camp SOLITUDE ╱ GAME

Jul 21, 2023
"This is hardly a valuable use of our time," he tells the kitten as if there would be any understanding between them. Between his paws lies a bundle of moss, tightly bound and suitably dry. He has been told that this is ideal for play. Whether or not he had ever used it for such himself....remains buried far within his memory, apparently. If there is familiarity to how he paws at the ball, that is hardly evidence for anything. Still he frowns down at the toy, his brow furrowed and his unreadable gaze pinned, permanent, immutable. Once, many moons ago, before violence came upon the marshlands, he remembers.... "Hm." Saltsting makes a noise akin to consideration, though it hides a great deal more.

With hesitancy unlike the young warrior, who seemed to move as if he savored every piece of his energy with precision and intention, one white-tipped paw lifts from the dirt and bats it. Experimentally, it begins to roll back towards Pebblekit. "You will have to teach me the rules of this game. I don't believe I know how to play."
border2.png

• ooc: @pebblekit not pafp, but please don't post twice before he's here, ty!!
  • saltsting. formerly named idk yet.
    —— cis male. he - him // they - them. unoffended by others. 11 moons old. riverclanner.
    —— sexuality unknown. seems rather impossible to form close relationships with at first.
    —— half pine + marsh heritage. his father being a skyclan kittypet is general knowledge.
    —— earned his warrior name early despite a,, slight disagreement with cicadastar over it.

Being the son of a kittypet, there is much there that Saltsting has inherited. From the sharp, angular profile of an Oriental Shorthair to the trim, glossy coat– he may as well have been his father's clone were one to not look too closely. He is a dark black smoke with a smattering of low white, particularly on his paws and muzzle, as well as very dark brown eyes he inherited from his mother.
  • "speech"

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ StarClan, he's infuriating. There he is, spine so straight a tree trunk would cry of jealousy, his ears large enough to catch minnows and his face so learned in the art of subtlety that his reflection in a pond would blink first. It sounds an awful lot like Fallinglight despises him, but it's no different than that violent urge to squeeze something adorable until it pops.

"Oh, kid, you're gonna wanna ditch this guy," he says, throwing himself down on the sidelines in a long, long stretch. "First he asks about the rules, then he's winning every time and you can't make up a reason why he's actually doing it wrong." He crawls on his belly to be slightly closer to Pebblekit, just enough so he can stage whisper, "Tell him the rule's that he has to lose." He winks exaggeratedly in Saltsting's direction.

• ooc:
  • FALLINGLIGHT / / 11 moons old / / amab and uses masculine pronouns; will be startled by the use of any others.
    — warrior of riverclan / / earned warrior name early at 10 moons / / skilled but not experienced / / mentoring [n / a].
    — npc parents / / father died in the great battle and mother left when he was apprenticed / / no contact w / siblings.
    — flirtatious & disastrous bisexual / / fairly indiscriminate (even when he should be) / / closed to long-term romance.

a fairly trim, athletic chocolate lynx point with low white. fur is thick and wavy, and tends to curl primarily around his face and tail when wet. eyes are a bright, gleaming blue at home with the river on clear, sunny days. he is rarely without a devil-may-care grin, though despite his daring personality, has yet to accumulate noticeable scarring.
  • dear shell, i don't think saltsting has played a game in his life, and that's a lot more saddening than i was ready for. i could have easily mocked him for it, but it didn't feel right. do you think he would even understand why it bothers me?