent to haunt them all, but they were surprised. It was Shoiri, or well Hollywhisper now via the recent meeting and they had always liked their name. It was very pretty and nicely thought out!

Though then green hues register something that made a small pang of jealousy stab a cold icicle through their stomach. Honeysplash had hoped for kits around this time of year, with her mate Quillstrike, but he never even came to face her. They hadn’t spoken a word to each other in moons and there was a sneaking feeling she was just going to be told her obvious thoughts. That he’d moved on- like everyone else did.

They looked down at their paws for a moment before giving a small shrug, “Youll talk to me? It feels like everyone around me is avoiding me currently,” She admitted softly and meekly twitched an ear. She had just wanted to get out, feel the breeze and smell the forest floor, but this would do too. Hollywhisper was someone they didnt know much about and wondered what they could chat about.

Part of them wanted to ask about their kits, how it was going and what not, but the words dried and stuck in her throat. Her politeness wanted to ask about it, as it was imperative to their life, but her bubbling envy kept the topic at bay. Honeysplash figured she should head back to where she had been, outside the medicine den, and sat down in her patch of dirt she had claimed her own for the moment. The cream warrior shuffled slightly in place, “Howre you doing? I know things have been a little crazy at the moment,”

• SPEECH
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 24 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.