camp SOME OF US WILL BE DREAMERS ♦ Cuddle pile

Redwind

Hello, Darling!
Jun 8, 2023
Leafbare touched skies made breaths feel heavy and sharp to the lungs. Warmth baring coat beginning to warm air flow as the cinnamon touched molly drew her tail over her nose. For a moment worry coated her habitually glowing eyes touched with playful emotions. A patrol she attended hadn't done too well, but a greeting smirk touched her lips at each passing paws.

Redwind settled beneath an Elm, despite her tightly wrapped position and worry crossed mind, she was inviting. A shivering friend had caused her to lift her head slowly, blinking as she closely observed them. "Tell me, Darling. Is it the frost that is bothering you or has something spooked you so?" Smooth voice was laced with concern; she tipped her head to her side, "Come now, I'm here to attend to either." A stretch unfolded her bound position and invited her clanmate over along with her call. "Wouldn't want to catch a sickness, would we?" Redwind hoped an outbreak wouldn't lace the season and destroy the immunity of her friends once more, they suffered enough, didn't they? Hopefully some warmth and cheer would keep both gloom and sickness at bay. ​

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ the cold had a way of seeping through, settling in so deeply that nightbird could hardly remember a time when she was warm. she would have assumed her time in the mountains would prepare her, but it felt different. they were always on the move throughout the journey, only stopped to rest until they would travel once more. here, her paws felt idle for the most part, maybe that's why they were always numbed by the frost.

a concerned coo had her ears twitching upwards to attention. redwind, attempting to coax out a reason for her frosty exterior, displaying her will to share warmth. "you're kind to offer, i'm alright." perhaps it came rather stiff, but nightbird was rarely seen sharing tender moments such as these with most clanmates. a lack of interest perhaps, the only cat that could really convince her was raccoonstripe.

it wasn't a loss entirely, however. she caught pawsteps approaching,, a small grin pulling the corners of her mouth up. "my friend here has been complaining day and night about how cold they are, however," she explains, mock sympathy riddling her white lie. she tilts her head towards the approaching thunderclanner, bestowing them with the same grin. "redwind has generously offered her services to fix your ailments, don't want to leave her hanging." her tail lifted to prod them towards the cinnamon blotched molly, as soon as this was settled she could make her escape.

• IMG_0032.png
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, twenty-eight moons.
    a small black smoke molly with a single white paw and pale silver eyes.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / mentor to tba
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

As a kit, Shinepaw had enjoyed Leafbare for superficial reasons, positives that only a cat unburdened by responsibility could see. He’d enjoyed the cold, a temporary cure from the constant heat brought on by an all-too-long pelt. He’d enjoyed how his mother held him tighter, whispering reassurances as a tiny face pressed into her fur. Now, facing his first Leafbare since becoming an apprentice, it was all replaced by negativity.

Shinepaw had been pacing, worrying about the results of the last patrol. A patrol he was apart of. The shaft of sunlight had caught nothing, not unusual considering the weather, but it was causing him to spiral all the same. Were his skills not up to par? Maybe his pelt stood out too much against the snow, and that’s why the ball of nerves hadn’t contributed. Was he doomed to be completely useless for a whole season?

Pointless walking which reflected pointless thoughts brought the boy into the sights of Nightbird, and her words brought a new bout of panic to the anxiety-ridden extrovert. “What? Uh-“ It took a moment for everything to register. “I-I wasn’t complaining! I don’t like to complain.” It would be exceedingly easy to call Nightbird out on her lie, but Shinepaw was no fan of confronting others. Besides, a cuddle actually sounded nice right now. Better than pacing, at least.

Shinepaw sheepishly shuffled forwards as Nightbird urged him on, slowly laying down to let a sun-drenched pelt press against the warrior. Her warmth felt nice against him, and the boy let out a small, contented sigh. “Thank you, Redwind. I’ll…I’ll go get some work done in a few minutes, but it’s nice to rest like this.” Always the busy-body, always playing catch-up. It felt strange to pump the brakes, even for these few seconds.​

A chuckle escaped her jaws as she watched the scene unfold, shaking her head softly at the poor apprentice's confusion. Personally, she found the humor in the situation, knowing she would have done the same as Nightbird had. "Room for another?" Laying beside Redwind, she would take comfort in the fact that she was finally laying near a clanmate who shared a thicker coat than others. It would be nice to share warmth rather than solely provide it for a change. A yawn would escape her jaws as she closed her eyes, purring softly as she took the time to rest alongside her clanmates.

don't try to rush your enemies .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
The frosted male grinned behind a well-placed paw, laying near the gradual pile of warm bodies in this cool weather that nipped at his hindquarters, reminded of the frigid waters that splashed against his pelt during a monstrous storm. An amber hue flickered, crinkling around the edges. “Comfy?” He inquired, staring at Shinepaw and Coyotebite. It was times like these that Oakfang was thankful for his long coat, trapping in the heat far easier than some of his short-haired clanmates.
thought speech

tigerpaw loved physical affection, physical touch. especially during the cold seasons as such, pressing against Batwing while they walked, or really anyone who would tolerate it.

the orange and chocolate tortie would lift a paw as she paused, glancing over at the strong smell of clanmates. green gaze watched for a second before registering how close they were and how content they seemed.

and of course, the young apprentice would bound forward, sniffing around before finding her own comfortable spot. "It's so warm," she purred. shed look towards batwing and grin. "come join us!"

@batwing

-ˋˏ ༻☽༺ ˎˊ- Unlike the nearby Nightbird, who received the first offer to join in the warmth, Badgerpaw was much more sociable and readily accepted any invitation for closeness, whether or not she knew these cats. She treated everyone as if they were close friends with her.

Badgerpaw hated the cold - her light-colored paw pads were always sore from the cold, dry ground, and she frequently found herself shivering tremendously as she was chilled to the bone by the cold bite of leaf-bare air. During these times, she found herself gravitating towards other cats, seeking the warmth that their bodies provided. At the sight of her Clanmates huddling together under the elm, Badgerpaw eagerly made her way over, walking with a light pounce to pull her sore paw pads off the thinly coated grass.

With a kind smile towards the gathered cats, Badgerpaw crawled forward and found a spot next to Shinepaw and wiggled in close, letting her fur fluffed-out fur finally relax as she settled into a loaf position, pressed against cats on all sides. A soft purr radiated from the tortoiseshell as her eyes half-closed. So cozy. So relaxing..

• BADGERPAW she/her, apprentice of thunderclan, nine moons.
    a lively black-blue tortoiseshell chimera she-cat.
    mate to no one. apprentice to n/a.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by ixora@.ixora on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

.i'll be your calm, ———

wha_1_crop.png

——— before the storm!.
———————— ————————
Batwing seemed to be in a similar boat as Nightbird- as much as he had a love for his apprentice, or a deep appreciation of Redwind's kindness, he wasn't always cuddly. Leopardtongue above all else got a pass, as did his kits and his apprentice but... he couldn't find the effort within him to gather himself up and drop against them, especially with so much to do.

Drawing up alongside Nightbird, his eyes blinked for a moment. Wearing an amused look, he responded to Tigerpaw. "I'm okay. Don't want to steal the heat from the rest of you." He teased lightly.

"speech"​